Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Yeah and we won the game??? Oh wait he threw 2 picks (one of which was partly his fault cuz he sucks at recognizing blitzes and then overthrew Gore). If it wasn't for Frank Gore this offense would be in deeeeeep trouble. We need a QB cuz we don't have one. Any one who thinks we have one is drinking tainted Kool-Aid again. We're 0-2 for a reason, at least this time 2 other Niners turned the ball over and screwed us up big time. I mind as well stop watching Niner games cuz they just piss me off and justifiably so, we got all this talent except at the most the important position. Bring Joe Cool out of retirement put in Troy Smith I don't care this is gone far beyond embarrassing.

BOTH were tipped in case you weren't paying attention. I saw the whole game via Veetle on my 8.1" NETBOOK and I saw it. Did you see the unblocked Defender reach his hand out and tip the Pass as it came out of Smith's hand?

~Ceadder

The first one was party on him cuz he didn't recognize the corner blitz, and then over threw Gore, and the 2nd was all his fault cuz he had Crabtree if he would of put it over the LB, but even though a Drew Brees who is supposed to be a midget compared to NFL QB's can shoot it over defenders, Alex can't. He had 2 drives worth talking about, the rest were all Gore infused, with Alex's passing being check downs and screens. Best performance ever, even if it is what the hell is that saying? He has 1 300 yard game and that was a loss against a bad secondary, gosh we needed to move on 2 years ago let alone this year and were paying for it with each passing second.
You must have missed the two Brees passes that were also batted down.

Yep they were picked off... oh wait they weren't. And one of those was by a Pro Bowl level NT, not a f'ing 2nd string level LB, pleez.

i dont know if you watched SC today but they broke it down they said it was an amazinf defensive play

and also it was a 3 step drop which has to be bulleted you cant lob a 3 step drop pass
I say that i love the niners this year!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
who is kevin harlan

He is a basketball commentator for TNT.
who is kevin harlan

A hall of fame sports caster who calls the MNF games on the radio. He does football and basketball, and maybe a few other sports as well.

http://cbskiltam.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/kevinharlan.jpg?w=309&h=482
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Yeah and we won the game??? Oh wait he threw 2 picks (one of which was partly his fault cuz he sucks at recognizing blitzes and then overthrew Gore). If it wasn't for Frank Gore this offense would be in deeeeeep trouble. We need a QB cuz we don't have one. Any one who thinks we have one is drinking tainted Kool-Aid again. We're 0-2 for a reason, at least this time 2 other Niners turned the ball over and screwed us up big time. I mind as well stop watching Niner games cuz they just piss me off and justifiably so, we got all this talent except at the most the important position. Bring Joe Cool out of retirement put in Troy Smith I don't care this is gone far beyond embarrassing.

BOTH were tipped in case you weren't paying attention. I saw the whole game via Veetle on my 8.1" NETBOOK and I saw it. Did you see the unblocked Defender reach his hand out and tip the Pass as it came out of Smith's hand?

~Ceadder

The first one was party on him cuz he didn't recognize the corner blitz, and then over threw Gore, and the 2nd was all his fault cuz he had Crabtree if he would of put it over the LB, but even though a Drew Brees who is supposed to be a midget compared to NFL QB's can shoot it over defenders, Alex can't. He had 2 drives worth talking about, the rest were all Gore infused, with Alex's passing being check downs and screens. Best performance ever, even if it is what the hell is that saying? He has 1 300 yard game and that was a loss against a bad secondary, gosh we needed to move on 2 years ago let alone this year and were paying for it with each passing second.

Yep they were picked off... oh wait they weren't. And one of those was by a Pro Bowl level NT, not a f'ing 2nd string level LB, pleez.

i dont know if you watched SC today but they broke it down they said it was an amazinf defensive play

and also it was a 3 step drop which has to be bulleted you cant lob a 3 step drop pass

Bottom line don't throw your 2nd INT when your about to go in and score, AGAIN.

~Ceadder

it wasnt his fault though its not like he meant to that Lb or d line guy ( couldnt tell i was at the game) had some hops

and its not like he broke down he led us to a score to most drives but we had some unlucky fumbles which costs some points and possestions
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
who is kevin harlan

no wonder...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fly15:
who is kevin harlan

no wonder...

His opinion matters about as much mine does.
Originally posted by fly15:
who is kevin harlan

no wonder...

He calls the game on the radio for MNF, which is a very big deal. Radio broadcasters are the best in the business, far superior to the guys on TV. Saying "No wonder" only exposes your ignorance. He is a very knowledgable football fan and he spoke about many issues and had many very good insights. If you listened to the game on the radio last night, you were listening to Harlan.
I love the 49ers every year...but it is tough love. I expect more from them.

~Ceadder

it wasnt his fault though its not like he meant to that Lb or d line guy ( couldnt tell i was at the game) had some hops

and its not like he broke down he led us to a score to most drives but we had some unlucky fumbles which costs some points and possestions

Yeah it's never Alex's fault, it's never Alex's fault never ever ever. Brees wouldn't of thrown that pick, McNabb wouldn't of thrown that pick (well maybe in the Playoffs hah), hell I don't even know if Jason Campbell would throw that pick or even Gradkowski. We needed to move on from this dummy 2 years ago and the last 2 years we should of won the NFC West, but didn't cuz we didn't and don't have a QB, same problem this year. We're gonna let f'ing Seattle win this division cuz of Alex f'ing Smith that's beyond a joke. And if it wasn't for Frank Gore we would of lost that game by at least 2 scores. He took mounds of pressure of Alex, running the ball up and down the field, playing amazing football like he usually does, giving confidence to that O-Line and softening up that defense, for Alex to well again not throw for 300 yards, and throw 2 picks jeeeeeeez I'm sick of this BS, put in Carr put in Troy Smith get Joe Cool of retirement, I don't care I'm just sick of this incompetence and at the most important position no less.
I agree with everything except an extension.

Doesn't deserve that yet. He basically won his job back last night. That's about it. He needs to be way more consistent and put some Ws in the column before we crown his a$$ with an extension.
What else was funny was listening to Dave Softy Muller go, "Wow!" "Wow!" "Wow!" as Harlan praised the 49ers. Muller is a major Seahawks homer and always dogs the 49ers. I don't think he anticipated Harlan's praise for the 49ers, especially for Alex Smith. Muller even took issue with the praise for Smith and said he would be surprised if Smith became a great QB. Harlan was clear with what he said. He made the point that Smith has looked as good as any QB in the NFL at times and thinks he will become a top-tier QB in the near future.

~Ceadder

Yeah it's never Alex's fault, it's never Alex's fault never ever ever. Brees wouldn't of thrown that pick, McNabb wouldn't of thrown that pick (well maybe in the Playoffs hah), hell I don't even know if Jason Campbell would throw that pick or even Gradkowski. We needed to move on from this dummy 2 years ago and the last 2 years we should of won the NFC West, but didn't cuz we didn't and don't have a QB, same problem this year. We're gonna let f'ing Seattle win this division cuz of Alex f'ing Smith that's beyond a joke. And if it wasn't for Frank Gore we would of lost that game by at least 2 scores. He took mounds of pressure of Alex, running the ball up and down the field, playing amazing football like he usually does, giving confidence to that O-Line and softening up that defense, for Alex to well again not throw for 300 yards, and throw 2 picks jeeeeeeez I'm sick of this BS, put in Carr put in Troy Smith get Joe Cool of retirement, I don't care I'm just sick of this incompetence and at the most important position no less.

not never

i blame the first pick on him i blame both pics last week on him (although first one blame goes on crabtree as well)

and saying he is incompetant is not very fair especially after this game atch the game he put us in aposition to win it but we failed to do so read the article on peter king (who hates smith) he said it was the teams fault we lost not smiths llisten to steve young or jaws or gruden they all said teh same thing who is more qualified them or you

granted gore played amazing and was mvp of the game but alex proved he can move the ball with his passes and in fact had much better accuracy than brees that game
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I agree with everything except an extension.

Doesn't deserve that yet. He basically won his job back last night. That's about it. He needs to be way more consistent and put some Ws in the column before we crown his a$$ with an extension.

Do you want a rookie or middle of the road, traveling vet, starting for us next year? Personally, I don't. Smith has good chemistry with Davis and it will come with the other players as well.
Share 49ersWebzone