LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 309 users in the forums

False Start on Saints FG attempt 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Correct me if I'm wrong here because I dont know when/if they changed the rule - When the saints commited the false start on their first field goal attempt there at the end, shouldn't there have been a 10 second runoff on the game clock, therefore sending the game into OT?? Need clarification on this one
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by d49izme:
Correct me if I'm wrong here because I dont know when/if they changed the rule - When the saints commited the false start on their first field goal attempt there at the end, shouldn't there have been a 10 second runoff on the game clock, therefore sending the game into OT?? Need clarification on this one

no. they were coming off of a timeout so the clock was stopped. that rule is in effect when the clock is running.
but did we or did we not get a finger on that final field goal? I am still uncertain on this
hit the side of McDonalds wrist. His arm moves slightly left, it's a full on block!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by danimal:
but did we or did we not get a finger on that final field goal? I am still uncertain on this

we did.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Yea I was hoping for the runoff as well, but that damned timeout
I think a ten second run off would only happen only when the clock is running.

anyways...is it me or would that kick gone wide if it was not deflicted. I saw it and it look right down the middle with the defliction.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by danimal:

we did.

hmmm. Well the Football Godz were not with us last night. I can tell with that Adams fumble. Those usually bounce out of bounds in those situations
Share 49ersWebzone