LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the int. to gore was most definitely Smith's fault.

This. If we can cut a few of these turnovers out we will be looking good. I guess if we progress from week 2 to 3 like we did from 1 to 2 then we will murder these mof**kas!
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
It's certainly up there. Especially considering who they played.

agree. If I were to nitpick, I would say his first INT was on him, as I recall, and he dumped off WAY too often. However, he still had a great game overall. Good reads, good use of his armbands, good accuracy in last 3 quarters, and good drive to win.

I think Gore played an even better game though.

i disagree about the first pick...if gore hadn't even touched it the ball would have just been incomplete. the second INT i put squarely on Alex, he shoulda been more careful with that throw.

I don't think you can fault Gore for trying to catch it.

agree. If I were to nitpick, I would say his first INT was on him, as I recall, and he dumped off WAY too often. However, he still had a great game overall. Good reads, good use of his armbands, good accuracy in last 3 quarters, and good drive to win.

i disagree about the first pick...if gore hadn't even touched it the ball would have just been incomplete. the second INT i put squarely on Alex, he shoulda been more careful with that throw.

Gore gets a D for too much effort. He should have slacked off and not tried to finish the play of an inaccurate pass.
There is one thing to note: Alex has got to quit doing that roll right. There were two times when he had PLENTY of time and the play was blocked to perfection but he too off to the right when he didn't need to. And he still needs to run more throughout the game. That would REALLY put defenses on their heals and force them to assign a LB to him instead of a receiver.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
There is one thing to note: Alex has got to quit doing that roll right. There were two times when he had PLENTY of time and the play was blocked to perfection but he too off to the right when he didn't need to. And he still needs to run more throughout the game. That would REALLY put defenses on their heals and force them to assign a LB to him instead of a receiver.

I expect to see those runs he made be repeated in the future. Also KC will have scouted those runs and will account for that with a LB. That will open up some stuff in middle zones.
He played great. Made one glaring mistake and that was the first INT.

Other than that, he played some of the best football I've ever seen him play.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^^^^He looked really good standing in the pocket, but instead of stepping up and trusting his Oline he rolls out. Overall he did good.

[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 21, 2010 at 12:44:09 ]
Originally posted by dj43:

I expect to see those runs he made be repeated in the future. Also KC will have scouted those runs and will account for that with a LB. That will open up some stuff in middle zones.

I don't know about scouting the run just yet. That was in 2-minute drill and it's not a trend in his case yet. He's got a to torch a few teams with the run before they install any sort of measure against it.
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

Shut up man. This poll is about his individual performance. And it was a good one.

Gore gets a D for too much effort. He should have slacked off and not tried to finish the play of an inaccurate pass.

wow, im not saying its gore's fault. just an unlucky play, geez...
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

Shut up man. This poll is about his individual performance. And it was a good one.

Dude, didn't you know that Alex has telekinetic powers and yelled "BOO" in Philip Adams' brain to make him miss the punt, and shot mind bullets at Delanie Walker's hand which caused him to fumble?
  • dj43

I don't know about scouting the run just yet. That was in 2-minute drill and it's not a trend in his case yet. He's got a to torch a few teams with the run before they install any sort of measure against it.
I hope they didn't scout it, but if they did, it just means they have one more thing to defend. Either way, it is a good thing.

I hope they didn't scout it, but if they did, it just means they have one more thing to defend. Either way, it is a good thing.

on ESPN, a couple of people were saying they had no idea how fast smith was and that they don't understand why he wasn't scrambling more often.

on ESPN, a couple of people were saying they had no idea how fast smith was and that they don't understand why he wasn't scrambling more often.

Jimmy Raye and Mike Singletary...and Mike NoWin before that...
Share 49ersWebzone