• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by jrg:
ONE WEEK OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

why does shaj keep making threads like this since last sunday?

I've come to a conclusion...

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Maybe because he's sick and tired of losing year in and year out with teams that have high expectations to reach the playoffs, but never can because of a lousy offensive coordinator named Jimmy Raye.

Fixed

he's played crappy with every OC they've matched him up with. Even his highly vaunted season with Norv Turner was ho-hum by good QB standards. You can pin this one on Jimmy Raye if you want to, but the recurring factor, by indisputable process of elimination, is Alex Smith

actually the recurring factor wouldn't be Alex Smith. If you remember right in 07 Smith wasn't the QB and where did that get us? Last year before Hill was benched Smith wasn't a factor and where did that get us? The problem is the damn play calling from Raye. Smith has already shown that he can move the ball down field. Just look at the first two drives against Seattle. He moved the ball down field only for Raye to stall the offense with his horrible play calling. Sorry Shaj but your blatant hatred for Smith is blinding you from the real problems with the team.

ok then, find me the independent analyst reviews from this year that say that Smith is a better than average QB, based on his historical performance (not based on his yet to be shown "potential"). You can't. You can only find those kind of comments from homers in NT.

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Maybe because he's sick and tired of losing year in and year out with teams that have high expectations to reach the playoffs, but never can because of a lousy offensive coordinator named Jimmy Raye.

Fixed

he's played crappy with every OC they've matched him up with. Even his highly vaunted season with Norv Turner was ho-hum by good QB standards. You can pin this one on Jimmy Raye if you want to, but the recurring factor, by indisputable process of elimination, is Alex Smith

actually the recurring factor wouldn't be Alex Smith. If you remember right in 07 Smith wasn't the QB and where did that get us? Last year before Hill was benched Smith wasn't a factor and where did that get us? The problem is the damn play calling from Raye. Smith has already shown that he can move the ball down field. Just look at the first two drives against Seattle. He moved the ball down field only for Raye to stall the offense with his horrible play calling. Sorry Shaj but your blatant hatred for Smith is blinding you from the real problems with the team.

ok then, find me the independent analyst reviews from this year that say that Smith is a better than average QB, based on his historical performance (not based on his yet to be shown "potential"). You can't. You can only find those kind of comments from homers in NT.

Actually if you pay attention to the games instead of always looking at stats then you would actually see what I was talking about. If you go into a game with the mentality "I'm going to lose" then you will probably lose. So if you are watching games with the mentality "Smith sucks I hate him, I wish he was never born, he is the anti crist, I have no clue about football I just follow all the other Smith hating members in NT" then guess what, all you will see is anything negative. If you open your eyes and watch the game you would have seen that after those first two drives the play calling, o line blocking(pass and run), pass catching....etc all went to s**t. You would have also noticed that everyone else on the team SUCKED! as well. Playing in Seattle is a hard thing to do with the crowd noise. They don't have the nickname the 12th man because they think it sounds cool. Add in the communication problems and combine that with limited time at the line for Smith to read the defense and you have the result of last weeks game. But hey, I must be another Smith homer right?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

Actually if you pay attention to the games instead of always looking at stats then you would actually see what I was talking about. If you go into a game with the mentality "I'm going to lose" then you will probably lose. So if you are watching games with the mentality "Smith sucks I hate him, I wish he was never born, he is the anti crist, I have no clue about football I just follow all the other Smith hating members in NT" then guess what, all you will see is anything negative. If you open your eyes and watch the game you would have seen that after those first two drives the play calling, o line blocking(pass and run), pass catching....etc all went to s**t. You would have also noticed that everyone else on the team SUCKED! as well. Playing in Seattle is a hard thing to do with the crowd noise. They don't have the nickname the 12th man because they think it sounds cool. Add in the communication problems and combine that with limited time at the line for Smith to read the defense and you have the result of last weeks game. But hey, I must be another Smith homer right?

Let's see how Sam Bradford does this year on the worst team in the NFL and then we can circle back and revisit your excuses for Alex in year 6.

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

same thing every week...

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 19, 2010 at 15:34:55 ]

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

Let's see how Sam Bradford does this year on the worst team in the NFL and then we can circle back and revisit your excuses for Alex in year 6.

who said I was making excuses? again like I said "But hey, I must be another Smith homer right?" Amazing how I would know you would assume that. Also you assume that I have the opinion that Smith is the greatest QB to play the game. My opinion has and will continue to be until proven other wise that Smith's verdict has yet to be determined. Anyone with a brain can see the difference in his play. Every year he has been healthy he has progressed in his development as a QB. If Smith fails this year then cut our losses and move on. But hate on hater!!!
Now is so much better than then:

Then:
We had girlie coaches like Walsh and Seifert that talked like professors.
Now:
Nolan and Singletary, scolded media at will with no restraint.

Then:
Reckless spending, prime ribs for players. Organization ran in red.
Now:
Emphasis on value, set tone with bottled water. Owners bring home profit monthly

Then:
Over paying was norm.
Now:
Minimum wage for GM, HC, OC, QB.

Then:
Played a girlie style of finesse football like WCO
Now:
Playing a manly smash mouth football from the '80s Bears.

Come on guys, Now is better. No comparison.
Originally posted by jed_york:

Then:
Now:

Then:
Now:
Emphasis on value, set tone with bottled water. Owners bring home profit monthly

Then:
Over paying was norm.
Now:

Then:
Now:

Then:
Winning football games
Now:
losing football games
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

who said I was making excuses? again like I said "But hey, I must be another Smith homer right?" Amazing how I would know you would assume that. Also you assume that I have the opinion that Smith is the greatest QB to play the game. My opinion has and will continue to be until proven other wise that Smith's verdict has yet to be determined. Anyone with a brain can see the difference in his play. Every year he has been healthy he has progressed in his development as a QB. If Smith fails this year then cut our losses and move on. But hate on hater!!!

You didn't say you were making excuses. You DID make excuses (go read your own post if you don't believe me). And that was just excuses from week 1, I'm familiar with the excuses for the five prior years as well, so you don't need to list those out. I don't believe you think he is the greatest player to play the game, come on. I just think you are extremely complacent and forgiving in a game that's all about winning. That's ok if you're good with it. To each his own, bro.

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

You didn't say you were making excuses. You DID make excuses (go read your own post if you don't believe me). And that was just excuses from week 1, I'm familiar with the excuses for the five prior years as well, so you don't need to list those out. I don't believe you think he is the greatest player to play the game, come on. I just think you are extremely complacent and forgiving in a game that's all about winning. That's ok if you're good with it. To each his own, bro.

Actually you are wrong again. When will you learn that when you ASSume all you do is make an ASSumption of yourself. Currently on the team what QB is better than Smith? Carr T. Smith ohhh I know, you are one of the Nate Davis guys. No matter what QB we had it wouldn't matter anyway because Singletary wants to RUN THE BALL!!!!! That is the reason for the run run run/screen pass punt play calling from Raye. That is the reason that Raye was the guy that Singletary hired. That is the reason why no other OC WANTED to come coach for the 49ers. You call them excuses and anyone who actually knows anything about football calls it reality.
Originally posted by jed_york:

Then:
Now:

Then:
Now:

Then:
Over paying was norm.
Now:

Then:
Now:

Then:
Winning football games
Now:
losing football games

Minor details.

This is about being the envy of league owners for our value at all key positions.

This is about fans all over the world tune into youtube to watch our coaches rant and be entertained.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

Actually you are wrong again. When will you learn that when you ASSume all you do is make an ASSumption of yourself. Currently on the team what QB is better than Smith? Carr T. Smith ohhh I know, you are one of the Nate Davis guys. No matter what QB we had it wouldn't matter anyway because Singletary wants to RUN THE BALL!!!!! That is the reason for the run run run/screen pass punt play calling from Raye. That is the reason that Raye was the guy that Singletary hired. That is the reason why no other OC WANTED to come coach for the 49ers. You call them excuses and anyone who actually knows anything about football calls it reality.

yeah, we have a crappy OC, but greatness transcends everything, that's one thing history has shown us. I'm sure Tom Brady or Payton Manning could light it up with any OC you give them.

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

yeah, we have a crappy OC, but greatness transcends everything, that's one thing history has shown us. I'm sure Tom Brady or Payton Manning could light it up with any OC you give them.

Ok once again think of the play calling. If the defense KNOWS you are going to pass on third down because you just ran the ball on the two previous plays it makes the defensive coordinators job so much easier. Look what happened to Payton Manning last year when the 49ers consistently pressured him and collapsed the pocket. Manning had a pretty bad game. Now imagine if the only time Manning threw the ball was on third down. The defensive coordinator would juts call plays that would pressure Manning and force him to either throw the ball away, throw a poor pass or throw an interception. You take a great player and put them in a poor system and that great player just became mediocre ( and no I am not saying Smith is great because we all know he is far from). Just look at Favre before he went to Green Bay. Look at Steve Young before he came to the 49ers. Examples of a HOF qb and a future HOF qb, yet they didn't "light it up" on their previous teams did they?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

Ok once again think of the play calling. If the defense KNOWS you are going to pass on third down because you just ran the ball on the two previous plays it makes the defensive coordinators job so much easier. Look what happened to Payton Manning last year when the 49ers consistently pressured him and collapsed the pocket. Manning had a pretty bad game. Now imagine if the only time Manning threw the ball was on third down. The defensive coordinator would juts call plays that would pressure Manning and force him to either throw the ball away, throw a poor pass or throw an interception. You take a great player and put them in a poor system and that great player just became mediocre ( and no I am not saying Smith is great because we all know he is far from). Just look at Favre before he went to Green Bay. Look at Steve Young before he came to the 49ers. Examples of a HOF qb and a future HOF qb, yet they didn't "light it up" on their previous teams did they?

No argument from me, OC makes a huge difference. Players can have up and down years independent of OCs too, making the assessment more difficult. Smith has not thrived under any OC except Turner, and even then, that one year was highly overrated. It's only good if you could only muster 1 TD the previous year and you're speaking from a point of comparison. I see OC, HC, and anything else you can think of as a variable but Smith as the constant. Everyone else of significance around him has gotten fired or released. At some point you realize that he is the focal point of this cycle. Bradford showed more poise and moxie in his first game than Smith ever has. It just kills me to watch this team languish like this, and then watching fans be ok with it is just adding rock salt in the wound.

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

No argument from me, OC makes a huge difference. Players can have up and down years independent of OCs too, making the assessment more difficult. Smith has not thrived under any OC except Turner, and even then, that one year was highly overrated. It's only good if you could only muster 1 TD the previous year and you're speaking from a point of comparison. I see OC, HC, and anything else you can think of as a variable but Smith as the constant. Everyone else of significance around him has gotten fired or released. At some point you realize that he is the focal point of this cycle. Bradford showed more poise and moxie in his first game than Smith ever has. It just kills me to watch this team languish like this, and then watching fans be ok with it is just adding rock salt in the wound.

You also have to realize that Bradford and Smith are two different people. Smith needs to fully understand the offense. If he doesn't he thinks to much rather than reacts. Bradford is a legit NFL QB. Like I have stated, the verdict for Smith has not been turned in yet. The jury will come to their conclusion at some point this season.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

Shaj=Veteran Troll.

Fixed

You also have to realize that Bradford and Smith are two different people. Smith needs to fully understand the offense. If he doesn't he thinks to much rather than reacts. Bradford is a legit NFL QB. Like I have stated, the verdict for Smith has not been turned in yet. The jury will come to their conclusion at some point this season.

We're still saying this in year 6. Have to agree with your last post overall though. I have NO doubts however that, should his performance falter this year, there will be no shortage of excuses in NT.
Share 49ersWebzone