Alex Smith's Best Performance Ever?

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Brees had a 108.9 rating 2 TDs and zero INTs.

Smith had a 82.2 1 TD and 2 INTs

Yeah Alex outplayed him Brees

Alex Smith 23/32 = 72% Completion percentage

Drew Brees 28/38 = 74 Completion percentage

Alex Smith = 1 TD 2 INT's

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Alex Smith = 275 passing yards

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

f**k the passer rating. Alex was almost dead even with Drew Brees besides the two INT's which were NOT Alex's fault by the way.

Bad throw to gore, and he threw with the DE in his way. it was a timing play gone bad, but he did force it. Shoulda pulled the ball down

lmao he didnt force s**t. Staley tried to block the guy who tipped it playing in zone coverage. Staley played too aggressively on that one. And you can't predict who's gonna throw their hand up and when... Alex didn't "force" anything on that play.

That guy was either dropping into coverage or that was the best block Staley has ever thrown. Alex forced it

lol. it was great defensive play. nothing more.
Originally posted by boast:

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

f**k the passer rating. Alex was almost dead even with Drew Brees besides the two INT's which were NOT Alex's fault by the way.

Bad throw to gore, and he threw with the DE in his way. it was a timing play gone bad, but he did force it. Shoulda pulled the ball down

lmao he didnt force s**t. Staley tried to block the guy who tipped it playing in zone coverage. Staley played too aggressively on that one. And you can't predict who's gonna throw their hand up and when... Alex didn't "force" anything on that play.

That guy was either dropping into coverage or that was the best block Staley has ever thrown. Alex forced it

lol exactly. Alex would have forced it if he had thrown it into triple coverage with 6 defender hands in the air trying to knock it down or get a pick.

anything but a force. defender timed it perfectly.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

LOL, watch the play again. You are making s**t up
alex smith and patrick willis cost the 49ers this game.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.
The most important thing to come out of this game is the affirmation that if the offensive COACHING STAFF does its job, Smith can do his. He repeatedly had time to adjust protection and move players around to take advantage of the defense. Baas also had time to make his adjustments.

It was not just by sheer will power that the OL look great tonight. It was because there was usually 15+ seconds still on the clock when they got to the line. That allowed time to make adjustments that were not possible last week. With that kind of time, the offense can operate with a lot more confidence and efficiency.

This too.

I love that there was what ONE penalty on an Offensive Lineman all game long? And it was on Snyder?

That really means a lot for this team when they can keep their shat wired that tight for the bulk of the game. Our Big Uglies were wreckin shat tonite.

~Ceadder
Another thing that helped tonight was that the OL tightened up their splits. Last week they were taking wider splits and Seattle was jumping into the gaps. Tonight there were no gaps to jump into. Everyone was in tighter and there was no room for defenders to penetrate and pressure Alex or jump the running plays.

Little stuff that wins a game...

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

lol exactly. Alex would have forced it if he had thrown it into triple coverage with 6 defender hands in the air trying to knock it down or get a pick.

I just dont think he had the lane, especially after Staley nudged him.

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

regardless the defender made a play.
I've been on Alex's nuts through the good and the bad. Who am i kidding most of it was bad. I see my faith wasn't in vain. I gave up on god before i gave up on A.D. Smith. We've been 2-0 which lead to s**t, i hope 0-2 gets better down the line, i hope we are at least at .500 after week 6.
I think it was. He is definitely not the weak link on this team. Maybe the coaching staff, maybe the special teams, but either way, we are close. If we play this well against the remainder of our schedule, we are going to win 10 games.

??? We are 0-2 and I'm saying 10 wins?
  • dj43

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

It wasn't Staley's fault. He is supposed to attack the DE aggressively to force their hands down. Unfortunately, in this case Dunbar was dropping into coverage and Staley could not follow him more than five yards up the field.

It was a good call by Greg Williams and a terrific athletic play by Dunbar.

Sometimes you just have to give the opponent credit for excellence.

[ Edited by dj43 on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:51:00 ]

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

lol I know, how can you force a pass into an open passing lane to an open receiver running a slant? I just watched the replay of that play and DE dropped into coverage and made an athletic play on the ball to tip it.

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

Yep and are guys didnt. We probably shoulda had 2 picks. Mannys for sure

Drew Brees = 2 TD's

Drew Brees = 254 Yards

Yep and are guys didnt. We probably shoulda had 2 picks. Mannys for sure

Yeah the manny one was a killer.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This poll is a joke......

Niner fans dissapoint me.

Smith puts up stats, but still loses the game for us and he is cheered. Meanwhile the guy who didn't put up the huge stats won.

This is the "new" Niner fanbase, brother. Where mediocrity is "acceptable" and moral victories can still be found in losing efforts. I dont know what happened to the old Niner faithful (maybe they just dont know how to use the internet), but I find it laughable that the team can be lauded in a losing effort.

Damn pathetic........

Gotta agree..

Alex's career has looked so inconsistent up to this point that any of sign of good QB play is praised. This decent performance doesn't erase the Seattle game and doesn't make up for the last 5 years.

He still has a LONG way to go, but I liked what I saw tonight.

He needs to do it CONSISTENTLY to get my respect. I'm not lowering my standards for anybody.
The most important thing to come out of this game is the affirmation that if the offensive COACHING STAFF does its job, Smith can do his. He repeatedly had time to adjust protection and move players around to take advantage of the defense. Baas also had time to make his adjustments.

It was not just by sheer will power that the OL look great tonight. It was because there was usually 15+ seconds still on the clock when they got to the line. That allowed time to make adjustments that were not possible last week. With that kind of time, the offense can operate with a lot more confidence and efficiency.

This too.

I love that there was what ONE penalty on an Offensive Lineman all game long? And it was on Snyder?

That really means a lot for this team when they can keep their shat wired that tight for the bulk of the game. Our Big Uglies were wreckin shat tonite.

~Ceadder
Another thing that helped tonight was that the OL tightened up their splits. Last week they were taking wider splits and Seattle was jumping into the gaps. Tonight there were no gaps to jump into. Everyone was in tighter and there was no room for defenders to penetrate and pressure Alex or jump the running plays.

Little stuff that wins a game...

Bingo! Excellent insight - great post.
Yeah and we won the game??? Oh wait he threw 2 picks (one of which was partly his fault cuz he sucks at recognizing blitzes and then overthrew Gore). If it wasn't for Frank Gore this offense would be in deeeeeep trouble. We need a QB cuz we don't have one. Any one who thinks we have one is drinking tainted Kool-Aid again. We're 0-2 for a reason, at least this time 2 other Niners turned the ball over and screwed us up big time. I mind as well stop watching Niner games cuz they just piss me off and justifiably so, we got all this talent except at the most the important position. Bring Joe Cool out of retirement put in Troy Smith I don't care this is gone far beyond embarrassing.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Yeah and we won the game??? Oh wait he threw 2 picks (one of which was partly his fault cuz he sucks at recognizing blitzes and then overthrew Gore). If it wasn't for Frank Gore this offense would be in deeeeeep trouble. We need a QB cuz we don't have one. Any one who thinks we have one is drinking tainted Kool-Aid again. We're 0-2 for a reason, at least this time 2 other Niners turned the ball over and screwed us up big time. I mind as well stop watching Niner games cuz they just piss me off and justifiably so, we got all this talent except at the most the important position. Bring Joe Cool out of retirement put in Troy Smith I don't care this is gone far beyond embarrassing.

You will drink the tainted Kool-Aid and like it.
Share 49ersWebzone