LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

How Was the Pass Rush?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know we got two sacks but how was the pass rush? Was it consistent? Did we get pressure on Brees? Who were our best pass rushers?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I know we got two sacks but how was the pass rush? Was it consistent? Did we get pressure on Brees? Who were our best pass rushers?

so-so. willis is a beast in the backfield. manny almost got one. but saints oline held the pocket for the most. it's basically the key to any qb to be successful.
better than I expected, man those screen passes are a b***h.
How did J. Smith, Franklin, McDonald do? Did we get any realistic pressure from the linebackers?
Originally posted by skynet907:

we have been getting destroyed on screen plays for like 4 straight years, manusky can calll a good game, but can't train the guys how to defend a screen.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
How did J. Smith, Franklin, McDonald do? Did we get any realistic pressure from the linebackers?

smith motors as usual. front 3 brought pressure but their oline held. plus brees is damn good at responding to the heat.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by skynet907:

we have been getting destroyed on screen plays for like 4 straight years, manusky can calll a good game, but can't train the guys how to defend a screen.

The reason we give up screens so easily is because the guys that are supposed to be covering it are being sent to the QB for pressure. It's what you do to an overly aggressive defense.
haralson plain sucks and manny still has no pass rush ability

brooks is a beast
Originally posted by znk916:

brooks is a beast

Cosigned. I honestly think that for a consistent pass rush we'll need to keep sending Willis up the middle and drop the OLBs in coverage or whatever. Because he is way better at getting to the QB than any of them are besides maybe Brooks or LaBoy. Brooks should be starting over Haralson btw, who can't cover, can't play the run, and doesn't get to the QB.
So Harolson sucks?

I read that Manny almost had a sack? Was that true?

Brooks got one sack. How about the rest of his game?

I also heard that Spikes had to come out and Bowman took his place. How did that turn out?

Did LaBoy play, and if so what did he do?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by znk916:

brooks is a beast

Cosigned. I honestly think that for a consistent pass rush we'll need to keep sending Willis up the middle and drop the OLBs in coverage or whatever. Because he is way better at getting to the QB than any of them are besides maybe Brooks or LaBoy. Brooks should be starting over Haralson btw, who can't cover, can't play the run, and doesn't get to the QB.

love those A gap blitzes especially with how fast Willis accelerates
Our pass rush from the outside wasn't the key it was the pressure up the middle that was key that I noticed. I saw the occasional pressure from outside but the pocket was constantly collapsing. Anytime you hold Brees to the stats he had the defense has to be happy...
DAMN YOU PREVENT DEFENSE!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone