LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

Alex Smith Observation.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You know what Alex really needs to do? Stop playing it too safe.

You got a nationally broadcast game against the Eagles for week 5. You're about to be labeled a bust. Go out fighting like a man. Take a page out of Jay Cutler's book, and just try to make some plays downfield.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

You got a nationally broadcast game against the Eagles for week 5. You're about to be labeled a bust. Go out fighting like a man. Take a page out of Jay Cutler's book, and just try to make some plays downfield.

I agree with you, but he's been trying for the past 37 years
  • B650
  • Veteran
I have an observation. It's something I noticed after seeing Bradford terrorize the Seahawks last Sunday.

Usually, you can tell right away when a QB will turn out to be a good one...they show flashes...Manning, Elway, Montana, Young, Favre, McNabb, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, and on and on. Bradford looks like he's going to be a good QB. Imagine Bradford 6 years from now still having to apologize for dumb mistakes, having a losing record, more INTs than TDs, etc. You'd think that he's a bust, right? It's time to move on. Alex Smith just doesn't seem to have it. He keeps making the same bonehead mistakes. This was the year that I thought Smith had to prove himself. Last chance. Well, he got his chance. A quarter of the season is gone and I think it's obvious that we need to acquire a QB next year. The only question is do we let him play out the year or go with someone else? This might be drastic, but I think it's time to give someone else a shot, and I don't mean David Carr who
's basically a poor man's Alex Smith.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 6, 2010 at 3:36 AM ]

Agreed. I think he sucks but he needs to get pissed. I mean just act like a leader, take some shots down field, try to win the game. Scramble if you have to! Who cares if you get injured, you're about to lose your job anyway! Just make some f**king plays, or atleast try. If it doesn't work out then oh well. If Crabtree costs you another interception than punch him in the f**king face. Just show some fire and do whatever you have to do to win. If it doesn't work out then atleast he did everything he possibly could. He needs to stop playing it too safe. You can't rely on 14 play drives or whatever with no explosive plays all game anyway.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
I have an observation. It's something I noticed after seeing Bradford terrorize the Seahawks last Sunday.

Usually, you can tell right away when a QB will turn out to be a good one...they show flashes...Manning, Elway, Montana, Young, Favre, McNabb, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, and on and on. Bradford looks like he's going to be a good QB. Imagine Bradford 6 years from now still having to apologize for dumb mistakes, having a losing record, more INTs than TDs, etc. You'd think that he's a bust, right? It's time to move on. Alex Smith just doesn't seem to have it. He keeps making the same bonehead mistakes. This was the year that I thought Smith had to prove himself. Last chance. Well, he got his chance. A quarter of the season is gone and I think it's obvious that we need to acquire a QB next year. The only question is do we let him play out the year or go with someone else? This might be drastic, but I think it's time to give someone else a shot, and I don't mean David Carr who is basically a poor man's Alex Smith.

THere's nobody else in FA though. At least nobody that can learn this football for dummies offense fast enough.
Originally posted by Brew:

Usually, you can tell right away when a QB will turn out to be a good one...they show flashes...Manning, Elway, Montana, Young, Favre, McNabb, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, and on and on. Bradford looks like he's going to be a good QB. Imagine Bradford 6 years from now still having to apologize for dumb mistakes, having a losing record, more INTs than TDs, etc. You'd think that he's a bust, right? It's time to move on. Alex Smith just doesn't seem to have it. He keeps making the same bonehead mistakes. This was the year that I thought Smith had to prove himself. Last chance. Well, he got his chance. A quarter of the season is gone and I think it's obvious that we need to acquire a QB next year. The only question is do we let him play out the year or go with someone else? This might be drastic, but I think it's time to give someone else a shot, and I don't mean David Carr who is basically a poor man's Alex Smith.

THere's nobody else in FA though. At least nobody that can learn this football for dummies offense fast enough.

Jeff Garcia please
alex will have that oh damn alex might finally turn the corner game, only to go back to the same s**t the following week or whenever we get back on the road. ive been a smith supporter but after the atl game i retired, alex can absolutely go peyton manning on us sunday night and i wont give a damn because i know whats coming the next wk or 2
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
alex will have that oh damn alex might finally turn the corner game, only to go back to the same s**t the following week or whenever we get back on the road

ah.. yes those games.. So many of them.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Brew:

Jeff Garcia please

Or Rattay! He's kickin' ass with the Las Vegas Locomotives!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Agreed. I think he sucks but he needs to get pissed. I mean just act like a leader, take some shots down field, try to win the game. Scramble if you have to! Who cares if you get injured, you're about to lose your job anyway! Just make some f**king plays, or atleast try. If it doesn't work out then oh well. If Crabtree costs you another interception than punch him in the f**king face. Just show some fire and do whatever you have to do to win. If it doesn't work out then atleast he did everything he possibly could. He needs to stop playing it too safe. You can't rely on 14 play drives or whatever with no explosive plays all game anyway.

I agree, just go all out and start firing it down field. IF your gonna throw picks, at least attack the defense while doing it, stop being so scared to make mistakes. Get pissed, grab Crabtree by the face mask and cuss his ass off, if he messes up. Jump on A. Davis' ass is if he misses a block or starts piling on the penalties.

SHOW SOME DAMN FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jrg
  • Veteran
This week.

Alex Smith.

FTW.

GO 49ERS!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I agree, just go all out and start firing it down field. IF your gonna throw picks, at least attack the defense while doing it, stop being so scared to make mistakes. Get pissed, grab Crabtree by the face mask and cuss his ass off, if he messes up. Jump on A. Davis' ass is if he misses a block or starts piling on the penalties.

SHOW SOME DAMN FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we see "FIRE" out of Smith then Dec 24th 2012 is going to happen
Originally posted by Kolohe:

SHOW SO DAMN FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex throws picks on a simple 7 yd pass i can imagine the garbage i'll see if he decides to throw anything past 10 yds
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
This week.

Alex Smith.

FTW.

GO 49ERS!

This week.

Alice Smith

WGTTB

Go 49ERS!!!!
  • jrg