LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Gore's legs VS. Jimmy Raye's game plan.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we are able to run and be successful that makes Alex Smiths job a lot easier.

Give Frank the rock

• Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
As we all know, we're a "run first" team. Yesterday's game is proof to those in charge that we can run the ball so long we "execute." So, how will the coaching staff respond verses K.C.? Do more of the same? If so, how do you feel about that?

After watching the Seahawks and New Orleans games, it looked like basically one big problem that we managed to solve. In the hawks game, the whole team played impatiently. Gore hit holes that didn't exist. The defense jumped routs that they shouldn't have. Smith had to rush in all the plays hurrying everyone up on offense and then the defense gambled to try and get momentum.

With the Saints, we looked great and the only thing that really changed was Smith getting the plays in and being able to make changes at the line. Everyone on offense slowed down, got in a good rhythm and the defense didn't have to save the day. I don't think Jimmy Raye went from being an offensive idiot in one game to an idiot savante in the next. It was all about having time for getting set and making changes at the line.

Also, I think our team feels the pressure and play better against teams that they're supposed to lose to and try too hard to make plays when they should just take what's given. In other words, we have to stop getting stood up for an extra yard and having the ball stripped.

I think we'll do the same thing as in the Saints game, moving the ball well. It will take a few wins in a row before we stop turning the ball over as much though. I think Gore and Walker dropping the ball in bad places is the only way we lose. To me, Alex actually looks like a guy that can protect the ball. (Now watch him prove me wrong)
Share 49ersWebzone