There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Riding on Raye's Wheelchair

it would have been GREAT if the first 7 plays of the game was not a run up the middle
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
it would have been GREAT if the first 7 plays of the game was not a run up the middle

the 3rd play wasn't but Baas didn't give Alex a chance to throw. Overall I give the play calling an A-
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
it would have been GREAT if the first 7 plays of the game was not a run up the middle

Why do we start out EVERY game with Gore up the middle??????????

Can we do something no one expects just once on the first play?
1st quarter playcalling was atrocious. Thankfully, Raye's old friend Yahoo brought him a 5 hour energy, and he was good to go after that.
gotta give him props. I thought this game should have been the final test for Raye, and he passed. He called a great game through the last 3 quarters. Just gotta keep it up, show consistency, like everyone else on the team.
A lot of it was predictable, but the line and Gore made it work. Had they not played so well, Raye would be receiving no credit whatsoever because even I knew when they would run and where they would try to run, and I was just some guy sitting on his couch with a beer in his hand watching the game on TV.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
A lot of it was predictable, but the line and Gore made it work. Had they not played so well, Raye would be receiving no credit whatsoever because even I knew when they would run and where they would try to run, and I was just some guy sitting on his couch with a beer in his hand watching the game on TV.

Very true. Like you said, the difference this time is that the OL came through. Raye isn't a good playcaller; his gameplan depends entirely on the O willing its way rather than outsmarting the opponent. When I think about it, I don't remember anything we did in this game that wasn't done in Seattle.
My wheelchair is better!
I have to admit, Raye called a decent game last night. It was a little ugly early on, typical middle run, middle run etc. And that awful wildcat play! Did anyone else notice that Smith was split out wide and the CB cheated so far in that Alex was wide open. Maybe a Westbrook pass is in the Niners future?

I have to wonder if it was the playcalls or the execution by the O-line? Running off right tackle was looking much better than last week, and Rachal was on the bench! I'm not saying, I'm just saying.......
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I have to admit, Raye called a decent game last night. It was a little ugly early on, typical middle run, middle run etc. And that awful wildcat play! Did anyone else notice that Smith was split out wide and the CB cheated so far in that Alex was wide open. Maybe a Westbrook pass is in the Niners future?

I have to wonder if it was the playcalls or the execution by the O-line? Running off right tackle was looking much better than last week, and Rachal was on the bench! I'm not saying, I'm just saying.......

Oh I'm saying. Chilo gets WAAAAAY too much credit on this board. Dude sucks.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 70,371
Originally posted by zillabeast:

wow! lol.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I just want to point out Smith called his own plays during the last 2 min.

so smith is a better OC than Raye?
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

wow! lol.


I know right? I knew his record and all but seeing it laid out in a table like that kinda makes your head explode.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home