LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

Glimpse of the future = OUR OL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
One thing I saw Davis do that I really liked was when some of the Saints tried to pile on, he was pushing them away from the ball carrier. The dude's got some fire, for sure. Both he and Iupati provided Gore some running room and held up pretty well in pass protection. As Gruden and Jaws both said, they saw the OL grow up last night.

IamAnthonyDavis

No moral victories. Dont say stuff like that. It pisses me off. I feel like ur tauntin me. Dont do that.
One thing I saw Davis do that I really liked was when some of the Saints tried to pile on, he was pushing them away from the ball carrier. The dude's got some fire, for sure. Both he and Iupati provided Gore some running room and held up pretty well in pass protection. As Gruden and Jaws both said, they saw the OL grow up last night.

This, I love it!
Originally posted by jreff22:

IamAnthonyDavis

No moral victories. Dont say stuff like that. It pisses me off. I feel like ur tauntin me. Dont do that.

I like the linemen to have a mean streak. I noticed Davis doing that too. He didn't do anything stupid, he just let the offender know that he was not going to harass Gore without paying a price. As much as we want to talk about game planning, etc., football is also about establishing who is the alpha dog.
in 2 years we will have the best o line in the league
I just watched the game again and Iupati was playing like a man on fire. Incredible footwork plus brute force. Extremely impressive.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
On Gore's TD run, Iupati pulls and takes out two Saints defenders, opening that huge hole. I thought he was terrific, and Davis may have been even better in run blocking today. We seemed to run better to the right side than the left side tonight. Snyder played well.

Snyder, you didnt hear anything from him....that means how good of a game he played....he plays way better at RG than at either tackle spots....I always thought that.

Agree
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
On Gore's TD run, Iupati pulls and takes out two Saints defenders, opening that huge hole. I thought he was terrific, and Davis may have been even better in run blocking today. We seemed to run better to the right side than the left side tonight. Snyder played well.

Snyder, you didnt hear anything from him....that means how good of a game he played....he plays way better at RG than at either tackle spots....I always thought that.

I agree with you guys on Snyder, played a good game tonight at RG, Chilo might have to take a backseat.

Good Job Snyder!!! He really proved me wrong, I thought for sure he wouldn't make the 53 man roster.

Maybe we should start a fan club, "Snyder's Fighters"?

The guy has always been a seriously important piece of our team, who has been unfairly thrashed by almost (not me) every fan because he can't play 4 separate positions at starter quality.

He was pretty good during preseason at RG. It looks like he is settling in there a little bit.

The only time I've bagged on Snyder was when he was at OT, and I think he deserved the bashing, I bet even he wouldn't deny that. But at RG he is a whole different player, he's not on an island trying to pass protect. I just don't see how Singletary can give the job right back to Rachal when Snyder has got more push and pull to his game.
There are some on this board that have been saying all along that once the oline was better the whole offense would be. Then there are those that still think that it starts with the QB...
I wondered how much the Seattle crowd impacted them in Week 1. That question was answered yesterday. At Arrowhead will be another great challenge.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
There are some on this board that have been saying all along that once the oline was better the whole offense would be. Then there are those that still think that it starts with the QB...

And those who think it starts with the QB aren't really worth listening to. They seem to think Manny Lawson sucks as well... I suspect it is a lack of intelligence problem.

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I wondered how much the Seattle crowd impacted them in Week 1. That question was answered yesterday. At Arrowhead will be another great challenge.

Well I for one think that the Quest Field experience gave our team the know how on what to expect now when we go on the road, especially our rookies and Arrowhead. KC has a young and hungry front 7.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

those are trolls instigating fans.
Iupati - ProBowl THIS year!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Wow!!! No sacks allowed, great push.....the rookies played out of this world tonight...Staley shut his man down....Bass (besides the F up) played great. It was a great showing by our fellas. And Heitmann aint back yet.

Hats off to our OL....this is gonna be a mean and nasty line to deal with for the next decade.

Im excited!

Totally did a good job this line is only gonna get better! Scary!
The offensive line was opening holes for Gore and giving Smith time to throw. Should Adam Snyder start in place of Chilo Rachal on the offensive line for the rest of the season?
Share 49ersWebzone