LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Saints offsides penalty with :02 remaining

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought when an offense has a penalty during the last minute of play there is an automatic 10 second run off?
Me too, can someone on the zone clarify?
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Me three!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Holy s**t!

Thats right!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I believe that is only if the offense has no time outs remaining, just a guess.
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
I thought when an offense has a penalty during the last minute of play there is an automatic 10 second run off?

I think that's an offensive holding call.
Did the refs screw us over yet again? This time it might actually count against our loss.
Only if the clock is running during the snap. This was a dead ball situation, as the Saints called a timeout with 2 seconds to go.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I hope you're wrong

I was thinking that too, but it might just be for holding and grounding, I should google that.

• tn9er
  • Veteran

The clock was already stopped, so no...

If the clock was running and they had no timeouts, then it would have been a 10 second runoff...
Originally posted by Esco:
I hope you're wrong
  • ZRF80
Not during a timeout. The rule was made so that players wouldnt get a penalty to stop the clock. If the clock is running, and an offensive player gets penalized, automatic 10 seconds off. If its after or during a timeout, no game.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Esco:
I hope you're wrong
Originally posted by tn9er:

The clock was already stopped, so no...

If the clock was running and they had no timeouts, then it would have been a 10 second runoff...

Damn
Share 49ersWebzone