LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
It's okay, Crabs gave DHB a headstart last year too. How did that work out for him?

But DHB has already put together a better season through two weeks than he did all of last season. If you've read about him, you've heard that he has been working very hard at improving his hands and route running. Obviously that work is paying off.

like my boss says, "s**t IN s**t OUT"

crabtree didn't do much to improve his game in the offseason (neck stinger my ass). it's been well reported that DHB put in work and we will all see it pay off.

by the time the raiders an. niners meet, DHB will have the better stats. and he will most likely outplay crabs head to head as well. but the difference in game stats and season stats won't be that far off from one another.

I base this all off of work and work ethic.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
DHB is a non-factor, but what the original post mentioned about Nicks is true. That's who we should be comparing Crab's too. Forget the draft and all that, I want to compare our top receiver pick with those of other PRODUCTIVE receiver picks from the same draft class. DHB wouldn't have even made our squad or P-squad!

Had we spent a 1st round pick on him, yes he would have.
Originally posted by valrod33:
You have the thing for Raiders players, dont you Kilgore

Only some of their interesting story-lines. And I follow all NFL teams. But in this case, the DHB vs Crabtree comparison seems worth following.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Crabtree's in his 3rd season will be a pro-bowler!

So are you chalking this season up to the sophomore slump already?

Hopefully not, but considering that he could've done more in the off-season (and questions about his work-ethic from a team standpoint), I am still expecting him to put up decent numbers like perhaps 70catches, 800yds, 7tds?! Plus I still think this offense is the VD & Gore Show.

So I'm keeping my expectations low THIS season. But next year, they crank that crabtree!!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
In Crabs defense, his one catch and run was a beauty. He effortlessly snatched the pass without breaking stride and then put together a nice sequence of moves to get a nice chunk of extra yardage. Smith just didn't throw his way that much.

He was thrown to two other times, one was a slip and a legit drop, the other time it was tipped and intercepted well before it could get to him.
We are 2 games in to the season, its a little too early to be debating who is better, IMO.

this year yes Crabtree only has 3 catches but its not like Heyward-Bey is tearing it up out there with his 7 catches

I like the idea of keeping track of their stats throughout the season
Originally posted by kray28:
In Crabs defense, his one catch and run was a beauty. He effortlessly snatched the pass without breaking stride and then put together a nice sequence of moves to get a nice chunk of extra yardage. Smith just didn't throw his way that much.

He was thrown to two other times, one was a slip and a legit drop, the other time it was tipped and intercepted well before it could get to him.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
It's okay, Crabs gave DHB a headstart last year too. How did that work out for him?

But DHB has already put together a better season through two weeks than he did all of last season. If you've read about him, you've heard that he has been working very hard at improving his hands and route running. Obviously that work is paying off.

I've also read that he would disappear for stretches during TC and required 4 days off for fatigue during TC.

That doesn't seem like much of a knock on DHB in comparison with Crabtree.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
DHB is a non-factor, but what the original post mentioned about Nicks is true. That's who we should be comparing Crab's too. Forget the draft and all that, I want to compare our top receiver pick with those of other PRODUCTIVE receiver picks from the same draft class. DHB wouldn't have even made our squad or P-squad!

Had we spent a 1st round pick on him, yes he would have.

POINT IS WE WOULDN'T HAVE! UH SARCASM...

That play was awesome. It isn't that I doubt Crabtree's ability or that he is the more talented receiver, I simply question his passion and commitment.

That play was awesome. It isn't that I doubt Crabtree's ability or that he is the more talented receiver, I simply question his passion and commitment.

Did you see Crabtree during MNF, He was constantly making blocks for the other WRs when they got the ball, he made a nice block on a Morgan reception for 15 yards. Every time the other guys made plays he was cheering and clapping his hands for them. He seemed passionate to me and this is when he was getting the ball.

Diva WRs would be throwing fits and pouting, I didnt see that at all from Crabtree

I think its unfair to question his commitment and passion 2 games into the season. I may be wrong but werent there reports of Crabtree and Alex working together on their own this offseason? That shows commitment

Did you see Crabtree during MNF, He was constantly making blocks for the other WRs when they got the ball, he made a nice block on a Morgan reception for 15 yards. Every time the other guys made plays he was cheering and clapping his hands for them. He seemed passionate to me and this is when he was getting the ball.

Diva WRs would be throwing fits and pouting, I didnt see that at all from Crabtree

I think its unfair to question his commitment and passion 2 games into the season. I may be wrong but werent there reports of Crabtree and Alex working together on their own this offseason? That shows commitment

There were. But there was also him getting chewed by Davis. That means he isn't always going 100%. And when he avoided contact and setup Seattle's go ahead TD in Week 1, he wasn't going 100% there either. He can step his game way up. Crabtree could easily be a 100 yard per game receiver. I want to see that sooner than later.

It is two games into the season. I shudder to think how he would do in Indianapolis. As far as his work ethic, what do we really know? What if his neck really was injured? He looks like he is in great shape and has skills. Clearly he would have benefitted from playing and practicing more in the preseason. His moves are incredibly quick, but he is not a burner-- so he needs to have good timing with his QB or the DBs can close the gap he creates. Can you imagine this guy in the old WCO? He would have been perfect.

damn look at the separation he makes with that first move, wow
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by sean610:
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Yea...Crabs is killin me on my Fantasy

You aint ever lie tell me about it...

this gave me a headache

For REAL..he is killing me to. I told myself not to pick up any 49ers because I get to involved but Crabs is on my squad and so is Frank Gore...

He put together one decent game against a the worst team in football. Week one he looked like the same old DHB.
Share 49ersWebzone