LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Willis is overrated and overvalued

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As a true niner fan, the truth must be told. Im tired of Willis getting a pass week after week for poor performance in crucial times.

First, I know I'm going after the fan base "Messiah" in Patrick Willis.
I'm not saying that he is not a good player.... but he is simply not the best middle linebacker in the game. Thats RAY LEWIS at 35 years old and its not even close. But for as much love Willis gets from the media and blind fan base, you would think he is the greatest middle linebacker in nfl history. In my opinion, he is not even better than Brian Urlacher when he was in his prime. Also, in the 3-4 defense, the middle linebacker is one of the least important position on the field. Definitely after, NT,OLB,and CB.
Frankly, I take at least 5 players in nfl that are better defensive player/more important players to their team than Willis. Mario Williams, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Nnamdi Asamougha, Darrell Revis.
Also, Willis has been on the team for 3 years now...... The defense has never ranked in the top ten in overall defense, they can never stop a team in the 4th quarter from scoring when the game is in the balance, and when a team takes the lead .....the defense usually folds like a cheap suit.

THE DEFENSE IS FULL OF FRONT RUNNING PLAYERS. and that reflects Willis in a bad light. WE NEED TO OPEN OUR EYES AND BE HONEST!!!!!

I would have traded Willis for Revis straight up, BUT THE JETS WOULD NEVER DO THAT TRADE.
IT'S OBVIOUS...DON'T FEED. JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE :p
he joined september 8th, 2010.

Obviously a troll or someone who was banned and is back, or an idiot.

Not sure which.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
IT'S OBVIOUS...DON'T FEED. JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE :p

but I am a hippie and I need to feed poor starving creatures when I encounter them
The truth must be said....This fanbase sometimes live in la-la land when its comes to the players.
I hella forgot Willis was the one biting on pump fakes and allowing two touchdowns
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Not sure which.

Well obviously an idiot but is he something more.....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We should cut him asap.

Not sure which.

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by boast:

Originally posted by darkknight49:

^^

• boast
  • Hella Fame
the OP is comedy gold.

You know what F**K that, this guy is right......Willis is such a little B***H! I mean he just get burned by WRs all day. The guy has never had a 10+ sack season, he hasn't scored a TD this year, and he hasn't made a pro bowl since last year. I'm sick of these lazy f**king players like Willis who don't put anything into preparation.

Not sure which.

AB83Rules stick to cap numbers because I know you overvalue players all time. Your one of many fools who taught Shaun Hill was the next Joe Montana.
Originally posted by nyc49erking:
As a true niner fan, the truth must be told. Im tired of Willis getting a pass week after week for poor performance in crucial times.

First, I know I'm going after the fan base "Messiah" in Patrick Willis.
I'm not saying that he is not a good player.... but he is simply not the best middle linebacker in the game. Thats RAY LEWIS at 35 years old and its not even close. But for as much love Willis gets from the media and blind fan base, you would think he is the greatest middle linebacker in nfl history. In my opinion, he is not even better than Brian Urlacher when he was in his prime. Also, in the 3-4 defense, the middle linebacker is one of the least important position on the field. Definitely after, NT,OLB,and CB.
Frankly, I take at least 5 players in nfl that are better defensive player/more important players to their team than Willis. Mario Williams, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Nnamdi Asamougha, Darrell Revis.
Also, Willis has been on the team for 3 years now...... The defense has never ranked in the top ten in overall defense, they can never stop a team in the 4th quarter from scoring when the game is in the balance, and when a team takes the lead .....the defense usually folds like a cheap suit.

THE DEFENSE IS FULL OF FRONT RUNNING PLAYERS. and that reflects Willis in a bad light. WE NEED TO OPEN OUR EYES AND BE HONEST!!!!!

I would have traded Willis for Revis straight up, BUT THE JETS WOULD NEVER DO THAT TRADE.

Saw you on tv last week.
Share 49ersWebzone