LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

WTF Lott to address Saints after practice today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ermark:
Originally posted by Method:
I mean, singletary has already said he'd be happy to allow our hall of famers to come to 49ers practices... Maybe he hasnt invited then? Still, this is embarrassing. Talking to the saints a day before they play the Niners? Cmon now.

It's sad to see this from one of my all time favorite 49er...

Can't really blame the team here IMO. This is just a decision Lott made :(.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
WTF. Whats with our greats addressing other teams. First Jerry, now Lott.

Yeah...thats some BS right there...
Originally posted by Method:
I mean, singletary has already said he'd be happy to allow our hall of famers to come to 49ers practices... Maybe he hasnt invited then? Still, this is embarrassing. Talking to the saints a day before they play the Niners? Cmon now.

This.....that really pisses me off.
that's what happens when these players want to retire as a 49er but then get cut..

JED TAKE NOTES!!
Originally posted by Chief:
Montana will speak to Kansas City.
Young to Atlanta.
Bill Walsh to Oakland.

Singeltary will talk him bulls**t to our defense and Raye will mumble some speech to the offense that sounds like this.

"Well, you have to articulate the muurmmeeer wubble wub wub wub mur for wonderful strength and murrble murrble well winners!"

Ummm...Bill Walsh passed away. God rest his soul.
It's pathetically sad but it's a free country. For about 8-9 years now the 9ers seemingly have made little effort to court players of the past to come in and motivate or inspire our young players. UFC fighters race car drivers and others have come instead.

It's like someone is hellbent on writing their own legacy free from the trappings of the "disastrous and embarrassing" Eddie D era.

IDK, I've been a fan since 81 but a few more years of FAIL and I think I might be moving on.
Tdilver- I know you feel this organization has done wrong by our ex players, and I'd agree, but Ronnie Lott agreeing to speak to the Saints is a slap to every 9er fan/coach/player that still has their love in this team. Lost some respect for Ronnie for doing this.
guess ronnie is disgusted with the current 49ers team also, anyone still drinking the homerade?

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Glazer just said it on Fox. Blasphamy

The team pay him as a motivational speaker to address the team during preseason. Him and, amongst others, Joe Theisman and Jon Gruden. Now can you all stop acting like you caught him sleeping with your wives?
These men are doing favors to the NFL teams and young players. It's not our Ex Players faults that our stupid ass organization is too cocky to send them an invite.

Originally posted by znk916:
guess ronnie is disgusted with the current 49ers team also, anyone still drinking the homerade?

Don't bother to check the facts, sab.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by Chief:
Montana will speak to Kansas City.
Young to Atlanta.
Bill Walsh to Oakland.

Singeltary will talk him bulls**t to our defense and Raye will mumble some speech to the offense that sounds like this.

"Well, you have to articulate the muurmmeeer wubble wub wub wub mur for wonderful strength and murrble murrble well winners!"

Ummm...Bill Walsh passed away. God rest his soul.

Which is why he will speak to Oakland. Only the Crypt Keeper can make contact with him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

That's not sab. Trust me, I know who sab was.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That's not sab. Trust me, I know who sab was.

So it's someone else who can't be bothered to check the facts? Ok!!!!!!

he could've turned it down and got his money doing other speaking gigs

its a pattern of disconnect from the current team when our greatest players from the past are literally selling out to motivate our opponents
Share 49ersWebzone