LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

CB Tramaine Brock signed to 53. Briggs cut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by valrod33:
We need help in the secondary for this game especially with adams having a hurt hammy and plus with Brooks coming back tonight there is no need for brooks

I thought Adams hammy was find now?

The Jets thought Revis' hammy was fine too but he tweeked it in yesterdays game. Im sure this is just for insurance jsut in case Adams tweeks it or something,
Originally posted by Afrikan:
We need help in the secondary for this game especially with adams having a hurt hammy and plus with Brooks coming back tonight there is no need for brooks

Invalrod?

lol...jk, but yeah I like Brock compared to Brown.

its quite the paradox, that with brooks back there is no need for brooks. its singletary logic!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
We need help in the secondary for this game especially with adams having a hurt hammy and plus with Brooks coming back tonight there is no need for briggs

Invalrod?

lol...jk, but yeah I like Brock compared to Brown.

oops I meant briggs

The Jets thought Revis' hammy was fine too but he tweeked it in yesterdays game. Im sure this is just for insurance jsut in case Adams tweeks it or something,

Adam's will mainly be used as a returner though.

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

That means CB Tramaine Brock will be active for tonight's game w/ Will James out and Phillip Adams questionable. Brock might be 4th corner.

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

That means CB Tramaine Brock will be active for tonight's game w/ Will James out and Phillip Adams questionable. Brock might be 4th corner.

I really need to get on the Matt Maiocco thing. I am always the last to know.

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows
http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN

There, now you'll be as caught up as the rest of us.
Originally posted by Lyrcurguz:

Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows
http://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN

There, now you'll be as caught up as the rest of us.

thanks
I guess it makes sense, we were long on LB and short on DB's, and we will need all we can get tonight.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Smart move. Briggs won't get any PT behind Brooks and Laboy.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You know the saints will be picking on him tonight.
wonder if MD still thinks it was a bad move to keep Brock?
Originally posted by Hopper:
Smart move. Briggs won't get any PT behind Brooks and Laboy.

Can we send down Lawson and Haralson and start Brooks and LaBoy and use Briggs to spell both of them? Hmmm...the best cure for an injured secondary is a FT pass rush!
I understand the need for more CBs, but Brock? Really? I don't understand this move at all. It isn't worth the risk of loosing Briggs IMO.

If Brock gets on the field, he will get owned. Plain and simple. R. Smith has a better shot at covering the Saints #4 or #5 WR than Brock does.

Cutting Briggs and bringing Brock up from the PS will not help the Niners.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I understand the need for more CBs, but Brock? Really? I don't understand this move at all. It isn't worth the risk of loosing Briggs IMO.

If Brock gets on the field, he will get owned. Plain and simple. R. Smith has a better shot at covering the Saints #4 or #5 WR than Brock does.

Cutting Briggs and bringing Brock up from the PS will not help the Niners.

Yeah it is a risk. The only thing i can think of is Adams is not available to play tonight and they need another corner with Will James also being out. Still, like you said Reggie Smith is basically like an extra corner so it really does not make much sense.

Really worried about our PR situation if Adams is out
Share 49ersWebzone