LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

The Best News I've Heard Today RE: Norris and Byham

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
been very impressed with Byham so far. Expected him to be a decent blocker, but he's been better than advertised, IMO. And his catching ability is WAY more than I expected. It would be great to see him get an expanded role as the season goes on.

This draft keeps getting better.

seriously. usually it seems like when you keep everyone you drafted, your team is lacking talent. But this year it just seems like our picks were just truly very talented. Every single one of 'em seems like he's got a bright future.
Norris should of retired 2 yrs ago
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I thought I noticed him lining up at FB last night. That picture is funny.
3 weeks into the season and we are making changes, i like it. We arent sitting on our ass as usual
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
been very impressed with Byham so far. Expected him to be a decent blocker, but he's been better than advertised, IMO. And his catching ability is WAY more than I expected. It would be great to see him get an expanded role as the season goes on.

This draft keeps getting better.

What would make this Draft complete. is TMays inserted. MLewis is doing NOTHING!!
are we the only team that can be considered a legit passing threat in a 3TE set?? lol
Byham had a very nice seal block on Dixon's TD. Byham blocked down and walled off the LB and Iupati pulled to trap the end and Dixon followed Norris.

The Rooks were on full display and it was as well blocked a play as you'll see.

• Antix
  • Veteran
This would be AWESOME.

Byham can actually catch passes and would give us much more flexibility. I like Byham a lot so far.
Thank god. If I see Norris touch the ball one more time this year I'm gonna puke.

Thats good. Byham is 6-4 so they could do that pass to norris like they did in seattle but to byham coming out of the backfield. Mayby he can handle a high pass? Norris it says is 6-1 so i dont know how much 3 inches makes a difference. Im not sure where to look up arm length and jumping height.
Don't overlook a key component that may be affected with this decision to possibly replace Norris: Frank Gore.

At this point, I'm sure if Frank says jump, Raye and Singletary jump.
I was happy to get Norris back from the Lions, now I'll be just as happy to see him leave.
I'm sick of seeing Moron Norris in a 49ers uniform.
Byham would have caught the TD against Seattle, and we'd be 1-1, maybe even 2-0. I say 2-0 because I'm sure the Seattle loss weighed on the 49ers heading into the MNF game.
Share 49ersWebzone