There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder

After one game, Ceadder? I'm very happy with his performance man, but even the sun shins on a dog's ass once. He needs to do this many times this season for us to be successful.
up to this date, maybe.

he can improve and i think he'll have an even better game this season.

sooner or later crabcake will shine, the oline will be better than today (they were good today), and the mistakes will drop.

alex did fine today, he impressed...

i'll be one of the first to rip him or any niner, but if they do well i'll be there to praise as well!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder

Hey Ceadder, I really respect your opinion.
Not that I agree with it necessarily. But when when someone repeatedly steps into the fray in the heat of the NT. :)

I agree with what you say about Smitty
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I hate alex smith as our QB, yet tonight besides those two picks he looked pretty good.
The lack of focus still kills me though, not just fom A.S but the entire team!

We spotted the defending champs 9 points then gave them another 7 points when they needed it most.

Here's the difference though; the Saints worked for those picks and i'm not sure if they lead to scores. The fumbles killed us, and they were caused by mental breakdowns.

agreed, and i dont know if they scored points on the int's, but i know we were on the other side of the 50 on the first one, and in fg range on the second one.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees

Come on dude
I've been a huge Alex Smith critic and I've pretty much taken every shot you could at him this past week...but...

He played f**king great today. His one mistake was the first INT on the off target pass to Gore.

Other than that, he played lights out. He drove us up and down the field. It just sucks that we couldn't finish our goddamn drives (AGAIN).

I know that a 2nd drive ended in an INT as well but that play was more dumb luck. I'm not one to defend ANY of his interceptions (most of the deflected INTs lie with the QB). I'll give him a pass on the 2nd INT though. That was just simply bad luck.

He scrambled when he needed to, and he stepped up in the pocket and made some great f**king throws.

It's something to build on, that's for sure. It just sucks that we're 0-2.

We need to be 4-4 going into the bye.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Don't feed the trolls, people!
Originally posted by Ang:

Yes Ma'am.
Originally posted by Ang:

Define the trolls ``
Originally posted by skynet907:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

is there a way to ignore people like this guy?

Ya you dont quote their posts
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees

Come on dude

Just my opinion. I know it is out there but to me Smith seemed more comfortable out there tonight.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

I Agree brother. He threw 2 interceptions that were both his fault. One horrible pass to gore that was picked, and a tipped ball that should have been thrown better. i think smith did enough to give all smith supporters another week to cheer for him , but am not drinking the Kool-Aid. Not saying he's the reason we lost because he wasn't but am still not sold on Alex Sh*t
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
omfg i seriously getting sicka this board everyone blaming smith wtf 3 interseptions ok 1 was smiths fault safty smith had to make he had to scramble back or it was a touchdown not smiths fault does no one give smith any f**kin credit if it wasnt for smith we woulda been well outa it also last drive was not rayes calling the plays was smith yet no one seems to credit smith for that get the f**k off smiths back and seport your team if anyones to blame for that loss it is the defence not smith it was the defence that didnt stop brees in the last drive

Welcome to the zone. Alex Smith sucks and he is the reason we lost and no such thing as moral victories, York is loser, why don't he sell the team, we suck and the season is over cause we are 0-2, loser fan base who accepts this crap product.

lol ide be pissed at you too if i hadnt read the whole of the posts but i know ya just takin piss of what all the haters saying lol
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees

Come on dude

Just my opinion. I know it is out there but to me Smith seemed more comfortable out there tonight.

I'm not saying he didn't. I wanna see more of what I saw on that last drive. From him and especially the coaching staff. But that's another subject
Originally posted by oregondave:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by ZRF80:

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Decent?!
BLOW dude. You f'ing suck. Hater b***h!

Whats wrong with what he said. Smith plays better at home. Lets see him do this in Arrowhead before we crown his as$. He had some nice drives and some great throws but he also had some questionable throws. We need Consistency, but he took some steps forward.