LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

The Niners vs the NFC west

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
one of the NFL Network shows they said the 49ers will be the worst team in the NFL in the playoffs.

They said the same thing about the Cards and they went to the Superbowl.
Originally posted by BigRon:
one of the NFL Network shows they said the 49ers will be the worst team in the NFL in the playoffs.

I would welcome being the worst team in the playoffs because it would mean we aren't the best team NOT in the playoffs

like when we lost to ATL and they knocked us out of the playoffs. Damn you hearst!

It's funny, they always rate the NFC West representative as being the worst in the playoffs, yet over the entire (PAST) decade EVERY NFC WEST REPRESENTATIVE HAS ADVANCED TO THE DIVISIONAL ROUND! (Yup, either by winning a 1st/2nd bye or a wildcard matchup in week one of the playoffs; as well as 3 Superbowl appearances.)

-NFC West has been tied with the NFC East for the most SB appearances/playoff-wins/wildcard births, than any other NFC division this decade!

Crazy fact everybody seems to overlook, year-after-year...
If the Niners can win tomorrow night, they will gained a game on the entire division. The Cardinals looked awful against the Falcons like we did against them last year, and the Rams are really just that bad. Apparently the Coach Carroll charisma lasted one week.

9-7 or 10-6 still look like likely season totals. And once the playoffs start, anything can happen.

[ Edited by NinerBuff on Sep 19, 2010 at 20:02:09 ]
Nice thread. This is a good idea
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If the Niners can win tomorrow night, they will gained a game on the entire division. The Cardinals looked awful against the Falcons like we did against them last year, and the Rams are really just that bad. Apparently the Coach Carroll charisma lasted one week.

9-7 or 10-6 still look like likely season totals. And once the playoffs start, anything can happen.

actually--and i could be wrong--but even if we win tomorrow, i think we'll be in 3rd, since both AZ and SEA have division wins.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

actually--and i could be wrong--but even if we win tomorrow, i think we'll be in 3rd, since both AZ and SEA have division wins.

you are correct
the cardinals are horrible rams played so well against the cards and played like s**t against the falcons

apparent;y pete carrol can only win opening games (as another poster stated earlier) although we have a really toucgh beginning of schedule we shud cruise through the middle and end of the season
Originally posted by BigRon:

I would welcome being the worst team in the playoffs because it would mean we aren't the best team NOT in the playoffs

Haha, right on.
LOL here's my NFL 2k5 (9-16-2010 roster/franchise file update) SIMULATION PREDICTIONS:

NFC WEST:

49ers: 8-8 (Division title)
Rams: 8-8
Seahawks: 7-9
Cardinals: 4-12

Wildcard Round:
49ers 20
Dallas 17

Divisional Round:
49ers 27
Eagles 14

NFC Championship:
Falcons 38
49ers 13

Superbowl:
Texans 24
Falcons 17

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 20, 2010 at 11:06:45 ]

could very well be a sub .500 team making the playoffs this year due to our division.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
could very well be a sub .500 team making the playoffs this year due to our division.

Were you just listening to John Clayton? He predicted the division winner would be 7-9 or 8-8 and that team would likely be the Seahawks because of Matt Hasselbeck.
  • ZRF80
87% of teams that start out 0-2 do not make the playoffs. If we lose tonight, our playoff "run" is more dependent on the rest of the division's demise rather than our own success as a team.

I dont know about you, but I dont want this team to take a back door into the playoffs only to be trounced in the opening round. It's time to make a god damn statement in this league. It's been almost a decade since our last playoff appearance.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
87% of teams that start out 0-2 do not make the playoffs. If we lose tonight, our playoff "run" is more dependent on the rest of the division's demise rather than our own success as a team.

I dont know about you, but I dont want this team to take a back door into the playoffs only to be trounced in the opening round. It's time to make a god damn statement in this league. It's been almost a decade since our last playoff appearance.

i'll take the back door anytime its offered to me.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

You can throw that 0-2 stat right out the window. It isn't going to apply to the NFC West this year. We have three rebuilding teams to compete with. We're far and away the most complete team in the division, and whether we start 0-2 tonight or not, that fact isn't going to change. The NFL gave us a hard start to the season, but it isn't going to be enough to keep us out of the playoffs this year.
Share 49ersWebzone