LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Crabtree vs. DHB 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Crabtree vs DHB, people. Get back to it.

I suppose that conversation is tired for the moment. As for Crabtree, I hope he can turn it on and end up with a 1,000 yard season. That would be awesome!
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Some of you are overrating Eli Manning a little bit. Hes an average QB but he is surrounded with talent on his team and a great OL. I think hed be as productive as Alex Smith if he was on this team. Maybe even worse cause hes so used to having a great OL.

Eli Manning with a great OL (this year)
246.5 yards / game 10 TDs 8 INTs 4 fumbles (12 turnovers)

Alex Smith with the worst OL and coaching staff in the NFL
237.6 yards / game 8 TDs 9 INTs 3 Fumbles (12 turnovers)

Eli Manning is barely more productive than Alex Smith.
If Eli Manning was on this team he'd probably put up the same numbers as Alex.

yet I guarantee you all of the haters would rather have Eli than Alex Smith

I'll take Eli anytime over the robot

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Crabtree should get a ton of looks per game. he has made mistakes but he is a dynamic player. smith was throwing pics long before crabtree got there. dhb comparison is a joke. comparing crabtree to nicks is crazy as well. nicks has eli manning throwing to him. we have soon to be cut alex smith.

Yeah Smith was throwing Picks before Tree got to this team. But the Picks he threw were mostly tip ups.

Four Passes to Tree wound up in the hands of the other guys BECAUSE of Tree. Not in spite of Tree. You fall to the turf once in a game fine sh!t happens. Tree didn't adjust for the surface and it cost Smith. Not once but twice. Then Tree also had the ball hit him in the Pads cause he took his eyes away before he looked it in. And instead of cutting his route off on the break he went to the sideline and Smith threw on the timed route only no Receiver was there and it looks like Smith is the incompetent Player.

I agree that we should throw to him more but in this case you cannot blame Smith a guy who's 9er career hinges on a good Season for not throwing Tree's direction. If I'm the QB Tree would not have been on the field for a few games until we worked out the chemistry issue that followed us from the Preseason into the Regular Season. Especially after that abysmal Home Performance.

You want to see Trust issues happen, it happens after games like the 1st three.

~Ceadder

Can't blame all those on Crabtree, Smith is throwing absolute bullets when Crabtree is 4 yards away from him. No receiver is gonna catch those.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Crabtree should get a ton of looks per game. he has made mistakes but he is a dynamic player. smith was throwing pics long before crabtree got there. dhb comparison is a joke. comparing crabtree to nicks is crazy as well. nicks has eli manning throwing to him. we have soon to be cut alex smith.

Yeah Smith was throwing Picks before Tree got to this team. But the Picks he threw were mostly tip ups.

Four Passes to Tree wound up in the hands of the other guys BECAUSE of Tree. Not in spite of Tree. You fall to the turf once in a game fine sh!t happens. Tree didn't adjust for the surface and it cost Smith. Not once but twice. Then Tree also had the ball hit him in the Pads cause he took his eyes away before he looked it in. And instead of cutting his route off on the break he went to the sideline and Smith threw on the timed route only no Receiver was there and it looks like Smith is the incompetent Player.

I agree that we should throw to him more but in this case you cannot blame Smith a guy who's 9er career hinges on a good Season for not throwing Tree's direction. If I'm the QB Tree would not have been on the field for a few games until we worked out the chemistry issue that followed us from the Preseason into the Regular Season. Especially after that abysmal Home Performance.

~Ceadder

Can't blame all those on Crabtree, Smith is throwing absolute bullets when Crabtree is 4 yards away from him. No receiver is gonna catch those.

The short pass against the Seahawks had touch on it and was a very easy catch for a first down. Come on man!
  • fly15
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

and then Alex gets upset at his receivers for not catching the football, one of this days he's gonna get after Crabtree and crabs is gonna let him have it
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

~Ceadder

The short pass against the Seahawks had touch on it and was a very easy catch for a first down. Come on man!

Hes always throwing bullet passes. He has not touch on his passes.
yes you can blame tree it him him in the hands ...he is a pro ...dudes used to say catching elway passes were hard cuz he always rocked the ball....that pass from smith hit him in the hands went though them and hit him in the head and bounces up! Its not like alex is know for having a rocket arm! you catch that ball! that is 100% on tree
  • fly15
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

how do you know dude??? it seems to me that you were right next to crabs

~Ceadder

I was at the game and I've seen the highlight 100 times since. Go watch it on youtube!
Originally posted by SY9er8:
yes you can blame tree it him him in the hands ...he is a pro ...dudes used to say catching elway passes were hard cuz he always rocked the ball....that pass from smith hit him in the hands went though them and hit him in the head and bounces up! Its not like alex is know for having a rocket arm! you catch that ball! that is 100% on tree

If you're a pro and it hits you right in the hands you catch it, period. You're right,that was 100% on Crabtree.

~Ceadder

I was at the game and I've seen the highlight 100 times since. Go watch it on youtube!

Who cares, Alex sucks!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Elway?? I thought he was retired.

At Tech, crabs used to have a real qb...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

and then Alex gets upset at his receivers for not catching the football, one of this days he's gonna get after Crabtree and crabs is gonna let him have it

Heres how that exchange goes:

Crabtree: WTF Alex, this is the 10th time this season you've done this, you don't need to throw a speeding bullet when im 4 yards away from you, you suck!

Smith: Uh yeah, well uhmm, yeah, shut up Michael!

..............thank you raiders.

Elway?? I thought he was retired.

At Tech, crabs used to have a real qb...

What NFL team is Grahm playing for now?
Share 49ersWebzone