There are 371 users in the forums

Were you aware of this little 'tidbit'?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by Sando:
The 49ers have a 2-21 road record since 2005 in early games against teams other than the St. Louis Rams).

Luckily, this isn't 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009.

New year, different team, different opponents.

But as we've seen, we've lost twice this year already for the same reasons we have lost many times in the past. Once again, we're beating ourselves...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I know one of those wins was by Shaun Hill...when we went up to Buffalo and beat them...we were the first NFL west team to beat a east coast team on the road that season....

and Buffalo had previously put of 50 something points the previous week against the Chiefs..

I remember I went on the Bills message forum telling them not to take Shaun Hill and the 9ers lightly......that we would beat them.....man did they laugh that off....lol.... their forum was a mess for the rest of that week after our game....I didn't even want to rub it in their faces..it was that bad.

I think he meant games that are in September, the win against the Bills were in week 13.

Why do you think he means that? The numbers don't add up if you only count September games.

Because he said early games. Maybe it also includes the first two weeks of October also. I don't know, what exactly early games are.....oh dammit, NVM, early games as in East coast...my bad.

Don't feel bad. I thought the same thing at first. For those who are confused, these games pertain to the ones that are played at 10:00 am PST or 1:00 pm EST.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
From the same article, and the reason I hate Sando.

Quote:
Alex Smith needs help. The 49ers' quarterback made strides by leading the fourth-quarter drive to a tying touchdown and two-point conversion against New Orleans on Monday night. Smith was effective largely because the Saints had to worry about the 49ers' running game. Smith will need more of the same from Frank Gore and his offensive line against Kansas City in Week 3. The Chiefs have allowed 3.8 and 2.8 yards per carry in their victories over San Diego and Cleveland, respectively. They haven't faced a running back with Gore's credentials, however. Smith and the 49ers have won three road games with fourth-quarter comebacks over the years. They had a 100-yard rusher in two of those games.

Why does he make it seem as if Alex benefitting from a highpoint on his side of the ball is a rare feat for NFL QBs? Would he mention that Tom Brady had a great game because someone else on his side of the ball also had a great game? It is indeed the fact that because Smith has been paired on the offensive side of the ball with so many poor talents at their positions, his career has faltered.

Well, he has a point. Gore, not Smith, was the man in that game aside from the last drive.

Gore was great, but you are downplaying Smith's Second Half. The drive where he threw deep to Crabs and then VD? That was basically all Smith. Also the drive in the first half for a touchdown was mostly passing as well. Though I believe on that one there was also alot of Gore.

I'm not downplaying Smith's game at all. I am only noting that Gore had a better game then Smith. Thats not to say Smith wasn't great in the second half. He was!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
they mentioned this all year on fox last year when we played early. WE WILL WIN this sunday Frank the Tank will have another great day.
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The 49ers have a 2-21 road record since 2005 in early games against teams other than the St. Louis Rams).

Its like playing at 10 o'clock for them

Its a big adjustment on the body clock

The NFL should not be allowed to schedule west coast teams at 10 after a MNF game

No West Coast team should be playing at 10 on the East Coast PERIOD. It's a major disadvantage since they'd be technically playing at 0700 AM. Whereas EC teams have the added advantage of playing later when they travel West.

Wait and see what happens when we go on the Road to England to play there.

~Ceadder
we better win this f**kin game
Originally posted by teeohh:
we better win this f**kin game

I second this notion. I don't care how good we looked against the prevailing Super Bowl Champs, if we start 0-3, that means diddly squat. This team needs to get on the right track, and on the right track now.

~Dann~
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by LundyLove:

Its like playing at 10 o'clock for them

Its a big adjustment on the body clock

The NFL should not be allowed to schedule west coast teams at 10 after a MNF game

No West Coast team should be playing at 10 on the East Coast PERIOD. It's a major disadvantage since they'd be technically playing at 0700 AM. Whereas EC teams have the added advantage of playing later when they travel West.

Wait and see what happens when we go on the Road to England to play there.

~Ceadder

They are playing at noon, KC time...? It is like they are playing at 10am our time... England is the same... It will be 10am our time, and 5pm England time, IIRC.

2-21 is pretty damn bad though... that is a very discouraging "tidbit"... I wonder how east coast team records are when traveling to the west coast?
Share 49ersWebzone