Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

the poll isnt if alex smith is the next joe montana. its is it HIS best performance yet. he hasnt had a lot of good ones in his career, so i would say yes. he only made one mistake and that was the gore throw that was an int. the defender made a good play on second pick. i cant believe im saying this, but alex smith outplayed drew brees this game.
Um, back to the topic...it certainly was a nice performance by Alex - leaves a lot to feel hopeful for. Still, we DID lose and, at the end of the day, his statline will still read: 1 TD, 2 INTs. Encouraging performance, but I don't wanna talk about superlatives like this in a losing cause. Hopefully, he can build off this effort and pull out the road win in K.C. next week.

Go 9ers!

Shanghai'D
Well so far he looks better than Brett Favre. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
omfg i seriously getting sicka this board everyone blaming smith wtf 3 interseptions ok 1 was smiths fault safty smith had to make he had to scramble back or it was a touchdown not smiths fault does no one give smith any f**kin credit if it wasnt for smith we woulda been well outa it also last drive was not rayes calling the plays was smith yet no one seems to credit smith for that get the f**k off smiths back and seport your team if anyones to blame for that loss it is the defence not smith it was the defence that didnt stop brees in the last drive

Welcome to the zone. Alex Smith sucks and he is the reason we lost and no such thing as moral victories, York is loser, why don't he sell the team, we suck and the season is over cause we are 0-2, loser fan base who accepts this crap product.
I voted yes, but c'mon he's shown us this before. It's not like he CAN'T do it but this time he showed us what we WANT to see from our Starting QB.

Unfortunately bad snap and muffed Punt killed us. That's a 5 point swing. We SHOULD have won this game. Saints played better when it counted but Smith was picking them apart and throwing better than Brees in the same conditions.

Now will people PLEASE STFU about Smith? I've been saying all along that you give the man protection and his Receivers don't drop the Passes that hit them in the hands that Smith would do well.

This game just proved my stance.

I hope Smith takes this game and blows shat up for the rest of the Season.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
we flipping lost'

How can anyone be happy with that

If this were to happen 20 years ago i would be depressed for a week

20 years ago would be 1990. Montana was coming of 2 straight MVPs. And elbow surgery.

Steve was not even our starting QB (Bono, hello)

We didn't know what we had

the elbow surgery was in 1991 (he hurt it in the preseason and then didn't play till the last game of '92, by which time it was young's team). montana was never the same after the leonard marshall hit in the '90 nfc championship.
Originally posted by plinius9mm:
Originally posted by crazzyscotsman:
omfg i seriously getting sicka this board everyone blaming smith wtf 3 interseptions ok 1 was smiths fault safty smith had to make he had to scramble back or it was a touchdown not smiths fault does no one give smith any f**kin credit if it wasnt for smith we woulda been well outa it also last drive was not rayes calling the plays was smith yet no one seems to credit smith for that get the f**k off smiths back and seport your team if anyones to blame for that loss it is the defence not smith it was the defence that didnt stop brees in the last drive

Welcome to the zone. Alex Smith sucks and he is the reason we lost and no such thing as moral victories, York is loser, why don't he sell the team, we suck and the season is over cause we are 0-2, loser fan base who accepts this crap product.

You Ma'am are a true fan...

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

is there a way to ignore people like this guy?
  • Apone
  • Veteran
He looked like an NFL Caliber QB. This was his best performance. Now we need to see it on a consistent basis, I think we will.
Originally posted by skynet907:

Damn pathetic........

We need an ignore button.
I hate alex smith as our QB, yet tonight besides those two picks he looked pretty good.
The lack of focus still kills me though, not just fom A.S but the entire team!

We spotted the defending champs 9 points then gave them another 7 points when they needed it most.

Here's the difference though; the Saints worked for those picks and i'm not sure if they lead to scores. The fumbles killed us, and they were caused by mental breakdowns.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by skynet907:

Damn pathetic........

We need an ignore button.

Agreed.

~Ceadder
  • Apone
  • Veteran

Scrooge, is that you?
If we won the game, then yes.

Can't give him the title in a loss.
u all notice the negativity on this board even when we play good