LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

I just realized, statistically we have the worst defense in the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
J. Charles and T. Jones combined stats: 57 yards rushing, 3 broken legs, two fumbles.
M. Cassel: 15 of 39 for 162 yards, 3 INTs and a letter to his mommy to get him out of KC.
Here's a stat:

After two games, we only have 12.5% of the total data needed to statistically determine the best defense over a 16 game season.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Here's a stat:

After two games, we only have 12.5% of the total data needed to statistically determine the best defense over a 16 game season.

LOL^
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Here's a stat:

LOL^

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
We are dead last in points allowed!

Do you think this is a fluke, or are we hyping the defense to much?

The 49ers defense, AKA.... "The Rat Trap Defense" ain't too shabby.

Take away the pick 6 from the Seattle game, and that's 49 points, or..24.5 points per game. Not what we want. But, lets not ignore some relevant facts:

Several of those drives began inside the 49ers 30 on D. (Seattle pick off Smith off Crabtree, Reggie Bush returns punt inside 30, fumbled punt inside 20 against Saints). [b]I believe they've only allowed 2 sustained touchdown drives out of the 2 games, hence the #4 average in defensive yds allowed.
The yds allowed is a direct reflection of how teams are able to drive the ball.[/b]

Last year we whooped ass on points allowed. I'm thinkin' that is going to be the case this as well, provided our offense and ST gets their s**t together and stop's turning the ball over deep in our territory.

And there you have it...the Rat Trap Defense kicks azz.
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 23, 2010 at 2:47 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
TPA and APA is misleading, because we gave Seattle short fields that led to 21 points off our turnovers in the redzone. That 28 APA will come down as the season goes on.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by jrg:
Fluke.

And OVERALL, we have the #4 defense in the NFL.

Pts/game should go down even more after this weekend. I can't see us giving KC more than 21 points.

Don't jinx it! All it takes is a pick 6 and another turnover at our own 10 for two easy TD's.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
TPA and APA is misleading, because we gave Seattle short fields that led to 21 points off our turnovers in the redzone. That 28 APA will come down as the season goes on.

Yes. Teams have been having a hard time driving the ball down the field. When you take away the TO's deep in our territory..I believe we have only gave up two touchdown drives in 2 games, which is quite remarkable. This explains why we are ranked 4 in yards allowed yet so high in points allowed. Teams havn't been able to drive the ball on us, but they have been able to get the ball with excellent field position quite frequently.
Share 49ersWebzone