WTF Lott to address Saints after practice today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by znk916:
guess ronnie is disgusted with the current 49ers team also, anyone still drinking the homerade?

Don't bother to check the facts, sab.

That's not sab. Trust me, I know who sab was.

So it's someone else who can't be bothered to check the facts? Ok!!!!!!

Yes.

• evil
  • Veteran
guess ronnie is disgusted with the current 49ers team also, anyone still drinking the homerade?

he could've turned it down and got his money doing other speaking gigs

its a pattern of disconnect from the current team when our greatest players from the past are literally selling out to motivate our opponents

Yeah Lott shouldn't be willing to help the NFL or any of the players in the league that are not associated with this franchise. He should be a selfish f**k

its a pattern of disconnect from the current team when our greatest players from the past are literally selling out to motivate our opponents

I wonder if you realize how ridiculous this post is?

Yeah Lott shouldn't be willing to help the NFL or any of the players in the league that are not associated with this franchise. He should be a selfish f**k

not his fault, it comes down to the yorks pretty much wrecking debartolo's legacy

for the most part I don't care about ownership, but if they had done a better job of maintaining a 'first-class' organization, I think guys would think twice about giving pregame talks to 49er opponents
REVERSED PSYCHOLOGY! If I addressed you and said enough good things about you, maybe you won't be as aggressive with me when we finally have to face you.

Bill Walsh was great at doing this! Fill the other team with wonderful praises from the QB to the Kickers and the Coaches ... and then beats them.

Just as Drew Brees is giving the 49er's high praises!

You get a different reaction when you praise a team rather than threatening them.
i.e. We're BETTER than the Saints and we WILL stop Drew Brees.

One is meant to ease them down while the other is intended to intimidate ... but most often than not ... it motivates them.

It all part the game!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 19, 2010 at 10:54:28 ]
Originally posted by Method:
Tdilver- I know you feel this organization has done wrong by our ex players, and I'd agree, but Ronnie Lott agreeing to speak to the Saints is a slap to every 9er fan/coach/player that still has their love in this team. Lost some respect for Ronnie for doing this.

You guys crack me up. Why the he** should Lott or anyone else be loyal to the guys that pushed out their owner and has done everything they can to sully the history of the organization? If I recall correctly, Rice and Lott were let go. Welcome to the real world. The Yorks have brought this on.
Im disgusted to see OUR greats go to OTHER teams and help them out or what not. Although Samuari Mike has said he embrasses our past, he has yet to show us. While other teams HAVE.

That's not sab. Trust me, I know who sab was.

So it's someone else who can't be bothered to check the facts? Ok!!!!!!

Yes.

say it aint so Ronnie
Originally posted by Smokie:
Tdilver- I know you feel this organization has done wrong by our ex players, and I'd agree, but Ronnie Lott agreeing to speak to the Saints is a slap to every 9er fan/coach/player that still has their love in this team. Lost some respect for Ronnie for doing this.

You guys crack me up. Why the he** should Lott or anyone else be loyal to the guys that pushed out their owner and has done everything they can to sully the history of the organization? If I recall correctly, Rice and Lott were let go. Welcome to the real world. The Yorks have brought this on.

Last time I checked, neither Rice nor Lott were let go by the Yorks. You might like to check your facts. Eddie D owned the team when Montana, Craig, Lott etc were let go. So blaming the Yorks is incorrect.

Last time I checked, neither Rice nor Lott were let go by the Yorks. You might like to check your facts. Eddie D owned the team when Montana, Craig, Lott etc were let go. So blaming the Yorks is incorrect.

I should have been clearer. I did not say the Yorks let Montana/Lott go, but I could see how the post could be misleading. I blame the Yorks for dirtying the history of the organization and helping to push out Eddie D, and for not embracing the history of the Niners. I brought up the Rice and Lott departures to illustrate that the Niners were not exactly loyal to them either. Poorly executed on my part, but I was getting a lot of gibberish in my ear from Raye.

I should have been clearer. I did not say the Yorks let Montana/Lott go, but I could see how the post could be misleading. I blame the Yorks for dirtying the history of the organization and helping to push out Eddie D, and for not embracing the history of the Niners. I brought up the Rice and Lott departures to illustrate that the Niners were not exactly loyal to them either. Poorly executed on my part, but I was getting a lot of gibberish in my ear from Raye.

Ok hear what you say. I loved Eddie but the involvement in the corruption case was not acceptable. I don't blame the Yorks. I place the blame where it belongs. Despite everything that went before, Eddie DeBartolo was the architect of his own downfall.
Man during the Seattle game the Announcers were making a big deal about how Jerry Rice visited the Seahawks before their game in week 1. That pissed me off. Why are former 49ers providing inspiration for our enemies?
I seriously doubt Lott is "aiding and abetting the enemy." He was invited and he did what he wanted to do. He can do whatever he damn well chooses.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I seriously doubt Lott is "aiding and abetting the enemy." He was invited and he did what he wanted to do. He can do whatever he damn well chooses.

we ought to slap you for being so sensible. That type of logic has no place in niner talk.
Share 49ersWebzone