LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by kray28:
In Crabs defense, his one catch and run was a beauty. He effortlessly snatched the pass without breaking stride and then put together a nice sequence of moves to get a nice chunk of extra yardage. Smith just didn't throw his way that much.

He was thrown to two other times, one was a slip and a legit drop, the other time it was tipped and intercepted well before it could get to him.

wow if 22 didn't finally take him down that would've been x3 miss tackles on 1 play

crabs job is to be fully prepared on every play he's an option regardless if it's too high or too much velocity. if anything protect the damn ball. given his college history and draft status expectations are nothing less. he seems to have some kind of ego thing but if he can get his head into this team watch out.
Originally posted by craigyboy:
In Crabs defense, his one catch and run was a beauty. He effortlessly snatched the pass without breaking stride and then put together a nice sequence of moves to get a nice chunk of extra yardage. Smith just didn't throw his way that much.

He was thrown to two other times, one was a slip and a legit drop, the other time it was tipped and intercepted well before it could get to him.

wow if 22 didn't finally take him down that would've been x3 miss tackles on 1 play

crabs job is to be fully prepared on every play he's an option regardless if it's too high or too much velocity. if anything protect the damn ball. given his college history and draft status expectations are nothing less. he seems to have some kind of ego thing but if he can get his head into this team watch out.

kinda reminds you of the younger vernon davis a bit
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Alex Smith is not a WR friendly QB. He rarely likes to take shots down the field. Either he doesn't see them or he doesn't want to risk them or when he does, he is generally not accurate. He played great for 3 quarters on Monday, but you can't look at one game.

Crabtree played otustanding last year for hitting the field cold mid-season. I have faith in him that is based on past performance.

the offense itself is not WR friendly

Not entirely true, this offense calls for deep in routes and deep out routes. Those routes WRs rack up good yardage.

However you have to have accurate QB to make those throw.

ie. Troy Aikman, Philip Rivers

Wow... those are your examples? Rivers isn't even that great. Honestly, I'd take Smith over Rivers and his ugly sidearm toss.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Alex Smith is not a WR friendly QB. He rarely likes to take shots down the field. Either he doesn't see them or he doesn't want to risk them or when he does, he is generally not accurate. He played great for 3 quarters on Monday, but you can't look at one game.

Crabtree played otustanding last year for hitting the field cold mid-season. I have faith in him that is based on past performance.

Not entirely true, this offense calls for deep in routes and deep out routes. Those routes WRs rack up good yardage.

Wow... those are your examples? Rivers isn't even that great. Honestly, I'd take Smith over Rivers and his ugly sidearm toss.

Smith over Rivers?

ROFLMFAO
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Smith over Rivers?

ROFLMFAO

LOL, I don't know about all that. But I'll still take Crabs over DHB anyday. I don't even know why this is an argument, when all is said and done Crabs will be a pro-bowler, and DHB will just be an overpaid regular dude.
Crabs is in the same position VD was 2 years ago...needs to have Sigletary call him out and tell him he will be a bigger part of the O when he puts the team first.

BTW, what the f**k was Crabs trying to show the refs on that 2 point conversion play by VD on Monday.
6-pages?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Smith over Rivers?

ROFLMFAO

Can u find the little move he did to the refs after the VD 2 point conversion play too?
Originally posted by Sinsation:
yup, he needs to gain AS's trust again. Anyone notice that Morgan got 70+yds last game? its pretty obvious who Smith has confidence in...Davis, Gore, Morgan...

edit: it was 70 not 100, i musta misread the something...

maybe the Saints were playin crabs closer . Alex seems to try and force it to him sometimes.

Originally posted by jones49:
Can u find the little move he did to the refs after the VD 2 point conversion play too?

I would like to see that. I missed it during the game.
crabs is going to have to learn how to keep those arms in some during his breaks
Originally posted by Allx9er:
crabs is going to have to learn how to keep those arms in some during his breaks

he tightened up whem the saintsplayer was getting close
I
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I think he is taking about the good ok irving push off
Originally posted by redmanc07:
I
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I think he is taking about the good ok irving push off

ohok ya i saw that he has to watch that too
Share 49ersWebzone