LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Who was that delay of game on?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
VD right? since he was the last man to the huddle, running in with like 10s left. Can't remember the last time I ever saw that happen on the 1st play of a drive, if ever.

totally inexcusable, not to mention the brutal timing since we needed to take back the momentum after the Saints had just taken the lead 16-14

all the other mistakes in the game I felt were explainable to a certain extent, not that one
I agree major head-scratcher. Why in the hell wouldn't VD be in the huddle on first down anyway? Equipment issue??
Considering VD is in on all snaps and formations, I really would like to know why...equipment, bathroom break, etc?
Yep, said it on a bunch of threads. We beat ourselves with mental mistakes again. The ball didn't really bounce our way at times and the 2nd Alex INT was just a great play by the LB but for the most part it was mental mistakes. I've said it before and will say it again... once we stop beating ourselves and cut the mental mistakes we can be a pretty good football team. We have the talent... the coaching has to get better as well though.
Originally posted by thojess:
I agree major head-scratcher. Why in the hell wouldn't VD be in the huddle on first down anyway? Equipment issue??

Yes. On the CSN postgame show they said Vernon's chin-strap broke and nobody knew they needed to send in a back-up.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by thojess:

Yes. On the CSN postgame show they said Vernon's chin-strap broke and nobody knew they needed to send in a back-up.

Christ what luck. VD needs to get the word out on that s**t while the defense is on the field. Damn.
that is some s**t luck then
Share 49ersWebzone