There are 180 users in the forums

I know it's early but... Offense/Defense Rankings after week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Avoid these sloppy turnovers we've been plagued with in the first couple games and we're 2-0. We'll get this right, 0-2 is depressing to start the year but we've clearly got the talent to win the West and I still think we will.
any other team with that ranking would be 2-0
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nice.

Unfortunately, we are among the league's worst in turnover ratio: -5.

Which we will correct. And when we correct that problem, we will stop losing games. This team is going places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Nice.

we have to start generating turnovers.......we had an impressive ratio last year.

Yeah, that was when we had Dre Bly. Notice how we cut ties with Bly, no more turnovers?
Nice.

Yep, right there is the main reason we aren't 1-1 or 2-0.
  • 9r4lf
Nice.

Perfect point.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
yeah, we were talking about this a bit in the "how high will our offense rank" thread. Even without reading too much into it, I think its a really good sign. If we can get things clicking, we're gonna make some b***hes eat our s**t.

Rankings mean nothing. They need to clean up the mistakes, plain and simple. Stop turning the dang ball over and we should be fine.

i agree with everything you said.

I agreed with everything except 'rankings mean nothing', 'plain', 'simple' , 'and we should be fine.'
The 3rd down % on both sides of the ball needs to improve but most of the stats are pretty meaningless right now
Originally posted by ramanz16:
Avoid these sloppy turnovers we've been plagued with in the first couple games and we're 2-0. We'll get this right, 0-2 is depressing to start the year but we've clearly got the talent to win the West and I still think we will.

this
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I checked the stats on the Saints defense last year for some perspective on our offensive production last night. Saints were 20th against the run, 26th against the pass, 25th overall. Super Bowl champs despite a very weak defense. Our defense is the real deal. Offense...cautious optimism.

vikings scored 9 points against them.

Brett Favre: enough said.

The Saints Defense is over aggressive and gambles with a lot of blitzes.

Saints, this year and last, are winning the TO battle. That's one of the nice thing's about being confident you will win that battle...you get to gamble to your hearts desire. You get to go into a game knowing you may lose some, but you are going to win more. It's essentially how they won the big show last year, how they won against us, and (I have not checked) I would venture to say how they won on the Vikes too.

Lesson to learn: All roads lead back to the TO battle.

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 22, 2010 at 11:08:18 ]

Surprised actually
Originally posted by Psinex:
Nice.

we have to start generating turnovers.......we had an impressive ratio last year.

Yeah, that was when we had Dre Bly. Notice how we cut ties with Bly, no more turnovers?

Bly will intercept the pass, showboat, and then lose the ball on a fumble.

Doesn't exactly equate getting more turnovers, does it?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Nice.

Bly will intercept the pass, showboat, and then lose the ball on a fumble.

Doesn't exactly equate getting more turnovers, does it?

that was just 1 mistake other than that he played very good and shut down his WR for most of the game he is the best #3 CB i the nfl
Share 49ersWebzone