LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Should we have kept Martz??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
With all the weapons we have on offense, makes me wonder if we should have kept Martz. Look at what he's done in Chicago. Kudos to them beating the Cowboys today. With the weapons we have on offense, thats the type of system we need to be running. We should have kept Martz......I for one hated the decision to let him go. Love Sing.....but hated his decision to fire Martz. His system gaurantees points. Raye's is hit and miss. Just being smash mouth just isn't enough nowadays.

On paper we have a great OLine....but I don't think it will be to its potential this season, the season which everyone is expecting the niners to get into the playoffs.

I really hope I'm wrong though.........BEAT THE SAINTS!!

[ Edited by Baldie on Sep 19, 2010 at 21:14:52 ]
Cutler is lucky he survived the 1st quarter.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Cutler is lucky he survived the 1st quarter.

Yeah your right, but when they made some adjusements, they got it going.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
We should have NOT let Sing scare off Linehan.

But yes, Martz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy Raye.
Originally posted by A-R-S:

No!

Martz doesn't utilize TE's well, and a Martz run offense usually results in league leading in sacks allowed.
With Martz Davis' receiving talents would have never never been realized.

So no.
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
No!

Martz doesn't utilize TE's well, and a Martz run offense usually results in league leading in sacks allowed.

Did you hear when they said Martz said hes never had a TE as fast as olson
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Cutler >>>>> you know who, too.
hell no, Alex would be on the sideline so quick.

And yeah, that is ludicrious about Olsen being so fast even faster than Vernon. VD is truly a beast of an athlete and is finally showing it.

No

Chicago is much better fit for him. Fast receivers, big armed quarterback. We just didn't have that here and while he did an okay job he just didn't fit in.
the mods need to start handing out stiff penalties to numb-nuts for starting retarded threads without using any common sense or judgment to how this is necessary.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
No

Chicago is much better fit for him. Fast receivers, big armed quarterback. We just didn't have that here and while he did an okay job he just didn't fit in.

i think alex wouldve done better under martz system than shaun hill was i was in favor of keeping marz then and if its him or raye i would choose martz
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
No!

Did you hear when they said Martz said hes never had a TE as fast as olson

Martz also said that Alex was "One of the best quarterbacks he had ever coached" in 2008 before Smith's injury.
Share 49ersWebzone