LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ajanke:
we dont even throw him his usual 3-4 screen passes like we did last year. weird

I'm glad that we don't throw those screens anymore. We never got anything out of them. Those screens were as useful has his taser plays.

-9fA
Well Delanie did pretty good on that screen against the Saints
  • titan
  • Veteran
DHB looks like a completely different receiver this year and Crabs look like a different receiver from when he was in college. DHB appears to be evolving and adapting in the pros a lot better. The last report I heard on DHB was he worked his @$$ of during the summer. I didn't hear much about Crabtree except he is not playing in the pre season.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
U are over reacting. Crabs is hands down the best player. Raiders would swap them in a second.

ha ha. How is the OP over reacting?, sounds to me like he is interested in determining the best WR out of that draft and has not already concluded such. You sound like you have already concluded Crabtrees greatness.
Maclin is looking like a better WR than Crabtree also. But what do Harvin, Maclin, DHB, and Hakeem all have in common? Speed. which Crabtree doesn't have. And from what I've read all those guys worked hard in the off season while Crabtree had to be scolded by VD for chilling instead of working hard. and he is currently beign outplayed by Josh Morgan. He needs to step it up.
As I have said before and repeatedly got bashed for doing so, Crabs is better than DHB, but no way is he worth the 10th overall pick, especially in that year.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
But how Crab going to gain yards if the ball is barely thrown his way, yes he dropped some passes but he's not the main target.. YET

When you cost your team the game with crucial drops, which he did in Week 1, your QB will lose faith in you. He can still redeem himself, he has 14 Weeks to do so in this season... and hopefully a few playoff games as well.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
2009 Stats:

Michael Crabtree - 48 receptions, 625 yards (long 50), 2 TDs, 1 FL
Darrius Heyward-Bey - 9 receptions, 124 yards (long 24), 1 TD, 0 FL

2010 Stats:

Michael Crabtree - 3 receptions, 44 yards (long 32), 0 TDs, 0 FL
Darrius Heyward-Bey - 7 receptions, 91 yards (long 33), 0 TDs, 0 FL

I'll keep this thread updated throughout the season. Crabtree laughed last year at the draft when DHB was taken before him, now it is time for him to back it up. I hope he doesn't think his 48 catch rookie campaign was enough to make him a proven commodity. So far Hakeem Nicks of the Giants is making Crabtree look like more of a mistake by the 49ers than Crabtree is making Heyward-Bey look like a mistake by the Raiders.

DHB had one decent, not good, game in his entire career (a game against the Rams no less). A career that happens to be almost twice as many games as Crabtree has played.

Through two games this year Crabtree has played two BAD games and DHB still only has 40-something more yards. This makes it a conversation somehow?
Originally posted by WkendWarrior:
this is pointless unless your a raiders fan because if the raiders would have taken crabtree we would not have taken DBH because he was not ranked that high on our draft.

No kidding, we would have taken a stud like Orakpo or Oher, the two guys I wanted. But I'm not going to lie, when Crabtree fell to us I was happy. But after the holdout, I looked at him differently. Then when he produced, I half-way forgave him. But after Week 1, he is back in my doghouse as a fan.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
It's okay, Crabs gave DHB a headstart last year too. How did that work out for him?

But DHB has already put together a better season through two weeks than he did all of last season. If you've read about him, you've heard that he has been working very hard at improving his hands and route running. Obviously that work is paying off.

You have the thing for Raiders players, dont you Kilgore
Crabtree's in his 3rd season will be a pro-bowler!
Originally posted by valrod33:
You have the thing for Raiders players, dont you Kilgore

Only some of their interesting story-lines. And I follow all NFL teams. But in this case, the DHB vs Crabtree comparison seems worth following.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Crabtree's in his 3rd season will be a pro-bowler!

So are you chalking this season up to the sophomore slump already?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by TheNef77:
It's okay, Crabs gave DHB a headstart last year too. How did that work out for him?

But DHB has already put together a better season through two weeks than he did all of last season. If you've read about him, you've heard that he has been working very hard at improving his hands and route running. Obviously that work is paying off.

I've also read that he would disappear for stretches during TC and required 4 days off for fatigue during TC.
DHB is a non-factor, but what the original post mentioned about Nicks is true. That's who we should be comparing Crab's too. Forget the draft and all that, I want to compare our top receiver pick with those of other PRODUCTIVE receiver picks from the same draft class. DHB wouldn't have even made our squad or P-squad!
Share 49ersWebzone