There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

I'd say it was one of his best and most clutch performances ever. Think about it. He led a very clutch end of the game drive and scored on the 2 point conversion as well. We flat out handed them 16 points. 9 on the high snap for a safety and their next short drive and 7 more on the punt return fumble. Alex did not lose this game. He played well enough to win.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:36:41 ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Sep 20, 2010 at 21:36:32 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
People are forgetting the biggest thing here: Alex Smith was Accurate and made Franchise-quality throws when it counted. Take away those bad luck deflections and his QB rating would have been the best in the West this week.

Smith was vintage 2007 49ers vs Cards Alex Smith. Darting accurate throws, running out of the pocket when nothing is going on for the first down... wow.

Where has that armband been all this time!?

It definitely made a difference.
Originally posted by LundyLove:
we flipping lost'

How can anyone be happy with that

If this were to happen 20 years ago i would be depressed for a week

20 years ago would be 1990. Montana was coming of 2 straight MVPs. And elbow surgery.

Steve was not even our starting QB (Bono, hello)

We didn't know what we had
Alex played a great one tonight we were beat by the champs tonight keep your heads up nothing wrong with that......
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.

Here are three of the infamous San Fransisco "Forty Whiners"

You're a straight hater dude. How many threads are you gonna keep flapping your gums about how Smith lost the game. Pretty sure you could point the finger at some other players, but you're blinded by your hatred. Or you're just baiting people cause you got nothing better to do.

Bottom line, Smith kept this team IN the game. Obviously you were not watching. If you had seen the game, you would have seen a guy in complete control on the field. He was the field general, telling guys were they should be lined up, when to go in motion, and HE MADE PLAYS when the team needed them.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Alex played a great one tonight we were beat by the champs tonight keep your heads up nothing wrong with that......

Word.

Shut this sucka down.
I'd love to celebrate, but there's no reason to think we'll stop hurting ourselves with turnovers.

Alex has had a couple of these kinds of games, he won one in seattle several years back after a great final drive. Anyone saying he 'lost the game for us" is just letting emotion get in the way of good sense. That being said, i'm tired of Alex doing just enough to keep his job every year--or eventually gain it back. I want to see some consistency here. If he has seven more games like this, and seven more like seattle, he's out.
the reason why were happy is because alex finally showed up on national stage and were in a weakk division where anything can happen we when againts the chiefs and everyone loses were tied
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Decent?!
BLOW dude. You f'ing suck. Hater b***h!
IMO, Tonight:

Smith>Brees
  • Chief
  • Veteran

How did smith lose this game for us?
He played well .. even tho he threw two picks.. we just had bad luck in this game.. and sometimes luck is the difference between a win and a lost. But we are better for it. We are getting lessons early in the season that will help us further down the road this season.

We could have folded and let them blow us out but we fought and fought and fought all the way down to the final fg that was almost block.

So we are improving... especially after getting blown out by the sea chickens.

I feel sorry for the chiefs come sunday :)
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This loss aint on #11

Not on Alex alone anyway. The blame can be spread around between Alex and several other players with all the turnovers we had. But I like how Alex looked like he was ready to be a hero toward the end. Unfortunately Brees and Hartley wanted to be heroes too.