LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

49ers Time of Posession in the last 2 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niner's are ahead in many categories.... except the most important.

Turnovers. Wins.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Week 1 @ Seattle

32:45

Week 2 vs New Orleans

32:40

So this team is obviously doing a good job of moving the ball. We just have to learn how to finish drives!

SF time of possesion against NO was 27:20
Originally posted by tn9er:
Week 1 @ Seattle

Week 2 vs New Orleans

32:40

So this team is obviously doing a good job of moving the ball. We just have to learn how to finish drives!

SF time of possesion against NO was 27:20

Ooops! You are correct. I read the wrong side.
Damn! Rewatched the NO game and we literally dominated them throughout the game.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by kidash:
All that time of possession don't mean crap if we can't finish... Damn I hate turnovers!

Yea! No kidding...frickin' momentum killers!!!!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I think once Alex gets more comfortable with the OLine, then he makes the 4th and 1 throws and the 3rd and 2 throws. The OLine is getting better and better each week, hopefully they can keep that intensity on the road however. He plays very good when no one is in his face
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think once Alex gets more comfortable with the OLine, then he makes the 4th and 1 throws and the 3rd and 2 throws. The OLine is getting better and better each week, hopefully they can keep that intensity on the road however. He plays very good when no one is in his face

He is like a completely different QB. I got a call today from a friend in New Hampshire, (Patriots fan) and he actually surprised me. He said he was shocked at how well Alex played vs the Saints. He said, "You guys should just play Alex out of the shotgun more. He was tearing it up out there!"

I told him that it wasn't Singletary and Raye's style. They want to focus on running the football with Frank Gore. I also said that Alex played well overall and that now we see how well he can do when the offensive line can protect him. That's the first time we haven't allowed a sack since 2008!!!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We have the youngest offense in the league, they are still learning to win( i.e. not beat themselves). Once they get it together, with all the talent we have in place, we will have an explosive offense.

Yes. Because right now we have an implosive offense.
Originally posted by Surly-Z:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49er:
When our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it looks like we're moving the ball better than we did at any point last year. I think a lot of it has to do w/ the new and improved offensive line. When the o-line struggles, the offense goes nowhere.

this

some people fail to realize that and thinks it starts and ends with the qb it acually start and ends with teh o line

i cant think of a great qb who has had a terrible o line

Agree

Not hating on 11, but i can't think of a great QB who missed more short throws (see: 4th and 1, seattle, moran norris in the flat). I can't think of a great QB who took five+ years to take off with the same team (he might have a shot with a fresh start someone where they're not tired of him). And I can't think of a great QB who seemed so deferential and unsure of himself on and off the field.

I hope I'm wrong.

well there is going to always be a first time for everything
Week 1 @ Seattle

Week 2 vs New Orleans

27:20

Yes, they need to get the ball in the End Zone........... Its really frustrating to watch them march down the field only to have it end with a fumble or a pick. At least give Nedney a shot at putting points on the board. 400 yards of offense doesn't mean squat without scoring...... It just doesn't........

When our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it looks like we're moving the ball better than we did at any point last year. I think a lot of it has to do w/ the new and improved offensive line. When the o-line struggles, the offense goes nowhere.

this

some people fail to realize that and thinks it starts and ends with the qb it acually start and ends with teh o line

Aaron Rodgers
Originally posted by Surly-Z:
Originally posted by tohara3:

this

Agree

Not hating on 11, but i can't think of a great QB who missed more short throws (see: 4th and 1, seattle, moran norris in the flat). I can't think of a great QB who took five+ years to take off with the same team (he might have a shot with a fresh start someone where they're not tired of him). And I can't think of a great QB who seemed so deferential and unsure of himself on and off the field.

I hope I'm wrong.

Not to hate on you but that pass to Norris was not to the flat. Yet another case of people talking out their rears. Besides Norris stopped completely, turned around and leaped for the ball. Had he not stopped, and either back pedaled or kept going on the route the catch would have been a lot easier. I can't think of anything great about your post, hopefully you'll do more research on FOOTBALL but considering everything you said here I don't see your posts getting any better

I hope for your next post to be better thought out.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful:

this

Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers doesn't have a terrible OL. I don't remember Favre getting sacked that much with virtually the same players. Rodgers holds on to the ball too long, waited for the deep routes to develop.

this

exactly....not even Joe or Steve could have flourished like they did without time to throw the ball.
Originally posted by adrenaline:
The Niner's are ahead in many categories.... except the most important.

Turnovers. Wins.

fukin sucks
Share 49ersWebzone