LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

So many mistakes in this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
the team cant trust him when it counts
*Sniff Sniff... Whats that STENCH?!

Smells like Delanie Walker's in the doghouse!!!

My personal doghouse at least
  • Jiks
Don't forget the int. dropped by Manny. I clasify that as a mistake as well. That helped them get a t.d. Also Haralson with the late hit on the QB. Both plays would've gotten the defense off the field but instead led to points.

My point is that we need to make or not make those plays if we want to beat a good team like this. Saints made those plays and that is why they got the W.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
4 turnovers and a safety and we only lose by 3 to the Super Bowl champs. It just shows how much potential we have as a team. I'm not too bummed about the loss but it only means something if we grow from it.

I am tired of hearing about POTENTIAL. This game was ours for the taking, and we proved that we are not ready to take the next step and be a good team.
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Yes there were many mistakes but in the end we needed 8 points.

The offense delivered.

Now we need the defense to stop them.

The defense failed to deliver.

Great game! But it all came down to the last possession.

Not true, the defense delivered by keeping the saints high powered offense under control. Not only that, but they stopped the saints in the 2nd half to a few key 3 and outs.
add to the list, the inexplicable delay of game? was that on VD? still haven't heard an explanation, but he was the last guy out
  • Jiks
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Yes there were many mistakes but in the end we needed 8 points.

The offense delivered.

Now we need the defense to stop them.

The defense failed to deliver.

Great game! But it all came down to the last possession.

Not true, the defense delivered by keeping the saints high powered offense under control. Not only that, but they stopped the saints in the 2nd half to a few key 3 and outs.

Do you not think the defense deserves some fault for letting them score with a little over a minute left after our offense tied the game?
I think I put the blame on both the defense and the offense. The offense for causing 4 TOs (one fumble which we recovered) and one Special Teams TO, but also the defense for not stopping the Saints when we needed it the most. Not to mention causing any TOs. The Saints didn't even fumble it once.

Great teams play the best in crunch time. The Niners gave up 40 yards with 80 seconds left in the game.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigmike55:
You cannot turn the ball over at critical points in a game against the defending world champs and expect to win the game.

Baas- bad snap
Alex- overthrows gore for the pick
Walker- fumble in the redzone
Alex- int in the redzone
Philip Adams- muffed punt

Our defense kept us in that game, and I'll admit Alex had a good drive to tie the game. In the end, we killed ourselves with all those turnovers and mistakes.

dont forget bad calls/non-calls.

one that sticks out to me is blow to Alex head after he threw the ball. the same call the penalized 15yds for...they didnt call on alex.
What I posted on a thread on the 49ers.com board.

This team was full of mental mistakes and beat themselves for the second straight week.

Phillip Adams... why are you catching a punt in the wind 2 feet from the out of bounce line?

David Baas... Seriously, that kind of snap you would see at a high school game. Heck, probably even pop warner. One of if not the highest snap I have seen since I started watching football 17 years ago.

Vernon Davis.... why did you forget to come out on the field... cost us a delay of game?

Defense.... how many times did we have 12 people in the huddle?

Alex Smith... Not sure if it was the wind but the pass was wide to Gore. The other INT was probably on the money to Crabtree but the LB just made a great play.

Walker... one of those like VD use to have in his early days... fighting for extra yards and loses the ball

Frank Gore got lucky and somehow manages to get a fumble recovery of his own with one arm (the defender had the other arm pinned)

A couple of other penalties... think Lawson gave them a free first down by being offsides...

BOTTOM LINE: WE CAN BE A PRETTY GOOD TEAM IF WE STOP BEATING OURSELVES... P.S. Keep the armband... The play calling was better and the OL played well after struggling early on.

I have seen this team have a great promising game in the past and get our hopes up like, wow... we can be a great team and then the next week go back to looking hopeless again. AT KC and AT ATL is pretty tough but if we play like I know we are capable of we can win both games.

Alex gave this team a chance to win. I will fault him on the Gore interception because it could've been a better throw. But the other one.. Folks I thought we had six when Crab was streaking across the middle. The Saints LB Mitchell made a downright outstanding play stretching that arm out. It was a freak play. He flapped the arm out as soon as Alex launched the ball. Nothing but sheer happenstance on that pick, but a huge game-changer nonetheless.

Take away any of the mistakes we made today, and we win.

Baas' safety -- Saints 20, 49ers 21. (We probably run the clock down some, get the TD, kick the XP instead of going for two at the end.)

Deflected passes -- yes, if Gore doesn't touch it, it's incomplete and we still probably walk away with at least 3 that drive. The other one.. really unavoidable with the way it happened.

Adams dropped the punt, stared at the ball and watched it get recovered, and gave New Orleans 3 points.

Walker's fumble. We were inside the ten. THE TEN. He flailed the ball around all game even on kickoffs and scared me to death out there. He cost us at least 3 more points.

Lawson drops what would seem like an easy interception -- it was right to him. I believe that was on a Saints touchdown drive. Take away seven from the Saints, and we win this game.

We can't keep doing this. Not just taking scoring chances from ourselves, but GIVING the opponents easy points that they don't even have to work for.

If you take one of those mistakes away -- just one -- we probably win this game.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 20, 2010 at 22:09:54 ]
I am so sick that fours mistakes in this games.. that is sad! but the 49ers are doin good job better than last year!
The mistakes are going to give me grey hairs. Also, it seems like we have a lot of bad luck... tips that go right to defenders, etc.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
But its been these same mistakes year,after year, after year. Im tired of losing the close ones. I love this team and was happy with the overall performance, but when will this end? We have to stop beating ourselves. We moved the ball at will tonight and kept giving it up. Without Ted Ginn we are screwed.

As far as next week goes Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL and we have historically been bad there. The Chiefs are 2-0 i am very nervous about next weeks game.

We played at Seattle already, the Niners know what to expect at Arrowhead. We are gonna be one pissed off team next sunday. Watch out.
Every unit deserves blame.
Nedney punt after the 2 point safety was pathetic. Adams muff was a back breaker in that wind stay away from the ball it will go out of bounds. We allowed too many good returns

Defense did a great job until the final 1:19 felt like the Vikings game all over again play soft rush 3 (accept one play) than we give up a 30 yard pass.

Offense Walker has to hold on to the ball did you see the way he was carried it? Alex and Frank are both to blame on his 1 int. the other pick was a great play by NO.

I have preached for years about turnovers make or break a season tonight is a good example of that.
Share 49ersWebzone