LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Alex played a great one tonight we were beat by the champs tonight keep your heads up nothing wrong with that......

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

What the hell, I say lets lose all our games from here on out because; "There is nothing wrong with that."

I'm just not getting this attitude, the acceptance.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Yeah and we won the game??? Oh wait he threw 2 picks (one of which was partly his fault cuz he sucks at recognizing blitzes and then overthrew Gore). If it wasn't for Frank Gore this offense would be in deeeeeep trouble. We need a QB cuz we don't have one. Any one who thinks we have one is drinking tainted Kool-Aid again. We're 0-2 for a reason, at least this time 2 other Niners turned the ball over and screwed us up big time. I mind as well stop watching Niner games cuz they just piss me off and justifiably so, we got all this talent except at the most the important position. Bring Joe Cool out of retirement put in Troy Smith I don't care this is gone far beyond embarrassing.

• dj43
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Alex played a great one tonight we were beat by the champs tonight keep your heads up nothing wrong with that......

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

What the hell, I say lets lose all our games from here on out because; "There is nothing wrong with that."

I think you are confusing acceptance with an appreciation for the vastly improved performance by Alex Smith. They are not mutally exclusive.
Originally posted by dj43:

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

I think you are confusing acceptance with an appreciation for the vastly improved performance by Alex Smith. They are not mutally exclusive.

A loss is a loss, and I can not accept that even if Smith played an improved game.

I certainly appreciate the fact it was a much tighter loss than last week because in the 1stQ it looked like it was going to go from very bad to atrociously horrid.

However with Arrowhead & the Falcons on the horizon, how many more losses will it take to see losing for what it is?

Never the less - GO NINERS!

[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 20, 2010 at 23:15:13 ]
Originally posted by 49erFan:
In my eyes, this was hands down the best game Smith has ever played, and I'll tell you why... He competed, and fought through adversity all night long, and gave this team a chance to beat the defending champs.

I have wavered on Smith, and I don't know what the future will bring, but tonight, he looked different. He was in command, he played with an edge, and didn't sulk and give up when he had plenty of chances to.

He threw the ball with accuracy. And yes he did have a couple of poor throws, but so does Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady in any given game.

He ran the ball and made some gutsy efforts on the game's most critical drive.

The result does not take away from an absolutely gutsy performance by Smith, who looked like he was the true leader on the field tonight.

Agree or disagree?

agree--you are watching the growth of a young qb---i dont think you can put the 2007 and 2008 seasons equations because of injury, but from a lousy rookie year, to a decnt 2006 and a promising 2009, I think you have to look at the fact he has improved every year...the presence in the pocket, the quickness of release and decision making hAVE SHOWN IMPROVEMENT THIS YEAR...

BUILD AROUND THE KID AND THINGS COULD BE GOOD
alex will get better as the season goes on and we're going to destroy the chiefs
It's either this game, or the 3 TD game against the punk ass raiders in 2006.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

A loss is a loss, and I can not accept that even if Smith played an improved game.

I certainly appreciate the fact it was a much tighter loss than last week because in the 1stQ it looked like it was going to go from very bad to atrociously horrid.

However with Arrowhead & the Falcons on the horizon, how many more losses will it take to see losing for what it is?

Never the less - GO NINERS!
Nobody is asking you to accept a loss. I certainly don't like it. However, this thread is about Alex Smith, not the nature of fans in the 'zone.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
...He competed, and fought through adversity all night long, and gave this team a chance to beat the defending champs.

The result does not take away from an absolutely gutsy performance by Smith, who looked like he was the true leader on the field tonight.

Agree or disagree?

Agree. To me, Alex took control and with this type of leadership, he should be driving the offensive plays instead of relying on Beavis and Butthead on the sidelines.

The one bright spot this season might be the emergence of our core QB for the next decade...again, that is a might.

The core is forming, it shan't be long till we deduce these past few seasons into true form of red and gold. But first we need to trim the coaching staff - starting with Sing.

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

The Saints are the best team in the NFL. We were expected to lose. We weren't expected to look good in a loss, however.

The acceptance is there because the Saints are a powerhouse team. We don't have any team harder than them remaining on the schedule. Because of that, things are looking up. Now, every single game on the schedule looks winnable as opposed to last week, when every team on the schedule seemed to have a shot at beating us.

Originally posted by 49erRider:

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

The Saints are the best team in the NFL. We were expected to lose. We weren't expected to look good in a loss, however.

The acceptance is there because the Saints are a powerhouse team. We don't have any team harder than them remaining on the schedule. Because of that, things are looking up. Now, every single game on the schedule looks winnable as opposed to last week, when every team on the schedule seemed to have a shot at beating us.

if the the saints are truly the best team then why are people assuming we go 0-4 after kc & atl when this game went to the wire?
It wasn't Alex's best performance statistically obviously. That said, this was the FIRST time where I finished watching the game feeling confident in Alex leading us.

I think many fans feel the same way. This was a new Alex Smith in terms of leadership, and a guy who (like Steve Young said tonight) who decided, "enough is enough."
Originally posted by craigyboy:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Word.

Shut this sucka down.

if the the saints are truly the best team then why are people assuming we go 0-4 after kc & atl when this game went to the wire?

one word - Senility
  • dj43
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
It wasn't Alex's best performance statistically obviously. That said, this was the FIRST time where I finished watching the game feeling confident in Alex leading us.

I think many fans feel the same way. This was a new Alex Smith in terms of leadership, and a guy who (like Steve Young said tonight) who decided, "enough is enough."
Best news of the night.
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

We'll just have to learn to live with your disappointment.
Share 49ersWebzone