LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

I think "is Chilo a bust" is the wrong focus. Question should be what needs to be done, coaching wise to bring him around. There are only so many things,and they are:

Technique: Is his footwork proper, does he get off on the snap of the ball, is he strong enough, is his hand work good enough...to list a few.

Recognition: Can he recognize a cross rush coming, can he recognize a blitz pak, and does he know who to block in either case?

Attitude: Does he want it? and if so, does he want it bad enough.

Coachability: Can he be coached up. Does he want to be. Is he smart enough , mature enough to understand how to play his position?

The problem lies somewhere within the above, and like it or not, we have to coach up rachal. He's our guy when snyder goes down. Maybe he could play another position better, but i doubt it. So Coach H has to work with him personally, but then we find out that the attitude is bad, or the kid can't learn or, he isn't athletic enough to learn great footwork as well as hand work. This is a Coach Harbaugh problem, at least for this yr. Will he be able to get thru to Rachal, teach him fundamentals, can Rachal learn to recognize blocking stunts and blitzes, and finally , does he care. If anyone can fix this glaring problem, my money would be on Coach H. We still have Pitts before the playoffs, plus a game in SEA. If coach can rectify the situation, is that enough time...and is it doable. If doable, I say Coach H can do it. After the pasting our OL took in Balt, Coach has a lot of work ahead of him.

Still the one puzzling thing is why, when it was obvious 4 offensive plays into the game, didn't Jh go for quick short passes that would have ultimately made the Balt D, front 7 or 9, back off. Also, equally puzzling, is why when our 2 min drill had Ravens on their heels, did we not go back to no huddle/ 2min drill for remainder of game. Those are thots JH has to be wrestling with.
this guy is just a joke! I think hes just collecting a pay check. The guy looks totally clueless when hes on the field. This guy was playing in both of our losses this year, and coincidentally, we have given up the most sacks in those two games. He SUCKS!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GET HEALTHY SNYDER!!!!! And if Snyder is not ready to go, please activate killgore!
Bust is being too kind.
bust? more like does chilo deserve to be called a football player?
Chilo made it easy to stick with Snyder the rest of this season.
Taylor Mays his ass next year. How is he still on the team?
Originally posted by tankle104:

This. End thread!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
you saw the difference with this guy in the game...hes just not good. When he starts bad things happens to the line
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

He would make a great Matador
Originally posted by CrunchE:
Taylor Mays his ass next year. How is he still on the team?

Except we'd be the one giving up drft picks for another team to take him.

Pasodoc has the correct idea that the 9ers need to find out if he is coachable, capable and with a good attitude...and Harbaugh has supported Rachal saying he will be a very good player. I really don't care how he did against the Ravens as no OLineman looked good. It was hard to believe that they could not stop a three man rush! Just pathetic, but some analysts have said the OLine suffers more from lack of prep than any other unit...especially against a blitz happy D like the Ravens.

It was frustrating that SF could not get to Flacco with four guys but Smith was hammered by three guys. Is their line that much better? I would think not, but...?
Originally posted by jimrat201:

He would make a great Matador

More of a Mall santa
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Pasodoc has the correct idea that the 9ers need to find out if he is coachable, capable and with a good attitude...and Harbaugh has supported Rachal saying he will be a very good player. I really don't care how he did against the Ravens as no OLineman looked good. It was hard to believe that they could not stop a three man rush! Just pathetic, but some analysts have said the OLine suffers more from lack of prep than any other unit...especially against a blitz happy D like the Ravens.

It was frustrating that SF could not get to Flacco with four guys but Smith was hammered by three guys. Is their line that much better? I would think not, but...?
Chilo in we look like crap
Snyder in we look decent
Chilo back in we look like crap

lowest common denominator
is this even a debate? dude is horrific.
This thread is too early man... Yea our line looked like horrible after baltimore, but you have 2 give chilo more of a chance. Jim is going with him right now cause snyder maybe out. Have to have confidence in it. I didn't like the idea of Alex Smith being our #1 qb at the beginning of the year, but things change...Give him a better chance before throwing him out to the lions.
Share 49ersWebzone