The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Compare who the 49ers have played versus the rest of the division. And realize that the teams who have won, have won in fluky fashion, thank you SD special teams, thank you Janikowski, thank you St. Louis, thank you San Francisco for kicking your own ass, etc. etc.

Yeah I just love how none of the other teams in our division have had to play at the 2 loudest stadiums in the NFL and then the superbowl champs at home. Schedule maker is an a*****e.

We won't be saying that weeks 6-17! Don't forget that. And don't forget that the rest of our division is a giant stinking turd.

I dunno, I think Seattle is pretty good. They have a good offense and their play calling is good, plus they have a veteran QB and some decent WRs. They're not great but they might be better than us. Plus they have Leon Washington who is pretty explosive.

I live in Seattle. I've watched all three games. I was even at the 49ers game against them. Their offense sucks. They got 2 100 yard returns on kickoffs for TD yesterday and San Dieog killed themselves time and time again. Not only that, but Seattle gave up over 400 yards of offense in the second half!

Yeah but we're finding excuses why other teams won(even though I'll admit they played worse teams than we did for the most part) and excuses why we lost, when the scoreboard says we're 2 back of them.

It isn't about making excuses. It is about compiling facts and information that can help us see what could transpire down the stretch. Ya dig?
Compare who the 49ers have played versus the rest of the division. And realize that the teams who have won, have won in fluky fashion, thank you SD special teams, thank you Janikowski, thank you St. Louis, thank you San Francisco for kicking your own ass, etc. etc.

Yeah I just love how none of the other teams in our division have had to play at the 2 loudest stadiums in the NFL and then the superbowl champs at home. Schedule maker is an a*****e.

We won't be saying that weeks 6-17! Don't forget that. And don't forget that the rest of our division is a giant stinking turd.

I dunno, I think Seattle is pretty good. They have a good offense and their play calling is good, plus they have a veteran QB and some decent WRs. They're not great but they might be better than us. Plus they have Leon Washington who is pretty explosive.

I live in Seattle. I've watched all three games. I was even at the 49ers game against them. Their offense sucks. They got 2 100 yard returns on kickoffs for TD yesterday and San Dieog killed themselves time and time again. Not only that, but Seattle gave up over 400 yards of offense in the second half!

Yeah but we're finding excuses why other teams won(even though I'll admit they played worse teams than we did for the most part) and excuses why we lost, when the scoreboard says we're 2 back of them.

It isn't about making excuses. It is about compiling facts and information that can help us see what could transpire down the stretch. Ya dig?

Yeah but we had opportunities before and we don't capitalize so I'm weary of expecting this team to capitalize when we play worse teams. We have the most unprepared team in the NFL. Other teams might be easier but we also have to actually beat them because they're professional athletes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades/week3

That says we have the most unprepared coaching staff in the NFL.

Yeah but we had opportunities before and we don't capitalize so I'm weary of expecting this team to capitalize when we play worse teams. We have the most unprepared team in the NFL. Other teams might be easier but we also have to actually beat them because they're professional athletes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/grades/week3

That says we have the most unprepared coaching staff in the NFL.

A few weeks ago, the Seahawks looked like the most unprepared team in the NFL after they cut several key veterans, and their offensive line coach resigned 12 or so days before the season began. Things change in a hurry in the NFL, ya dig?
There are a heck of a lot of games that I just don't see the Seahawks winning, and I doubt the Cardinals will be much of a threat either. This post is not to say "We have a chance!" but more just to analyze what we might expect from the rest of the division. Our team has to take care of it's own business, but looking at the schedules., 8-8 could be what wins the division, sadly. No one in the NFC West will have a cake walk to a winning record.

49ers:
@ Falcons
vs Eagles
vs Raiders
@ Panthers
vs Broncos
vs Rams
vs Bucs
@ Cardinals
@ Packers
vs Seahawks
@ Chargers
@ Rams
vs Cardinals

Seahawks:
@ Rams
@ Bears
vs Cardinals
@ Raiders
vs Giants
@ Cardinals
@ Saints
vs Chiefs
vs Panthers
@ 49ers
vs Falcons
@ Bucs
vs Rams

Rams:
vs Seahawks
@ Lions
vs Chargers
@ Bucs
vs Panthers
@ 49ers
vs Falcons
@ Broncos
@ Cardinals
@ Saints
vs Chiefs
vs 49ers
@ Seahawks

Cardinals:
@ Chargers
vs Saints
@ Seahawks
vs Bucs
@ Vikings
vs Seahawks
@ Chiefs
vs 49ers
vs Rams
vs Broncos
@ Panthers
vs Cowboys
@ 49ers
Good read.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Record-Aside-Confidence-is-High/3269aed1-c244-444b-bf39-e0712221ea00
Edit
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:33 PM ]
I made this thread two weeks ago. Anyhow, we feel the same. That is why I remain optimistic.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145743
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Sep 29, 2010 at 6:35 PM ]
Even if we drop the next 2, the 5 games after that are winnable IF the team makes strides on both sides of the ball. At 5-5 or even 4-6 we would still have 5 games vs NFC West, a division in which the 9ers went 5-1 last year. A 9-7 or 8-8 division winner is possible, but it will be a tight race. None of the other NFC west teams are ready to roll over and hand us the division, so the 9ers have to come out guns blazing Sunday and keep going full speed as if their lives depended on it! We won't win a division title by playing "balanced" offense. Now is the time to start using all our weapons and score lots of points, because we know our D is not shut down and will get burned. Hopefully Sing is smart enough to realize his job IS on the line and allows MJ to open up the playbook big time.
That is Homer news...it is PR...it is Yorkie BS

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
one of the NFL Network shows they said the 49ers will be the worst team in the NFL in the playoffs.

So were the Giants right. Tell that to every team they beat in the playoffs that year including the ALL MIGHT Pats.
Good read.

http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/Record-Aside-Confidence-is-High/3269aed1-c244-444b-bf39-e0712221ea00

Thanks
The key will be winning within the division. I'm worried we may not win more than 8 games, but if we can go 5-1 in the division, we only need to win 4 other games. We should easily sweep STL and ARI. We should.
7-9 ftw
St.Louis could actually end up in first place after this weekend if they beat Seattle and San Diego beats Arizona
Share 49ersWebzone