There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

While IMO this was by far his best game he still has much to prove, but given that you are blaming him for the loss just shows a complete ignorance of what took place on the field and dissapoints me.
Originally posted by SS2K8:
This is the happiest i've ever seen a forum after a loss. We just lost a close game against a good team the same way we've lost close games against good teams for the last 3 or 4 years. 0-2 and we're now heading to arrowhead and the georgia dome, and we still beat ourselves.

Good team?

They are SB champs and we kicked their ass but I know what you mean
Alex was incredible tonight. Haters, STFU. The only bad pass of the game was the Gore pick, which was an incredible INT as well. He played like an all-pro tonight. Anyone that blames this on him is a lame ass hater, period.

The thing that I saw that was inspiring was him FINALLY running the ball when he had the chance to. I think he learned from week 1.

Too many positives to take from this one. We're getting rid of the nerves. We will be good, i'm confident of it now.
If he plays like that for the rest of the season we will win a lot of games
Sadly yes, tips and picks included.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
This loss aint on #11
alex played great against the sb champs on monday night, kudos.

now go into KC and beat the chiefs.
we flipping lost'

How can anyone be happy with that

If this were to happen 20 years ago i would be depressed for a week

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

And how did he loose the game? Oh yea leading his team down the field against the defending champ saints to score and the 2-point conversion. Yup he is def loosing games for us.....
I think Alex played very well today.

I just wish we had won.

Turnovers...it's just sad.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
People are forgetting the biggest thing here: Alex Smith was Accurate and made Franchise-quality throws when it counted. Take away those bad luck deflections and his QB rating would have been the best in the West this week.

Smith was vintage 2007 49ers vs Cards Alex Smith. Darting accurate throws, running out of the pocket when nothing is going on for the first down... wow.

Where has that armband been all this time!?

It's the f**king armband!
Originally posted by ZRF80:

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

I'm laughing at the deluded fools who think we're going to have the returning class of 1994 every year.

There are no more unabated glory years where we cruise to the playoffs year after year. A few teams a decade are that lucky; parity is the name of the game.

Keep your mouths shut, especially after a loss like this. Unfortunately this is the downside of the internet. I don't even have to make a threat, if you ran your mouth like this after a bar (or just about anywhere in public), you'd have your mouth shut a drunk fan would probably plop you pretty quickly.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

It is because NT has become polarized by people like you so that After every game, no matter what happened it becomes an Alex Smith sucks/Alex Smith is good battle. Also, some people are just a little bit more analytical than you obviously. Some people look at all the factors in a game. I haven't heard anyone say that the TO's were fine. But the game is over so it is time to get ready for next week. Nobody should apologize for being an optimistic fan.

Damn pathetic........

I think I would define this as an Alex Smith hater..... in no way shape or form can you call his performance poor or even mediocre. There's maybe only 2 or 3 QB performances from this week that were better than this. Brees played well but his receivers made some amazing catches.
omfg i seriously getting sicka this board everyone blaming smith wtf 3 interseptions ok 1 was smiths fault safty smith had to make he had to scramble back or it was a touchdown not smiths fault does no one give smith any f**kin credit if it wasnt for smith we woulda been well outa it also last drive was not rayes calling the plays was smith yet no one seems to credit smith for that get the f**k off smiths back and seport your team if anyones to blame for that loss it is the defence not smith it was the defence that didnt stop brees in the last drive