Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

• ZRF80
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
omfg i seriously getting sicka this board everyone blaming smith wtf 3 interseptions ok 1 was smiths fault safty smith had to make he had to scramble back or it was a touchdown not smiths fault does no one give smith any f**kin credit if it wasnt for smith we woulda been well outa it also last drive was not rayes calling the plays was smith yet no one seems to credit smith for that get the f**k off smiths back and seport your team if anyones to blame for that loss it is the defence not smith it was the defence that didnt stop brees in the last drive

Welcome to the zone. Alex Smith sucks and he is the reason we lost and no such thing as moral victories, York is loser, why don't he sell the team, we suck and the season is over cause we are 0-2, loser fan base who accepts this crap product.

lol ide be pissed at you too if i hadnt read the whole of the posts but i know ya just takin piss of what all the haters saying lol

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees

Come on dude

brees didnt have the ball sail over his head 20 feet in the air

how many of brees' passes were little dump offs or screens that were taken for big gains?

brees didnt have his reciever fumble the ball on the 10 yard line. just sayin....
It was and I know he will give us better games down the line. The biggest thing was leading us down to give us a shot to even win the game. Thats something you can measure is bringing a team back and thats something he has some days. Just need it everyday lol
  • Crown
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by oregondave:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Decent?!
BLOW dude. You f'ing suck. Hater b***h!

Whats wrong with what he said. Smith plays better at home. Lets see him do this in Arrowhead before we crown his as$. He had some nice drives and some great throws but he also had some questionable throws. We need Consistency, but he took some steps forward.

Arrowhead scares me...likely louder than Quest.
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

I Agree brother. He threw 2 interceptions that were both his fault. One horrible pass to gore that was picked, and a tipped ball that should have been thrown better. i think smith did enough to give all smith supporters another week to cheer for him , but am not drinking the Kool-Aid. Not saying he's the reason we lost because he wasn't but am still not sold on Alex Sh*t

bulls**t. One was basically his fault but was STILL a great play. The other was a great play, period! Hater!

9 out 10 games he throws 0 interceptions if he throws those same passes.
Originally posted by Crown:

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Decent?!

Whats wrong with what he said. Smith plays better at home. Lets see him do this in Arrowhead before we crown his as$. He had some nice drives and some great throws but he also had some questionable throws. We need Consistency, but he took some steps forward.

Arrowhead scares me...likely louder than Quest.

Quest is louder
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
He outplayed Breeze more yards same comp percentage minus the pick he had more rushing yards as well. He was a beast out there no one deserved the win more than him out there today and we just fell a little short.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Decent?!

What 1?

Sorry, but I think the pretty much miraculous drive to tie the game with a two point conversion overcomes that. Just me though. HATER!

shut the f*ck up dude. he played a great game, he easily outplayed drew brees, so get over it and lets move on to kansas city. I dont wanna hear about all this Alex Smith sh*t for 5 days till we play sunday, this loss already stings enough.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees

Come on dude

brees didnt have the ball sail over his head 20 feet in the air

how many of brees' passes were little dump offs or screens that were taken for big gains?

brees didnt have his reciever fumble the ball on the 10 yard line. just sayin....

And all of that makes Brees look worse?
I think this game now opened the entire playbook up for our offense, Alex Smith has now pleaded his case to both Sing and Raye that he can take shots down field when it counts (and when the o-line is hot) to carve some teams up offensively.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Smith played well enough to win. The two fumbles were killers. One gave NO great field position and the other took away a sure field goal if not TD.

Also, if Singletary wants a team like the Bears, where the offense scores 17 points a game and the defense shuts down the opponent, then this loss is on the defense. The offense scored 22 points including a critical drive that included a two point conversion.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder

Hey Ceadder, I really respect your opinion.
Not that I agree with it necessarily. But when when someone repeatedly steps into the fray in the heat of the NT. :)

I agree with what you say about Smitty

Thanks wysiwyg. I'm not Smith's champion, I just think that a lot of people around here don't have a clue as to what they are talking about and choose to go after the guy that plays QB because we had Joe and Steve and it's easy to take pot shots at the QB because he's the guy that will get 100% of the game coverage.

The only other players to get that much coverage is the Line. If the Line doesn't protect the QB for the bulk of the game of course he's going to look like shat.

My Coach used to tell us to hit the hell out of the Opposing QB even if he doesn't have the ball. If his hands are up and he looks like he has it then he's a target. Rattle his cage enough times, he's going to make mistakes. Especially when his Line can't stop you.

I've pointed out many times that Smith is good enough that if he gets protection and his Receivers catch the ball when he throws it right at them that he would look good.

Now, do we replace the QB or does the rest of the team work on THEIR issues?

I have to say Morgan REALLY stepped up today. He worked that sideline really well and caught the Passes that were there. The one pass to Gore looked like it was tipped as Smith was throwing it. Hell he didn't even know the Defender was coming unblocked at him. So honestly that could have been worse for us. Imagine an unblocked Blitzer hitting Smith before the ball leaves his hand? That's 6 going the other way. I'll take the INT and the resulting stop by the Defense.

Other than that 1st snap issue with Baas the Line really did us proud.

WE have two games on the Road now and I think they are Winnable given that we hung tough with the World Champs. Just have to find a way to stop making those little mistakes, like Davis causing the DoG penalty. That hurt us big time since it made us go 3 and out..

~Ceadder

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Decent?!

This thread is not an attempt to "crown" Smith. It's to gauge to the perception of how Smith played tonight.

I will say this about Arrowhead, I too am worried about the crowd noise. It's not just how Alex plays on the road either, the coaching staff has a lot to prove in that area as well...
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:

I Agree brother. He threw 2 interceptions that were both his fault. One horrible pass to gore that was picked, and a tipped ball that should have been thrown better. i think smith did enough to give all smith supporters another week to cheer for him , but am not drinking the Kool-Aid. Not saying he's the reason we lost because he wasn't but am still not sold on Alex Sh*t

bulls**t. One was basically his fault but was STILL a great play. The other was a great play, period! Hater!

9 out 10 games he throws 0 interceptions if he throws those same passes.

so what ur saying is if smith continues to miss wide open guys, it will result in 0 interceptions,? ur a funny dude. it will be picked almost everytime. What does smith have to do for you to get off his nuts? Am not a hater, i support smith because he's starting and i want to win, but am not gonna gargle his sak just because he played alright, sorry no homo but it wont happen.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home