There are 302 users in the forums

49ers Time of Posession in the last 2 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Week 1 @ Seattle

32:45

Week 2 vs New Orleans

27:20

So this team is obviously doing a good job of moving the ball. We just have to learn how to finish drives!
[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM ]
We have the youngest offense in the league, they are still learning to win( i.e. not beat themselves). Once they get it together, with all the talent we have in place, we will have an explosive offense.
  • 49er
  • Veteran
When our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it looks like we're moving the ball better than we did at any point last year. I think a lot of it has to do w/ the new and improved offensive line. When the o-line struggles, the offense goes nowhere.
Originally posted by 49er:
When our offense is clicking on all cylinders, it looks like we're moving the ball better than we did at any point last year. I think a lot of it has to do w/ the new and improved offensive line. When the o-line struggles, the offense goes nowhere.

this

some people fail to realize that and thinks it starts and ends with the qb it acually start and ends with teh o line

i cant think of a great qb who has had a terrible o line
All that time of possession don't mean crap if we can't finish... Damn I hate turnovers!

Holding on to the ball would help
That's interesting, I would've thought the Seatle TOP would have been much lower than Monday's outing.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

this

some people fail to realize that and thinks it starts and ends with the qb it acually start and ends with teh o line

Agree

this

For a short amount of time, yes, but season-long, no.
Originally posted by kidash:
All that time of possession don't mean crap if we can't finish... Damn I hate turnovers!

Originally posted by tohara3:

this

Agree

Not hating on 11, but i can't think of a great QB who missed more short throws (see: 4th and 1, seattle, moran norris in the flat). I can't think of a great QB who took five+ years to take off with the same team (he might have a shot with a fresh start someone where they're not tired of him). And I can't think of a great QB who seemed so deferential and unsure of himself on and off the field.

I hope I'm wrong.
This right here is going to be the thing that takes us over the top. Right now were struggling with finishing. being able to control the TOP gives us more opportunities to score. Plus it also helps our D by giving them plenty of rest. We are going to definately have to keep this up on this road trip. We should be able to win both. but that will depend on stoping the stupid mistakes.
Originally posted by Surly-Z:

this

Agree

Not hating on 11, but i can't think of a great QB who missed more short throws (see: 4th and 1, seattle, moran norris in the flat). I can't think of a great QB who took five+ years to take off with the same team (he might have a shot with a fresh start someone where they're not tired of him). And I can't think of a great QB who seemed so deferential and unsure of himself on and off the field.

I hope I'm wrong.

to be fair there has been no great or even decent qb that has had the personell alex has had while having 5 difference OC in 5 years and there a lot of ppl who arent good at short throws but good at the middle to long ones like mcnabb and vick

the norris throw was his fault (alexs) however if that was any1 else any other TE RB or WR that wouldve been caught in stride norris is just too slow and nclearly not a pass catching FB he is clerly a one dimential blocking FB

this

Agree

I hope I'm wrong.

But but but 3 hundred and some yards, a couple picks and a TD makes Smith gawdzors fer realz....................
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

this

Agree

I hope I'm wrong.

Give me a break down of those five years you talk about.
Share 49ersWebzone