LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

breakdown of whats to come

Shop Find 49ers gear online
ok guys after losing to the saints i would like to break down our season so far and whats still to come

at the moment we are 0-2 and lets face it its due to our own mistakes in both games

game 1 @ seahawks - we went into this game over confident unprepared and all the team really made a mess plus rayes playcalling causing problems at the snap costing us yards smith was awful the defence was awful was just a total shambles

game 2 saints - far better game first play killed us baas snap was totally ridiculous smith had to scarper back to give a safety which if he hadn't it woulda been a touchdown everyone seems to forget this then the defence failed to stop saints in there first drive which put us 0-9 down smith then stood up and went forward and got us back in the game

things needed remedied from this game bass needs to snap the ball far better we can not gift points to a team as good as saints philipp adams needs to take a long look at himself after his special teams plays twice he almost killed us with giving ball back to saints first time he got away withit by pulling back the second time he made a mess of the catch and gave saints ball this is unacceptable

our defence needs to make better reads on the pass we stoped the run well but soon as brees got the ball in the air when he needed scores we failed to stop him alex smith he made 2 mistakes but his overall performance was superstarish he outplayed brees and kept saints offence of the feild

all of these mistakes made are unacceptable but very fixable

week 3 @ kc - there agressive running team from what i have seen of them this season they are very fast and athletic if we stop the run as well as we did against the saints we will win

week4 @falcons stop matt ryan in passing and stop the run will be a tough game at georgia dome but i belive we will edge this game and be 2-2 after this game

week5 eagles qb delema will be the key eagles are wanting it to be kolb but will it still be week 5 and this is a team to watch there agressive fast and play well but if they havent sorted there qb possition will play in our hands and its a home game

week 6 raiders whats to say bout raiders we sould walk over em but time will tell they may be stableised by week 6 but is a home game

week 7 @ panthers key to this will be stop clausan he is a rookie qb we need to get pressure on him but sould be a easy win

week 8 broncos wembley stadium home game but will be like superbowl atmosphere the key to this will be get the uk fans behind the 49ers and we will walk over broncos
then bye week and is here i will have a break but feel free to add your comments on my breakdown of what our season sould look like up untill the bye week
Willis and Bowman will take care of KC's run game.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

i hope your right kc looks fast and very aggressive for once but i still believe we will be 12-4 or 13-3 enda season
bump
Projecting and predicting games just doesn't work in the NFL.

Todd Haley knows the 49ers well from his days in Arizona.

I predict a close, winnable game.

[ Edited by redrathman on Sep 21, 2010 at 10:38:26 ]
I live in KC and see the Chiefs play every week. Thier offense is PUTRID. The only two offensive TD's they have scored this season have been off a fumble recovery at the 20 yd line, and a 60 yd run by Charles. Their D is decent but overrated, and they are very weak against the deep pass.

Bottom line: IF our D shows up, we win just off that alone. Thier O-line is terrible, so we should be able to get good pressure without bringing a blitz. As long as their running game is contained, they will have no chance. Cassel cannot beat us with his arm.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its a very winnable game but we have to show up. Have no let down from this week, and play good smart football.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its a very winnable game but we have to show up. Have no let down from this week, and play good smart football.

Yup. No turnovers=W.
Originally posted by Five4Five:
I live in KC and see the Chiefs play every week. Thier offense is PUTRID. The only two offensive TD's they have scored this season have been off a fumble recovery at the 20 yd line, and a 60 yd run by Charles. Their D is decent but overrated, and they are very weak against the deep pass.

Bottom line: IF our D shows up, we win just off that alone. Thier O-line is terrible, so we should be able to get good pressure without bringing a blitz. As long as their running game is contained, they will have no chance. Cassel cannot beat us with his arm.

Man you're hypin me up! 5 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he looked like crap yesterday..willis and spikes much better duo

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I understand all the but you should also understand the niners play to their competition.

how about the Killer TKO?

I understand all the but you should also understand the niners play to their competition.

That's what I'm worried about. The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves. We are a much better team, and we don't deserve to even talk about the playoffs if we lose.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

That's what I'm worried about. The only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves. We are a much better team, and we don't deserve to even talk about the playoffs if we lose.

If we lose, it will be:

Playoffs !!!

• dman
  • Veteran
Its not easy to win in KC and I think we get run off the field in Atlanta.

Hopefully we can be 1-3 when the schedule eases up.
Share 49ersWebzone