There are 250 users in the forums

What happened to the two halfback set?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm confused on why we don't get Westbrook and Gore on the field together? The two of them coming out the backfield would create huge mismatches but in two weeks they still havent found a way to get them on the field together!? If westbrook is even 3/4 the player he was in philly we need to utilize him, he's more than a backup he should be involved more in the offense.
simple, raye doesnt know what to do
they were on the field together for one play
Raye is a power running OC. He's old and senile, how do you expect him to change his ways?
No idea... Raye better figure out a way to get Westbrook and Gore on the field at the same time. Either way it better not be the wild cat. Put that play in the garbage. Like I said in another post if he can't figure it out he can call somebody or put a put a post on one of the 9ers message boards we can help. Here let me put up a list for Raye in case he leaves twitter to check this or in case someone does.

1. 20/21 both line up in back field...motion one into WR slot... run a draw or pass
2. 20/21 both line up in back field...motion both into WR slot...2 extra WRs
3. 20/21 both line up in back field... fake pitch to one, toss to other (or don't fake)
4. 20/21 both line up in back field... both run out in flats and hit one on swing pass
5. 20/21 both line up in back field...one as fullback..1 takes off up middle on fake and toss the ball to the other on the outside

I will see if I can come up with more later.. you guys got any?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
No idea... Raye better figure out a way to get Westbrook and Gore on the field at the same time. Either way it better not be the wild cat. Put that play in the garbage. Like I said in another post if he can't figure it out he can call somebody or put a put a post on one of the 9ers message boards we can help. Here let me put up a list for Raye in case he leaves twitter to check this or in case someone does.

1. 20/21 both line up in back field...motion one into WR slot... run a draw or pass
3. 20/21 both line up in back field... fake pitch to one, toss to other (or don't fake)
4. 20/21 both line up in back field... both run out in flats and hit one on swing pass
5. 20/21 both line up in back field...one as fullback..1 takes off up middle on fake and toss the ball to the other on the outside

How about split 11 out wide and direct snap to 20!!!!??

err........wait.......they did that. AND IT SUCKED. That's about all you can expect from Raye. He seems to think that Westbrook is a back-up nothing more. We would like to see him more as a "role player" that gets 5-10 snaps a game. I doubt it will ever happen.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
simple, raye doesnt know what to do
any OC worth his weight in salt would know that with 2 running backs of Gore/Westbrooks potential on the field at the same time give you the opportunity for some BIG plays.

Raye is garbage
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Westbrook looked like the new M-Rob
Was I that drunk that I didn't even notice Westbrook on the field

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Guys, Westbrook started the season with an injury and probably hasn't even learned the playbook yet.

Patience.
I like to see westbrook but they should give dixon some shares he has proven he can run the ball
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Guys, Westbrook started the season with an injury and probably hasn't even learned the playbook yet.

Patience.

I hope your right man....you will learn in short time though the zone has no patience
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Patience.

This. And we acquired Westbrook toward the end of training camp, so Jimmy Raye has no idea how to use him.

Shoot, Mike Martz had Gore for an entire offseason and didn't use him to his full potential. Don't be surprised if Westbrook is underused. He's mostly just gonna be a spell here and there. I'd be pleasantly shocked if Raye turns the Gore/Westbrook tandem into the creative two-headed pass-catching, versatile runningback tandem that we all WISH would happen.

If we keep Westbrook until next season, which I doubt, THAT is when that dream scenario would happen.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

How about split 11 out wide and direct snap to 20!!!!??

err........wait.......they did that. AND IT SUCKED. That's about all you can expect from Raye. He seems to think that Westbrook is a back-up nothing more. We would like to see him more as a "role player" that gets 5-10 snaps a game. I doubt it will ever happen.

But its pretty much a home run every time on madden.
Share 49ersWebzone