LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Chilo Rachal a bust?

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Dude gets beat at the snap, gets bullrushed into the backfield, misses defenders on run blocks.................how in the hell is this guy still on the team
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Dude gets beat at the snap, gets bullrushed into the backfield, misses defenders on run blocks.................how in the hell is this guy still on the team

he has to be suckin someone's dick to be getting this much blind praise.
It wasn't all his fault. Trust me, others stunk it up too.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

No doubt. It takes a team effort to allow 9 sacks. Davis got owned by suggs consistently, gore missed several blitz pickups, and I'm not sure who on the left kept getting beat by ngata(iupati or staley?) but that was an issue area too. Harbaugh also said alex took too long to get the ball out on several occasions too. So he factors in as well.

But chilo was clearly confused on some of the pickups and looked downright horrible. The chop block adds to the list even though some blame the refs there, as harbaugh said chilo had "fingerprints" on the guys back lol.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 25, 2011 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
With Harbaugh benching Chilo previously throughout the entire season (for sucking horribly), and now Rachal blowing his big shot on primetime television, no doubt in my f**king mind Kilgore just earned himself a promotion.

Read the Harbaugh quotes from the story on the front page. They think Chilo will do a good job and will be sticking with him. He must be all-world against the scout team.

Either that, or I Harbaugh is just not completely sold on Kilgore just yet.
Do you think some players lost their footing throughout the game? I know there were clear slips by Gore, and then when he went to make his cuts, he stumbled on some of them.
Originally posted by mike:
No doubt. It takes a team effort to allow 9 sacks. Davis got owned by suggs consistently, gore missed several blitz pickups, and I'm not sure who on the left kept getting beat by ngata(iupati or staley?) but that was an issue area too. Harbaugh also said alex took too long to get the ball out on several occasions too. So he factors in as well.

But chilo was clearly confused on some of the pickups and looked downright horrible. The chop block adds to the list even though some blame the refs there, as harbaugh said chilo had "fingerprints" on the guys back lol.

Now that I think about it. That's all we have been getting from his blocking for years.

Yeah, still hate'n on Chilo
Let's face facts, folks. While the 49ers o-line had rebounded from its early season struggles, it backslid back into the same bad habits like nobody's business Thursday. The Giants have some pretty good pass rushers too, but they didn't attack Alex Smith like a pack of wild dogs the way Baltimore did.

If the Niners coaching staff would have had a full off season to properly evaluate Chilo Rachal they would have seen this guy just doesn't have it to play on the next level. He's soft. He's not tough or strong at the point of attack. Can't handle speed rushers, bull rushers or stunts. He's a hot mess and all he is a turnstile.

He's got another five games in the crimson and gold and this time next year he's either wearing another team's uniform or pounding down bags of chips every Sunday on his couch.

Adam Snyder has 10 days to heal up. Let's hope we never see #62 on the field this season.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Now that I think about it. That's all we have been getting from his blocking for years.

Yeah, still hate'n on Chilo

Rather try kwame at guard than Chilo at this point. Even though he has not played in years.

None of the pressure or sacks from Ngata came from the left side of the line, it was all on the right side and against Snyder and Rachal. Iupati held his ground against one of the most deadliest and strong defensive line in the NFL. As a matter of fact Iupati put both of their DTs in check the whole night lastnite. Its the right side of the line that stinks soo bad. Even A.Davis struggles and got beaten multiple times by Suggs. Joe Staley struggles and got beaten too but it wasn't as much as A.Davis. Goodwin did alrite but he wasn't picking up the blitzes in the middle. Rachal needs to go....the dude sucks big time. We need to draft another Iupati like player for the right guard position..

Stop it.

Everyone blew it against Baltimore, but this thread is about Chilo Rachal, not everyone else. The fact remains he stunk it up badly, but we're judging his entire body of work - not just this game - and he's been atrocious. He is a terrible player regardless of who's playing beside him.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Tony Razzano on twitter was saying the Chilo was not the problem the we should blame the inconsistent Anthony Davis more. I believe Anthony Davis has played alot better since Snyder had been inserted into the line up.
I'm not ready to give up on Chilo but he wasn't ready to play this past game. That bothers me a lot. I'm hoping kilgore gets ahead of him on the depth chart.
Is Chilo Rachal a bust? Does a bear sh*t in the woods?
Share 49ersWebzone