Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by boast:
C

The int's cost the game and they were both his fault.

the first one, yes.

the second one was nothing more than a great defensive play. you are blind as a bat if you can't see that.

Its the QBs job to find the proper passing lanes.
Not entirely. It is the OL's job to create passing lanes in which to pass just as it is their job to create running lanes for the runner.

Unlike a runner who can bounce an inside run to the outside if the opening is there, the QB has much less room to shift while standing in the pocket.

Yes true but it is the QB's responsibility to make sure he put enough arch on the ball so a jumping linebacker can not touch it.
Go look at the film. Dunbar SKIED to reach that pass. Crabtree was even jumping up in anticipation. You can't arch a ball on a short timing play like that.

At some point you just have to give the defense credit for disguising the coverage very well and making a big-time play. Staley was doing his best to stay engaged but Dunbar made a great play.

We can blame Smith for the first pick on a bad throw, but the second one was just good defense.

Alexcuses, Alexcuses is all here for this loser of a QB we have.

I dont care what the blocking scheme was, its the QB's responsibility to make sure that ball does not get hit like that.

Ever ask yourself how come stuff like this always happens to Alex.

Hell No. The Alex supporters are famous for only wanting to argue individual plays. The concept of an accumulation of these debatable fiascoes equaling something goes over their head.

Yes and they also want to completely forget about the negative plays or find some other factors to blame them on.

I could just imagine news headline.

"Alex Smith stabs a man to death"

Alex lover's reactions:

He ran into Alex's knife.

He was blocked into Alex's knife.

The man deserved it.

Its so funny that its sad.

I'm a huge Smith critic as well, but he played well yesterday. He threw two costly picks...but for the first time in my life, I think I'm gonna give him a break on one of the interceptions (second one).

Yeah, just a good play by the D. If susweel had a clue, he'd know that on a 3 step drop quick slant, the ball is coming out low, hard, and fast. They're prone to getting knocked down.

Its still an Int no matter how you look at it.

I stand by my grade of a C.
Originally posted by cNiner:
D , we will see how all of you hang on his nuts when we play KC and plays like he played like seattle game and the D won't bail his ass out !

you a moron sir!! He play outstanding
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jprchrds:
D , we will see how all of you hang on his nuts when we play KC and plays like he played like seattle game and the D won't bail his ass out !

Lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
B.

Few interceptions hurt us, but both were tipped.

Overall, he looked good. That drive he lead in the 4th quarter was amazing.
Originally posted by jprchrds:

Lol

he no play outstanding. Chiefs fans do it loudly. Make Alex put hands on helmet like he no heary anything, then make stupid throw, and blame ol sleeping man up the stairs
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
A-

One bad pass in the 1st quarter. Beyond that, Smith was awesome. Definitely his most impressive game in the NFL that I have seen. He needs to build on that, and beat up on KC

A more well deserved response you will never see.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by Five4Five:
Holy sh*t, people are actually giving him D's in here. I am now convinced that there are people in here rooting for Alex to fail. I can't even fathom how anyone can give him a lower than a B-.

He showed good pocket presence, was making good intermediate and short range throws (other than his bad pass to Gore), led the team on a 4th quarter game-tying drive and conversion while calling his own plays, showed excellent mobility, and took what the D gave him and basically carved them up all night. I would give him a B+. I haven't felt this hopeful about him since the Thursday night game in Seattle back in 2006.

Welcome to the zone.

There are lots of fools on this site. I could swear some of these whiteboys on this site think Alex Smith is black. Maybe thats where all the hatred comes from.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
B....we lost the game.
solid B...

Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by danimal:
C

the first one, yes.

the second one was nothing more than a great defensive play. you are blind as a bat if you can't see that.

Not entirely. It is the OL's job to create passing lanes in which to pass just as it is their job to create running lanes for the runner.

Unlike a runner who can bounce an inside run to the outside if the opening is there, the QB has much less room to shift while standing in the pocket.

Yes true but it is the QB's responsibility to make sure he put enough arch on the ball so a jumping linebacker can not touch it.
Go look at the film. Dunbar SKIED to reach that pass. Crabtree was even jumping up in anticipation. You can't arch a ball on a short timing play like that.

At some point you just have to give the defense credit for disguising the coverage very well and making a big-time play. Staley was doing his best to stay engaged but Dunbar made a great play.

We can blame Smith for the first pick on a bad throw, but the second one was just good defense.

I dont care what the blocking scheme was, its the QB's responsibility to make sure that ball does not get hit like that.

Hell No. The Alex supporters are famous for only wanting to argue individual plays. The concept of an accumulation of these debatable fiascoes equaling something goes over their head.

Yes and they also want to completely forget about the negative plays or find some other factors to blame them on.

I could just imagine news headline.

"Alex Smith stabs a man to death"

Alex lover's reactions:

He ran into Alex's knife.

He was blocked into Alex's knife.

The man deserved it.

Its so funny that its sad.

I'm a huge Smith critic as well, but he played well yesterday. He threw two costly picks...but for the first time in my life, I think I'm gonna give him a break on one of the interceptions (second one).

Yeah, just a good play by the D. If susweel had a clue, he'd know that on a 3 step drop quick slant, the ball is coming out low, hard, and fast. They're prone to getting knocked down.

Its still an Int no matter how you look at it.

I stand by my grade of a C.

That's fine. I think anything in the B(in my case) or C(in your case) range is fair. Just trying to put some perspective on the second int.
A-.

The first int was very costly. But he showed qualities that I've been waiting to see forever.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
A-.

The first int was very costly. But he showed qualities that I've been waiting to see forever.

-9fA

You mean he looked like a mediocre QB? Mediocre QBs have good or even great games once in a while. Look it up. Great QBs have bad games once in a while. It is all about consistency. Talk to me in six weeks. I will say that he has done enough to make me stop calling for his head in the next week or two. Maybe the first time ever. So that is different. He has to prove something to himself and his teammates. I think last night's game made believers out of some of his teammates. If he does not build on this, then it is just another loss.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
C

the first one, yes.

troll much?

Closing in on 17,000 x's

Why am I a troll because I think Smith sucks ?

cuz your posts suck

Its not posts that you guys hate, its my opinion because it doesn't agree with yours.

you can think smith is the worst qb ok thats fine but to say he did not play well yesterday that is totally incorrect he played very good not only do niner fan say it but a lot of other team fans as well as well as jaws gruden steve young

in fact i heard on the radio today that peter king said that alex was lights out and the incompitance of the rest of the team lost the game for the niners
Originally posted by Smokie:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
A-.

-9fA

You mean he looked like a mediocre QB? Mediocre QBs have good or even great games once in a while. Look it up. Great QBs have bad games once in a while. It is all about consistency. Talk to me in six weeks. I will say that he has done enough to make me stop calling for his head in the next week or two. Maybe the first time ever. So that is different. He has to prove something to himself and his teammates. I think last night's game made believers out of some of his teammates. If he does not build on this, then it is just another loss.

i wouldnt say he is mediocore he can put up numbers and his intermiddeate and long asses are one of the most accurate in the nfl (his short passes need a lot of work) but he has been doing ok to good since last year when he took over as starter (notice how i didnt say great)

you might point out the game last week against seattle however if you think about it i think that one goes on jimmy raye i am not trying to make an alexcuse (although it kinda is) after seeing the game tonight it cearly was his fault alex is a cerebial qb and needs to see the D before he snaps the ball he wasnt able to do that against seattle however against the saints he easily had 10-15 seconds to read the D and make adjustments againt their D

so as long as he keeps the wristband and the plays come like it did today we are more likely to see the smith we saw on MNF then the one against the hawks
Share 49ersWebzone