There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder

After one game, Ceadder? I'm very happy with his performance man, but even the sun shins on a dog's ass once. He needs to do this many times this season for us to be successful.

Yes, after one game. If he sucks next week then everyone can jump back on his a$$. But those who simply want Smith gone no matter what happens this year should just take the week off.

Originally posted by 49erFan:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by oregondave:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Decent?!
BLOW dude. You f'ing suck. Hater b***h!

Whats wrong with what he said. Smith plays better at home. Lets see him do this in Arrowhead before we crown his as$. He had some nice drives and some great throws but he also had some questionable throws. We need Consistency, but he took some steps forward.

This thread is not an attempt to "crown" Smith. It's to gauge to the perception of how Smith played tonight.

I will say this about Arrowhead, I too am worried about the crowd noise. It's not just how Alex plays on the road either, the coaching staff has a lot to prove in that area as well...

Brees had a 108.9 rating 2 TDs and zero INTs.

Smith had a 82.2 1 TD and 2 INTs

Yeah Alex outplayed him Brees
Originally posted by dj43:
Smith played well enough to win. The two fumbles were killers. One gave NO great field position and the other took away a sure field goal if not TD.

Also, if Singletary wants a team like the Bears, where the offense scores 17 points a game and the defense shuts down the opponent, then this loss is on the defense. The offense scored 22 points including a critical drive that included a two point conversion.

That's the thing. What were the first 6 plays of the game 5/1 ratio run to pass. This team is built for a spread type with passes out of the backfield to Gore and Westbrook (if he ever gets on the field) Jimmy Raye I really believe is holding this teams offensive potential back with his play calling.
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Alex's best performance will come from a win. not a loss.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder

After one game, Ceadder? I'm very happy with his performance man, but even the sun shins on a dog's ass once. He needs to do this many times this season for us to be successful.

Yes, after one game. If he sucks next week then everyone can jump back on his a$$. But those who simply want Smith gone no matter what happens this year should just take the week off.

get a clue

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Decent?!

Whats wrong with what he said. Smith plays better at home. Lets see him do this in Arrowhead before we crown his as$. He had some nice drives and some great throws but he also had some questionable throws. We need Consistency, but he took some steps forward.

What 1?

Sorry, but I think the pretty much miraculous drive to tie the game with a two point conversion overcomes that. Just me though. HATER!

By your logic we should be trading for Bruce Gradkowskie and every other QB that has a good half. Smith has shown glimses before only to take a couple steps back. But tonights game was a positive step and im looking forward to more in KC

Because the picks were obviously Alex's fault.

Keep trying hater.
Originally posted by Crown:

Amen, well said, now lets go home, i sick of these underachievers.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49erFan:

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Decent?!

This thread is not an attempt to "crown" Smith. It's to gauge to the perception of how Smith played tonight.

I will say this about Arrowhead, I too am worried about the crowd noise. It's not just how Alex plays on the road either, the coaching staff has a lot to prove in that area as well...

Hehe, yes I believe the wristband will help.

However, there has been talk about the communication being given to Smith in time.

I think this is something I need to see happen smoothly on the road, before I can have any real confidence in it. Heck there was even one instance of it, again tonight.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

EXACTLY.....Alex played well and to me (which I've been riding him about) he showed some leadership...but was this his best game not on a loss

THat's what happens when you throw it as many times as Brees did and as many dink and dunks as well.

But hey whutever, you would complain if you were hung with a new rope so this should surprise noone that you're not willing to give Smith his props. He DID play better than Brees. You can get snakebit twice and still have a better game than your opponent.

Even Matt and Steve were saying that Alex looked better.

But what do they know right?

~Ceadder
New to the forum, i have follwed this site religiously and think this is a great website for the 49er faithful and all of you provide great insight into the team that I have loved all my life...

A few comments regarding tonight's game....i read your posts everyday and though i can see where the Alex Smith haters or non-believers are coming from, tonight though you have to admit that there was something different about Alex Smith. He was poised and looked very sharp in the pocket. Those were unfortunate turnovers that you cant put the blame solely on Smith. Those were not the Seattle Seahawks we lost to, those were the defending champs and we should have beat them tonight. The seahawks game was a fluke and after a win at KC, a division where we are clearly the more talented team and with A. Smith playing the way he did tonight..there is no reason why still cant take the division and make the playoffs..

this is one game where rating didn't tell the story.

Smith was equal to Brees tonight.