LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Were you aware of this little 'tidbit'?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How about only four QB's have won at KC their first time starting there Montana, P Manning, E Manning and McNabb. Last two Niners visits to KC, 41-0 and 44-9.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
From the same article, and the reason I hate Sando.

Quote:
Alex Smith needs help. The 49ers' quarterback made strides by leading the fourth-quarter drive to a tying touchdown and two-point conversion against New Orleans on Monday night. Smith was effective largely because the Saints had to worry about the 49ers' running game. Smith will need more of the same from Frank Gore and his offensive line against Kansas City in Week 3. The Chiefs have allowed 3.8 and 2.8 yards per carry in their victories over San Diego and Cleveland, respectively. They haven't faced a running back with Gore's credentials, however. Smith and the 49ers have won three road games with fourth-quarter comebacks over the years. They had a 100-yard rusher in two of those games.

Why does he make it seem as if Alex benefitting from a highpoint on his side of the ball is a rare feat for NFL QBs? Would he mention that Tom Brady had a great game because someone else on his side of the ball also had a great game? It is indeed the fact that because Smith has been paired on the offensive side of the ball with so many poor talents at their positions, his career has faltered.

Well, he has a point. Gore, not Smith, was the man in that game aside from the last drive.
We always play like we are hung over during 10am games.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How about only four QB's have won at KC their first time starting there Montana, P Manning, E Manning and McNabb. Last two Niners visits to KC, 41-0 and 44-9.

Don't remind me of those trouncings. One of them was back in '98 or so with Young and Rice, no? I remember that day as clear as day. Getting killed by the Chiefs and the TV focused on the Chief fans screaming their head off. I even remember a guy wearing a Young jersey but had KC arrows stuck all in him. I wanted to punch him through the TV. Hell, in '98, I was only 10 years old lol.

~Dann~
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
As of Sunday make it 3-21.

BAM!

Quote:
Alex Smith needs help. The 49ers' quarterback made strides by leading the fourth-quarter drive to a tying touchdown and two-point conversion against New Orleans on Monday night. Smith was effective largely because the Saints had to worry about the 49ers' running game. Smith will need more of the same from Frank Gore and his offensive line against Kansas City in Week 3. The Chiefs have allowed 3.8 and 2.8 yards per carry in their victories over San Diego and Cleveland, respectively. They haven't faced a running back with Gore's credentials, however. Smith and the 49ers have won three road games with fourth-quarter comebacks over the years. They had a 100-yard rusher in two of those games.

Why does he make it seem as if Alex benefitting from a highpoint on his side of the ball is a rare feat for NFL QBs? Would he mention that Tom Brady had a great game because someone else on his side of the ball also had a great game? It is indeed the fact that because Smith has been paired on the offensive side of the ball with so many poor talents at their positions, his career has faltered.

so true
Originally posted by Sando:
The 49ers have a 2-21 road record since 2005 in early games against teams other than the St. Louis Rams).

Luckily, this isn't 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 or 2009.

New year, different team, different opponents.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Don't remind me of those trouncings. One of them was back in '98 or so with Young and Rice, no? I remember that day as clear as day. Getting killed by the Chiefs and the TV focused on the Chief fans screaming their head off. I even remember a guy wearing a Young jersey but had KC arrows stuck all in him. I wanted to punch him through the TV. Hell, in '98, I was only 10 years old lol.

~Dann~

It was 97.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I know one of those wins was by Shaun Hill...when we went up to Buffalo and beat them...we were the first NFL west team to beat a east coast team on the road that season....

and Buffalo had previously put of 50 something points the previous week against the Chiefs..

I remember I went on the Bills message forum telling them not to take Shaun Hill and the 9ers lightly......that we would beat them.....man did they laugh that off....lol.... their forum was a mess for the rest of that week after our game....I didn't even want to rub it in their faces..it was that bad.

I think he meant games that are in September, the win against the Bills were in week 13.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I know one of those wins was by Shaun Hill...when we went up to Buffalo and beat them...we were the first NFL west team to beat a east coast team on the road that season....

and Buffalo had previously put of 50 something points the previous week against the Chiefs..

I remember I went on the Bills message forum telling them not to take Shaun Hill and the 9ers lightly......that we would beat them.....man did they laugh that off....lol.... their forum was a mess for the rest of that week after our game....I didn't even want to rub it in their faces..it was that bad.

I think he meant games that are in September, the win against the Bills were in week 13.

Why do you think he means that? The numbers don't add up if you only count September games.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Quote:

Well, he has a point. Gore, not Smith, was the man in that game aside from the last drive.

Gore was great, but you are downplaying Smith's Second Half. The drive where he threw deep to Crabs and then VD? That was basically all Smith. Also the drive in the first half for a touchdown was mostly passing as well. Though I believe on that one there was also alot of Gore.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Why do you think he means that? The numbers don't add up if you only count September games.

Because he said early games. Maybe it also includes the first two weeks of October also. I don't know, what exactly early games are.....oh dammit, NVM, early games as in East coast...my bad.
what can I say? the niners always lose to opponents OUTSIDE the division.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by Sando:
The 49ers have a 2-21 road record since 2005 in early games against teams other than the St. Louis Rams).

Its like playing at 10 o'clock for them

Its a big adjustment on the body clock

The NFL should not be allowed to schedule west coast teams at 10 after a MNF game

If you want to be a champion you will play any time anywhere and win
Share 49ersWebzone