LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

CB Tramaine Brock signed to 53. Briggs cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by backontop:
We need help in the secondary for this game especially with adams having a hurt hammy and plus with Brooks coming back tonight there is no need for brooks

I thought Adams hammy was find now?

The Jets thought Revis' hammy was fine too but he tweeked it in yesterdays game. Im sure this is just for insurance jsut in case Adams tweeks it or something,

Adam's will mainly be used as a returner though.

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

That means CB Tramaine Brock will be active for tonight's game w/ Will James out and Phillip Adams questionable. Brock might be 4th corner.

I can almost guarantee that they will exploit this and have 3 or 4 WR sets all night! Brees will eat us alive if our CBs cant hold up.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I understand the need for more CBs, but Brock? Really? I don't understand this move at all. It isn't worth the risk of loosing Briggs IMO.

If Brock gets on the field, he will get owned. Plain and simple. R. Smith has a better shot at covering the Saints #4 or #5 WR than Brock does.

Cutting Briggs and bringing Brock up from the PS will not help the Niners.

Yeah it is a risk. The only thing i can think of is Adams is not available to play tonight and they need another corner with Will James also being out. Still, like you said Reggie Smith is basically like an extra corner so it really does not make much sense.

Really worried about our PR situation if Adams is out

Ya, they're screwed. I think I'll go back to what I did last season during punt returns..........................drop to my knees and pray that we don't fumble.
Can someone explain why we would promote a guy who won't suit-up?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe that James guy is playing.
  • bret
  • Veteran
They're now saying Brock won't be active (check both Matts' Twitters). So I'm guessing that means some team was sniffing around (maybe the Jets) to try to sign Brock.
they just brought him up in case adams couldn't go but it looks like hes good to go
Originally posted by bret:
They're now saying Brock won't be active (check both Matts' Twitters). So I'm guessing that means some team was sniffing around (maybe the Jets) to try to sign Brock.

f**k the jets
Just read Brock will be inactive tonight, so this move really made no sense.
this is retarded. Briggs is a baller. The Niners might end up regretting that move!

Originally posted by oregondave:
this is retarded. Briggs is a baller. The Niners might end up regretting that move!
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by oregondave:

I think he'll end up on the PS no problem. This move made sense because Adams was a game time decision and James was definitely out. We needed another DB just in case.
Brock with the game winning pick six tonight?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Brock with the game winning pick six tonight?

not unless he's playing the lotto. he's inactive.
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe Brock is Singletary's son that he fathered when he was in college.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone