There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Agony of being a young 49er fan

So it dawned on me today.. the last time the 49ers went to the playoffs I was 12 years old. I mean sure the 49ers 8 year playoff drought applies to everybody and not just me, obviously. But i never had the honor of seeing (and understanding) the glory days, so the winning, feel good story of the 49ers all seems so foreign to me. Im just being honest. Im referring to Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Deon Saunders, those days. I just didnt experience it. The closest thing to those days that i have fresh in my mind are those Garcia, Owens, and Hearst. But i know for a fact that that pales in comparison.

Im so anxious for a winning season, as well as the playoffs. I guess i'll just have to do what i always do. which is wait lol
Same her my man. I turn 20 on friday so i missed that great era. But the one good thing is no one can tell you your a bandwagon fan for missing all of the glory days. Ive only been around where i can actually realize whats going on and enjoy it to its fullest while theyve been decent and lame.
im 18 so i missed the era of teh niners too
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
Ive only been around where i can actually realize whats going on and enjoy it to its fullest while theyve been decent and lame.

Haha well said. That pretty much sums it up lol
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Indeed
I remember the 94 Bowch. That's when I became a fan. I was 13 years old. I at least experienced the last of the dynasty years.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would rather be a young fan than one for over 35 years, then I would think 8-8 was something to be excited about and not so pissed off as I have been lately.
Same boat. I'm 19, and I started following in 2004....
Originally posted by The_Distort:

Maaaan.... What a bad year to just start being a 9er fan lol! Much respect to you for REMAINING a fan considering when you started!

Major props to you man. MAJOR
I am so grateful I became a niner fan at age 2. I missed the Montana days in earnest, but at least I can say I saw two of his SB wins (even if I didn't get the significance), and Steve Young was my whole childhood. So even though I missed the height of the glory days, I do know what it was like to expect to win the SB every year, and for the 49ers to be the envy of the NFL. These days it's hard for me to believe this is the same franchise I grew up with. The last time we were in the playoffs, I was 16, which seems like a real long time ago when I think about it.

At least our age group can never be called bandwagoners, I suppose...

damn dude, how you didnt become a patriots fan is mind boggling
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

At least our age group can never be called bandwagoners, I suppose...

You can say that again. 2004 to 2005 was the lowest i can ever remember it. It was THE worst. I say anyone that makes it through that is a real fan, in my humble opinion. Real fans stay through the good and bad
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

damn dude, how you didnt become a patriots fan is mind boggling

THIS

Same here man.
im 18, started being a 9er fan in 2004

never gonna give up, 49ers allll daayy