LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

ALEX SMITH FOR QUARTERBACK!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He looked fantastic on 2 drives, awful on the first INT, mediocre the rest of the game.

They moved the ball well on almost every possession. Smith looked good on more than 2 drives... you are reaching.

Yes, yes and yes.

But he also turned the ball over twice.

Look -- I hear what you're saying. I really do. But hear me as well. An NFL QB cannot continue to turn the ball over like this. No -- no more excuses please. This is becoming a regular scene for Alex Smith. He plays well -- then gives up a boneheaded pick. We've seen this time and again. It has to stop.

It hasn't. I don't know if it ever will.

But when the game was on the line he led the team down and got them 8pts. Something Alex has lacked in the past. Alex can't do anything about the defense letting the Saints get a FG to win the game. Yes his picks were huge but at the same time Alex gave us the oppurtunity to take the game into OT. Unfortunatly our defense couldn't stop Brees and they won the game.

^ truth.
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He looked fantastic on 2 drives, awful on the first INT, mediocre the rest of the game.

They moved the ball well on almost every possession. Smith looked good on more than 2 drives... you are reaching.

Yes, yes and yes.

But he also turned the ball over twice.

Look -- I hear what you're saying. I really do. But hear me as well. An NFL QB cannot continue to turn the ball over like this. No -- no more excuses please. This is becoming a regular scene for Alex Smith. He plays well -- then gives up a boneheaded pick. We've seen this time and again. It has to stop.

It hasn't. I don't know if it ever will.

But when the game was on the line he led the team down and got them 8pts. Something Alex has lacked in the past. Alex can't do anything about the defense letting the Saints get a FG to win the game. Yes his picks were huge but at the same time Alex gave us the oppurtunity to take the game into OT. Unfortunatly our defense couldn't stop Brees and they won the game.

^ truth.

He did the most he could do at the end
Originally posted by jrg:
f**k Shaun Hill and Nate Davis...ALEX SMITH is our STARTING QUARTERBACK!!!

0-2...so what.

LETS GO 49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

0-2 - so what?!?! What's wrong with that picture? Lots
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He outplayed Brees but Brees got the ball last.

A rare disagreement.

Brees did not turn the ball over. Period.

Alex through two killing picks and was almost responsible for a third.

In my book? Brees wins this matchup.

Drew Brees almost threw 2 Ints that would have been killers. Reggie SMith barely missed an INT and Lawson had one his hands. We get either one of those and we win the game. Brees Played well but so did Alex.

Brees got the ball last andd that was the difference

Exactly -- and I have to say, I think we could've managed the clock a lot better, and that again falls on the coaching staff. We knew that we needed to leave at least less than a minute on the clock, regardless of whether or not we got the 2 point conversion. If we could have cut down the Saints' time to work with to somewhere between 35-50 seconds, the game probably would've gone to OT.

But back to the topic, if either of those Brees passes isn't dropped by our defenders, we win. Brees got lucky. Alex got unlucky. That was really the only difference between the two QB's tonight..
if brees threw it too far in front of say bush the ball deflects straight to the ground, but since its smith and the no luck 9ers it flips right in the air for an int. brees throws that ball that lawson shouldve picked off but he drops it of course, if smith threw that it gets picked off. saints muff a punt bush gets it back, adams muffs 1 right at the SIDE LINE and it amazingly stays in and roby recovers. this team is really disliked by god
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

0-2...so what.

0-2 - so what?!?! What's wrong with that picture? Lots

It sucks but our players proved they can win games playing tough. This is only important if we play stronger from it
Originally posted by SFBlue:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

A rare disagreement.

Brees is lucky he didnt have a few picks himself. Some of those passes he threw were waaaay off.

Way off -- but not batted up in the air where an opponent was/is waiting.

I'll agree that Alex Smith has some of the worst luck on this planet.

But it's more than just bad luck.

We've seen this before. As good as he played -- and I'll admit he ASTONISHED ME at times -- he still threw two very killer picks.

You just can't continue to do that. I'm sorry -- there are no more excuses. He simply cannot continue to throw passes that either get picked or bounce off someone else and get picked.

The one tipped off of Gore was on Alex. The other tipped by the lineman (or lb?) was just a great play by the defense imo. As pointed out the NT dropped back in coverage rather than playing the line of scrimmage, putting himself in position to intercept the (also impressive) tipped ball. Everything worked against Alex on that play.

The botched snap and the muffed punt were the two that hurt me the most.

I see it the same way...1st int was a Smith f*ck up. 2nd was tipped at the line, which you just have say kudos to ther d-line for swatting it.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
if brees threw it too far in front of say bush the ball deflects straight to the ground, but since its smith and the no luck 9ers it flips right in the air for an int. brees throws that ball that lawson shouldve picked off but he drops it of course, if smith threw that it gets picked off. saints muff a punt bush gets it back, adams muffs 1 right at the SIDE LINE and it amazingly stays in and roby recovers. this team is really disliked by god

I like how Brees throws a tipped ball and what does it do? It comes right back to him. It makes no sense. It's the same sort of tip, but his was tipped right back to him.
Originally posted by PWilly52:

A rare disagreement.

Drew Brees almost threw 2 Ints that would have been killers. Reggie SMith barely missed an INT and Lawson had one his hands. We get either one of those and we win the game. Brees Played well but so did Alex.

Well said

agreed and Valrod needs a gif of him shaking his head yes along with his no gif.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

A rare disagreement.

Well said

agreed and Valrod needs a gif of him shaking his head yes along with his no gif.

lol

• TFSP
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

0-2...so what.

Alex threw two picks. Gore was wide open, and Alex threw a bad pass which ended up being tipped. The second pick was tipped again, and that is Alex's fault for not throwing it over the defender.

True..... Alex thinks he can simply laser beam everything and a lot of times those balls get batted down or up and get intercepted. Young and Montana threw some of the prettiest touch passes ever. Wish Alex could.

And those 2 had "no salary-cap o-lineman"...

A rare disagreement.

Well said

lol

And this is what separates the older Niner fans from the young crowd.

Alex was a big part of this LOSS. Yes -- it was a LOSS. And his two picks played a key role in this LOSS.

Yet -- some of you think we owe some kind of "apology" or stupid .gif.

WE LOST THE GAME. Alex Smith threw two picks and nearly got picked a third time.

Bad luck? Sure. But not all the time. This trend of Alex throwing killer picks continued tonight.

Look -- I know that many of you are happy with the way he played tonight. I'll admit -- he surprised me. I never thought he come back the way he did.

But -- bottom line is Alex still got picked off twice. This is no reason for celebration.

A rare disagreement.

Well said

lol

And this is what separates the older Niner fans from the young crowd.

Alex was a big part of this LOSS. Yes -- it was a LOSS. And his two picks played a key role in this LOSS.

Yet -- some of you think we owe some kind of "apology" or stupid .gif.

WE LOST THE GAME. Alex Smith threw two picks and nearly got picked a third time.

Bad luck? Sure. But not all the time. This trend of Alex throwing killer picks continued tonight.

Look -- I know that many of you are happy with the way he played tonight. I'll admit -- he surprised me. I never thought he come back the way he did.

But -- bottom line is Alex still got picked off twice. This is no reason for celebration.

ya man and alex fumbled at the goal line and he also snapped the ball over his head for those free points we gave New Orleans, he also muffed that punt to give N.O. the ball back. i also remember him giving up that deep pass at the end to set up N.O.s game winning FG after he went off joe mantana style down the field 82 yards in 50 seconds. u haters need to get real.
not worth it anymore

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 20, 2010 at 23:13:33 ]
Share 49ersWebzone