LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

So many mistakes in this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You cannot turn the ball over at critical points in a game against the defending world champs and expect to win the game.

Baas- bad snap
Alex- overthrows gore for the pick
Walker- fumble in the redzone
Alex- int in the redzone
Philip Adams- muffed punt

Our defense kept us in that game, and I'll admit Alex had a good drive to tie the game. In the end, we killed ourselves with all those turnovers and mistakes.
4 turnovers and a safety and we only lose by 3 to the Super Bowl champs. It just shows how much potential we have as a team. I'm not too bummed about the loss but it only means something if we grow from it.
Yes there were many mistakes but in the end we needed 8 points.

The offense delivered.

Now we need the defense to stop them.

The defense failed to deliver.

Great game! But it all came down to the last possession.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
You cannot turn the ball over at critical points in a game against the defending world champs and expect to win the game.

Baas- bad snap
Alex- int in the redzone

Our defense kept us in that game, and I'll admit Alex had a good drive to tie the game. In the end, we killed ourselves with all those turnovers and mistakes.

just hating

fyi, alex didnt lose this game
We're still 0-2
Originally posted by TDNiners:

The offense delivered.

Can't really fault the defense. They played a great game, and didn't make any big mistakes. The special teams play and turnovers killed it. Defense played as well as any unit could have against the Saints.
Originally posted by trogdor:

The offense delivered.

Can't really fault the defense. They played a great game, and didn't make any big mistakes. The special teams play and turnovers killed it. Defense played as well as any unit could have against the Saints.

But even after everything that happened it comes down to can you get me 8 points

Yes.

Can you stop them after that.

No.

The catch game - Montana got the score, defense stopped them at the 50.

It doesn't matter what came before that.

Again, - SB game - Montana need a TD and he delivered. Now defense has to stop them (of course there only 30 something seconds left).

Again, all of the mistakes before that drive didn't matter. Get me 7, then stop them

Mission accomplish
Originally posted by tjd808185:
4 turnovers and a safety and we only lose by 3 to the Super Bowl champs. It just shows how much potential we have as a team. I'm not too bummed about the loss but it only means something if we grow from it.
But its been these same mistakes year,after year, after year. Im tired of losing the close ones. I love this team and was happy with the overall performance, but when will this end? We have to stop beating ourselves. We moved the ball at will tonight and kept giving it up. Without Ted Ginn we are screwed.

As far as next week goes Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL and we have historically been bad there. The Chiefs are 2-0 i am very nervous about next weeks game.
does Delanie Walker have a serious issue of fumbilitis or what?! Everytime he touches the ball i get nervous because he just dangles it out there!!! WTH!!!

Yes, we might as well just replace him with Byham.
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Baas- bad snap
Alex- int in the redzone

just hating

fyi, alex didnt lose this game

wait a second, he didn't accuse alex of losing the game. are we overly defensive of mr. smith? as impressive as he was tonight, he turns over the ball too much, just like the rest of the team. its true--who would have thought the niners could even come close to beating the world champions down 4-0 in turnovers?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yes, we might as well just replace him with Byham.

We might as well! i dont care how fast Walker is he has proved time and time again that he cant hold on to the ball and im sick of it. Replacing him with Byham sounds like a pretty good alternative right about now
No Im always worried when he touches the ball.
Originally posted by trogdor:

The offense delivered.

But even after everything that happened it comes down to can you get me 8 points

Yes.

Can you stop them after that.

No.

The catch game - Montana got the score, defense stopped them at the 50.

It doesn't matter what came before that.

Again, - SB game - Montana need a TD and he delivered. Now defense has to stop them (of course there only 30 something seconds left).

Again, all of the mistakes before that drive didn't matter. Get me 7, then stop them

Mission accomplish

The entire team should be held accountable, not just one unit.

If the offense hadn't turned the ball in the red zone twice, the game would've been dramatically in our favor (assuming we score SOMETHING). If they hadn't botched a snap and lead to a safety, the Saints wouldn't have gone up by 2 (in a game that ended closely, that matters!).

The defense played well most of the game, but they failed to stop the Saints in the end.

The special teams units muffed some punts, losing one.
Share 49ersWebzone