LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

This was not just another loss.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We had the opporunity to beat the World Champion Saints in front of the entire country, and it would have been the biggest victory since the Wild Card victory against the Giants back in 2002. Do you realize what that win would have meant for our organization!? That would have showed the players what they are capable of doing, and that is very important to a team who has not had any significant victories since 2002! It is very frustrating to see a team have the opporunity to take the NEXT STEP and start beating good NFL teams, but instead fail at the opporunity because of foolish mistakes like turn-overs. THIS GAME IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A WEEK 2 LOSS; it would have been a turning point for the 49ers organization.
that last drive for 8 points made me very happy.

you should lighten up, you'll live longer.
I am very frustrated because this could have been the start of a new era for the 49ers. We could have taken the next step to become a GOOD TEAM. But we are still mediocre after we gave the game away.
A month from now, while losing to the Raiders by three touchdowns late in the game, still winless.....it will just be another loss. No worries, friend.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
A month from now, while losing to the Raiders by three touchdowns late in the game, still winless.....it will just be another loss. No worries, friend.

lol comon now... serious?
Turnovers absolutely killed them. Defense couldn't stop them when they needed to. I don't think they will lose to the Raiders, let alone by three TD's.
There's a lot of football left.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
We had the opporunity to beat the World Champion Saints in front of the entire country, and it would have been the biggest victory since the Wild Card victory against the Giants back in 2002. Do you realize what that win would have meant for our organization!? That would have showed the players what they are capable of doing, and that is very important to a team who has not had any significant victories since 2002! It is very frustrating to see a team have the opporunity to take the NEXT STEP and start beating good NFL teams, but instead fail at the opporunity because of foolish mistakes like turn-overs. THIS GAME IS MUCH MORE THAN JUST A WEEK 2 LOSS; it would have been a turning point for the 49ers organization.

Sometimes losses can be turning points...remember in 1994, PHI 40 SF 8?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're a good team, just cut out the turnovers and this division is ours. Once we get in the playoffs anything can happen. This team will continue to get better the more games they play together. Very optimistic for the season.
IMO it's too early to panic. No we did not get the win but there is no denying that this 49er team can hang with the best. We are going to be just fine.

moral victory. guaranteed. we took it to the world champs and almost won, even with 4 turnovers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We got to be the best 0-2 team that no one wants to play.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
moral victory. guaranteed. we took it to the world champs and almost won, even with 4 turnovers.

Very true, I think we will get almost as much out of this game as a win. We have proven that we can play with the best of em.
I kinda like what Steve Young said during the Saints/49ers MNF Highlights on ESPN. Honestly, we just need to gel together, with Alex playing consistently & the play-calling consistent & very timely executed, we'll absolutely win alot of games!!!
shoulda, woulda, coulda, didn't.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Sep 21, 2010 at 05:56:38 ]
Share 49ersWebzone