Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
It's okay, Crabs gave DHB a headstart last year too. How did that work out for him?

But DHB has already put together a better season through two weeks than he did all of last season. If you've read about him, you've heard that he has been working very hard at improving his hands and route running. Obviously that work is paying off.

He put together one decent game against a the worst team in football. Week one he looked like the same old DHB.

DHB has improved a lot. Give him credit.

Give him credit for finally having one decent game? He's the third best WR on THE RAIDERS. I don't see what credit he deserves.

He used to be the 45th best at catching passes on the Raiders. Now he is up in the top 20. In all seriousness he sounds like he has worked his tail off and improved a lot. I did not say he was going to be All-Pro. In fact, if you read carefully, I was actually cautioning against saying that DHB is better than Crabs. You are arguing with the wrong person.

But the only evidence that he's any better is one OK game against the Rams. Against the Titans he looked like the same old DHB. This whole conversation is retarded.
Originally posted by WkendWarrior:
this is pointless unless your a raiders fan because if the raiders would have taken crabtree we would not have taken DBH because he was not ranked that high on our draft.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Alex Smith is not a WR friendly QB. He rarely likes to take shots down the field. Either he doesn't see them or he doesn't want to risk them or when he does, he is generally not accurate. He played great for 3 quarters on Monday, but you can't look at one game.

Crabtree played otustanding last year for hitting the field cold mid-season. I have faith in him that is based on past performance.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Alex Smith is not a WR friendly QB. He rarely likes to take shots down the field. Either he doesn't see them or he doesn't want to risk them or when he does, he is generally not accurate. He played great for 3 quarters on Monday, but you can't look at one game.

Crabtree played otustanding last year for hitting the field cold mid-season. I have faith in him that is based on past performance.

the offense itself is not WR friendly

...and who was the QB last year when Crabtree played outstanding?
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Not entirely true, this offense calls for deep in routes and deep out routes. Those routes WRs rack up good yardage.

However you have to have accurate QB to make those throw.

ie. Troy Aikman, Philip Rivers
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Yea...Crabs is killin me on my Fantasy

and right now im happy he got stolen from me a few picks ahead of mine
Originally posted by susweel:

Not entirely true, this offense calls for deep in routes and deep out routes. Those routes WRs rack up good yardage.

but, but, he's a captain....
Originally posted by fly15:

and he played and led the team like a captain should on MNF
I'm inclined to believe Tree is gonna be just fine...he's talented, got great hands and can get separation I do think he needs to realize this is not Texas tech he's not a hero here and has learn and earn his position.. Singletary lets him get away with too much and Now Sing has to pull him in and pull a Vernon Davis on him and make him grow up....This is the NFL you wanna be great gotta practice great ala Jerry Rice !!! Time will tell what he's made of ...
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by fly15:

and he played and led the team like a captain should on MNF

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

...and who was the QB last year when Crabtree played outstanding?

ouch.

-9fA
The real question is how does Crabs stack up to Dez Bryant? Granted, Bryant has Romo, but he looks pretty good.....

why don't you go take a look at how many 1,000 yard recievers Jimmy Rayes offense has produced.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/More-on-Crabtree-and-49ers.html

"As Sando and Biggs pointed out, in Raye’s 12 previous seasons as an offensive coordinator, only twice has a wide receiver reached 1,000 yards, and only twice has a wide receiver had more than 64 receptions. To put that in perspective, 22 receivers had more than 1,000 yards last season and 30 had more than 64 receptions."

Wow thats a real friendly WR offense...

why don't you go take a look at how many 1,000 yard recievers Jimmy Rayes offense has produced.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/More-on-Crabtree-and-49ers.html

"As Sando and Biggs pointed out, in Raye’s 12 previous seasons as an offensive coordinator, only twice has a wide receiver reached 1,000 yards, and only twice has a wide receiver had more than 64 receptions. To put that in perspective, 22 receivers had more than 1,000 yards last season and 30 had more than 64 receptions."

Wow thats a real friendly WR offense...

Exactly.

It is very TE friendly, though. If Vernon's 13 TD's last season isn't enough to prove it, just ask Tony G.