LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Wristband and audibles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I saw Smith peeking at his wristband a few times during the Saints game. I wonder how many times he "maybe didn't hear the play call" and went to plan B on the wristband. Also, lo and behold, I saw him calling audibles (I know I wasn't dreaming). These are two things that have evolved with Smith allowing him to become a quarterback rather than a game manager. I think coaches and management will forgive his temporary deafness if he is successful.
haters gonna hate.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I saw Smith peeking at his wristband a few times during the Saints game. I wonder how many times he "maybe didn't hear the play call" and went to plan B on the wristband. Also, lo and behold, I saw him calling audibles (I know I wasn't dreaming). These are two things that have evolved with Smith allowing him to become a quarterback rather than a game manager. I think coaches and management will forgive his temporary deafness if he is successful.

Jimmy Raye is calling a # so he would have to look at his wristband before every play to see the corresponding play with that # and tell the players the play.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM ]

lol are you trying to make a joke are do u not know too much?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I like that Smith appears to have a little more room to be a quarterback rather than a subservient game manager. I don't know that he is being allowed more initiative, but he seemed to have more freedom against the Saints.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I like that Smith appears to have a little more room to be a quarterback rather than a subservient game manager. I don't know that he is being allowed more initiative, but he seemed to have more freedom against the Saints.

i dont think its that i think its the fact he actually had the time at the LOS to make adjustments honestly i have never seen him have that much time before at the LOS
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Search function
Share 49ersWebzone